One step forward, three steps back.
I feel like the plot is floundering. Every week is a variation on the same thing. Move the story forward! This season is so repetitive and derivative! It’s a snoozefest in between scenes that make you scream at your TV in frustration. Seriously, the actual history of France at this time period was action packed and deserves to be a part of better written show–it was bloody, dangerous, passionate, and this show neuters all of it in favor of love triangles and teenage angst…Ugh…
- Wow, they sure are setting up this General R/Kenna thing. We JUST got rid of Antoine and now she’s going to go with this guy? WTF?! I’m so SICK of this kind of shit from everyone!
- Greer and Leith might break up? Well then there was no point in putting them together in the first place! This was just unncecesarily cruel to Greith and Greer/Castleroy shippers and it made Greer look like she didn’t give a damn about her actual husband who’s rotting away in prison and his children that have been swallowed by a black hole somewhere along the way.
- Claude: GO AWAY! YOU SERVE NO PURPSE OTHER THAN TO ANNOY THE PISS ABOUT EVERYONE!!! LEAVE!!!!
- 2x20: Catherine/Narcisse/Lola: hey the writers acknowledged that Lola and Narcisse have chemistry. But Catherine would NEVER act like that over any man but Henri. Season 2 Catherine is horrible! She’s not tough except to deliver a few lines, the rest of the time she’s declawed and not the badass we loved and hated in season 1. Give Catherine something to do besides fawn over men! She’s one of the biggest badasses of French history and she’s one of the best characters on this show–give her something to do!
- Mary: You can’t have both Francis and Conde–PICK ONE or let them both go. I think she should let Conde go. I don’t like the guy, but the way she keeps him around is just cruel (for the fans and for the characters). Let him go, lady! Can you really not go a day without being the center of every man’s attention?! I thought this last episode meant that she and Conde were done. Now we’re back to where we were a few episodes ago–MOVE THE PLOT FORWARD!!!! Every episode with this love triangle is the same and NOTHING INTERESTING OR WELL WRITTEN IS HAPPENING! Let Conde go, lady!
Bash: since Kenna’s been wasting no time getting back on the horse, can Bash have a sudden, random love interest or is his character destined to always be unhappy? Knowing this show the writers would just fling him together with a guest star or with Claude (EW, it was gross the first time you freaks!). You poor beautiful man!
I can’t be the only one that sees how boring and repetitive this season is? It’s a shame because going off of history and the way plots were going in season 1, this season had the potential to be OUTSTANDING and breathtaking and incredibly intense. Instead it’s just been a kick to the gut and a dull headache. If this is what I have to look forward to in season 3, then why bother watching….At least I have plenty of biographies and historical fiction novels about this time period to keep me interested…