can you believe how fiercely renee walker cares about jean moreau? can you imagine how jean felt to receive a call from her, telling him she was going to get him out of there, and she actually showed up like a legit angel and jean looked at her like she was the Light™ and she Set Him Free® (sublimal the get down context)? and renee looked at him, quietly thinking to herself, i love this boy with all my heart and nobody is going to hurt him ever again
It takes some time to put them up at home, and they have to go on the ceiling because his room doesn’t have beams to accommodate them, but Akira stretches up on his tiptoes and presses another little star onto the ceiling above his bed.
There are two quick knocks against his bedroom door, and then his mother is peering in. “We’re going out to–” She stops, looks at the stars on the ceiling as Akira carefully climbs down from where he’s standing on the mattress. “Akira. Don’t put those up. They’ll leave residue when you take them down.”
“Sorry.” He sits down on the edge of the bed and looks up at her, hand curling around the remaining stars lying on his bed.
Her lips are pinched into a frown, and she sighs before continuing. “We’re going out. We won’t be back until late, so don’t wait up.”
Akira nods. “Have a good time.”
She leaves the door open when she leaves, and Akira waits until he hears the car start outside before he goes to close it. She doesn’t do it on purpose, he’s sure. She just hasn’t lived with him for a year. She doesn’t know what he’s been through. She never will.
He looks across the room, looks at the stars scattered about his ceiling. He has no intention of taking them down.
He finishes putting them up instead, and turns the light off when he’s finished. They’ve been collecting just enough light that they glow faintly in the almost darkness. It reminds him of Leblanc. It reminds him of the planetarium. It reminds him of the place that has come to feel like home itself, and the people that have come to feel like family, and more.
Why is it, he wonders, that that almost feels better than what he has here?
He misses them, that’s all. He had missed his parents and friends here at first, too. The hollow feeling in his chest will soothe over in time.
Besides, it’s not as though they’re gone forever or anything.
Akira reaches for his phone off the desk and snaps a picture. It’s of him, in that almost darkness, with the stars barely visible in the picture. He tests out some filters and decides against it, sending the photo as is. It’s imperfect, but honest. No more masks. Of any kind.
He’s barely settled back into bed to gaze up at the stars before his phone chirps. He picks it up from the bed and pushes his glasses up his nose to read it better.
Now that IS a true work of art.
He only just stifles his laugh.
No, they aren’t gone forever. They are still with him, even after the end. Even after they have no reason to be, they are still there. He is still there.
Akira smiles, closes his eyes. Rests his phone on his chest and places his hands over it protectively.
When they ask me about my future wife, I always tell them that her eyes are the only Christmas lights that deserve to be seen all year long. I tell them that she has a walk that can make an atheist believe in God just long enough to say, ‘God damn’. I tell them that if my alarm clock sounded like her voice, my snooze button would collect dust. I tell them that if she came in a bottle, I would drink her until my vision is blurry and my friends take away my keys. I tell them that if she was a book, I would memorize her table of contents. I would read her, cover to cover, hoping to find typos, just so we could both have something to work on, because aren’t we all unfinished?
Top 5 most difficult hq college separations??? (It can be from the same or different years)
Bye this is gonna be so painful
1. Bokuto and Akaashi. The mother of all the college separations, I think the realization would hit Akaashi way more than Bokuto. Because he won’t say goodbye to just Bokuto, but basically to the whole Fukurodani team as we know it. Not to mention he will have to take the weight on his shoulder and be the next captain…after him. He will have to start over again, without the blinding, comforting light and force of nature that Bokuto is by his side. Practice will suddenly be so quiet, his days so empty, his life so steady and so…cold. And Bokuto…well, I know that, if he could, he’ll give up everything just to live forever in this last year they have to share.
2. The third years and the rest of Karasuno. Ah this is gonna be another big one. All the crows are impossibly close to each other, they accomplished together a greatness that was once forgotten. I think they have this thought constantly buzzing in the back of their mind, that each game could be the last they’re playing together. And I know Furudate will show us their last goodbye and there’s no way I’m gonna be prepared to see that. To see Asahi and Noya separating, to see the transfer of power to Ennoshita, to see how desperate Hinata, and honestly all the others, would be. To see Suga smiling and saying it will be ok, that they’ll be ok. To see Daichi telling them to win, to win again, for them. I…I’m already a mess
3. Oikawa and Iwaizumi. The news of Oikawa and Iwaizumi not going to the same college hit us all like a truck. They’ve been together since they were kids, always side by side. They grew up together, both as a person and as players. They are partners, on and off court. Thinking about them finding a new equilibrium without the other just breaks my heart. Because I know they would do amazing wherever they’ll end up being, but still…damn. I just wanted them to be together, forever. Seeing them saying goodbye to each other with eyes full of tears it’s an experience I’ll never recover from
4. Tendou and the rest of Shiratorizawa. His team was the very first place where Tendou felt accepted for the wonderful player and human begin he is. The swans were his family, his home, his paradise. I can’t make myself think about how hard the separation would be on him, that he would end up being alone…again. To an extent, this same thing could be said about Ushijima, too.
5. Kuroo and Kenma. I don’t think it would be such a devastating separation for them, since they’ve been through it once before in middle school. But that first time they knew it was just a matter of one year before they’d be reunited again, but now? They still live very close, but who knows where Kuroo would end up studying? Despite his very much annoyance, I think that Kenma finds somehow a feeling of comfort in having Kuroo by his side, always ready to protect and encourage him. They’ll both miss each other very much a lot, I’m sure of it.
i liked lion 4, i thought it was good and had an important message.. that message being sometimes things arent as deep or complex as you thought, and overthinking can be dangerous to your state of mind
i dont get why so many people are bitter.. its not like this specific episode was hyped up as The Climax Where We Finally Learn All Roses Secrets…
Okay this ask it completely unfair because it changes almost daily but I’ll say the goodbye scene(s) before Aaron leaves for prison. Talk about GOOD ANGST! Let’s just break it down.
1. Aaron mentions he needs cash for his prison account and Robert “money is everything” Sugden gives his husband his very last pound.
2. Robert trying to insert his usual brand of levity in the darkest of times with “Thieving my underwear again?” AGAIN??? EXACTLY HOW OFTEN DOES THIS UNDERWEAR THIEVERY HAPPEN ROBERT??? A GIRL NEEDS TO KNOW!
3. Two words: shower gel! AARON NEEDS THIS CONSTANT REMINDER OF HIS HUSBAND TO CLING TO WHILE HE’S AWAY! TO ENVELOPE HIMSELF IN THE SMELL OF THE MAN HE LOVES. TO FEEL LESS ALONE WITHOUT ROBERT. I need to lie down and recover for the next nine hours.
4. Aaron’s “Honey Do Not List” for Robert. Does he know his husband or what? DON’T CLIMB ANY TREES! BLESS!
5. Angsty heartbreaking MUTUAL I LOVE YOUs while they make a HEART SHAPE WITH THEIR GODDAMN BODIES!!! (FYI ALL OTHER OTPS CAN GIVE UP NOW! YOU’LL NEVER HAVE A MOMENT AS BEAUTIFUL AS THAT!)
6. Robert’s massive paws taking up the whole of Aaron’s back while he shoves his face into his husbands neck. Drinking in those last few seconds together. Aaron almost having to pry him off.
7. The return of the only pet names they are ever allowed to have. “Bye then Mr. Dingle.” Aaron to Robert. “Bye Mr. Sugden.” Robert to Aaron. “Goodbye cruel world.” Me as I ascended to the heavens watching Robert finally give in to the despair of losing his husband.