The Big Bang Theory: “The Locomotion Reverberation” Review
**SPOILERS BE BELOW!**
My Top Ten Thoughts on The Big Bang Theory, Season 10, Episode 15:
10. I’m not a big fan of the opener, to be honest. Why aren’t they supportive of Sheldon wanting to make the device even smaller? Wouldn’t that open the possibility for more money from the government. I thought it was a little tiring to see Leonard and Howard being so cold to Sheldon. I want friendly Howard and Leonard with Sheldon!
9. Oh my gosh, that Leonard and Sheldon hug, though! PRECIOUS!! Any time Sheldon hugs someone, it’s magical.
8. Okay, so Halley’s cry is still funny, I don’t care what anyone says. I lost it when Penny turned off the baby monitor and the cries were actually louder!
7. Sheldon being super excited about the Train Trip is about like me prepping for any anime convention…how can anyone not love Sheldon when he’s excited?! I get Amy getting overwhelmed, but still…happy Sheldon!
6. Of COURSE the government wants the smaller system that Sheldon was working on! There you go, Howard and Leonard! That’s karma for you!
5. I wish Raj and Stuart wouldn’t argue! Why can’t they get along like they did that one time? Come on, writers…quit having them fight and be the adorable godfather pair they are!?
4. “I may have just left my infant with Patrick and Spongebob.” HA! Sassy Bernadette is the best Bernadette.
3. That said, it was really sad seeing the three of them sobbing in a bookstore parking lot. Why should Penny feel pressured to have a kid?! Why should Amy feel pressured?! I do agree that some of the “young magic” has changed from seasons past, but I would like for them to do fun things instead of just complain about adulthood.
2. “Hello?! I have a girlfriend; I’m already King of the Train Store.” Can we all just appreciate how even when he’s subtle and nonchalant, he can be so sweet with lines like this? Bravo, Sheldon! Damn straight, King of the Train Store!
1. Okay, okay…I’m not panicking about that train scene…not panicking…not….panic…king….OH. MY. FANGIRLING. SELF.
CAN WE TALK ABOUT THAT SLOW-MOTION WATER ON SHELDON AND THAT WHOLE SCENE…ABOUT HOW HE WAS SHIRTLESS UNDER HIS OVERALLS?!
CAN ANYONE MAKE ME A GIF SET OF THAT?
I’ll probably find one as soon as I post this. Let’s just say, afterwards, I was:
“Venture outside your comfort zone. The rewards are worth it!” -Rapunzel, Tangled (2010).
what I love about this is that Amy would’ve been happy staying in 4A with Sheldon in separate bedrooms, but he was so interested in the idea (and her) that he decided to take a step out of his comfort zone, and now he knows that it was so damn worth it…
Amy (bursting in): Sheldon Cooper, I’ve got a bone to pick with you, and I’m about to do it in front of all your friends.
Penny: Yeah, you pick that bone. You pick that bone clean!
Amy: I’m gonna publicly shame you, and then sit back as societal pressure compels you to modify your behaviour.
Penny: Ooh, burn!
Amy: And if you don’t start treating me better, I’m leaving you for a miniature horse breeder named Armin.
Sheldon: Armin who?
Amy: Armin… damn it.
Penny: Sheldon, she wanted to show you off to her family, and you stood her up, okay? Look at this adorable, smushy face. Smush, smush, smush, smush.
Amy: You’re hurting me.
Penny: No, Sheldon hurt you.
Amy: Before; now it’s you.
Sheldon: I think I understand. You’re the one person who can say Sheldon Cooper is your boyfriend, but that rings hollow if you can’t lord him over others in the flesh. I forget what I bring to the party and what I take away when I leave. Please accept these valuable Cooper Coupons as restitution.
Penny: Sheldon, she doesn’t want your stupid…
Amy: Ooh, Science Center. Redeeming. Let’s go.
Sheldon: Well played, Amy Farrah Fowler. Let me get my coat. (Whip sound) Oh, grow up, Leonard.
Raj: But e-excuse me, I have something to say. None of you may realize it, but I was very much looking forward to this weekend. It was gonna be like the old days, the four of us hanging out playing video games before you guys all got girlfriends. Do you have any idea what it’s like to be the only one without a girlfriend? Even if I get one someday, I’ll still be the guy who got a girl after Sheldon Cooper !
Penny: And that’s how a girl makes a scene. I’m sorry, sweetie. You’re right. You deserve your weekend. Come on, Amy, let’s go.
Amy: What about the Science Center?
Penny: I’ll let you hold my hair while I throw up.
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD. Jim Parsons auditioned for the role of Barney Stinson in How I Met Your Mother. Oh my God! I badly need to see his audition. Oh my god just imagine if he got that role. A man who had sex with over 200 women. A man that always wear a suit. A man who’s always hitting on women at the bar. MY GOD. I mean, of course I love him as Sheldon Cooper. But just imagine Jim Parsons as Barney Stinson!!! Making out with all those women. Seducing those women. Wow. I need to calm down. But I can’t. Ugh. Okay. Wow. HOO!!!!!! I mean, I love Neil Patrick Harris too. And he did a great job playing Barney Stinson. BUT MY GOD. Jim Parsons playing that role. Damn. That I would have loved to see too. Ughhhhh. Damn.
That would have been LEGEN wait for it…..DARY!!!!!