POI Appreciation week // Day 5: Favourite Quotes ⇢Pi, the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter, and this is just the beginning; it keeps on going, forever, without ever repeating….everything we ever say or do; all of the world’s infinite possibilities rest within this one simple circle.
1. Because they are the center of each other’s universe. Everything Akaashi does, he does for Bokuto. If there’s a person Bokuto always seeks, that person is Akaashi. Let’s just face that if Akaashi really was the manipulative and condescending setter he’s often accused to be, Bokuto would avoid him like the plague. If Bokuto was just a dumb ball of muscles, Akaashi would never invest literally all his energies on him. Instead, they both pour an incredible amount of love and devotion on the other, they make each other feel better… HONESTLY, if this is not love…
2. Because they balance and support each other. At first glance, they do are a strange couple, but I think they work perfectly together. Akaashi grounds Bokuto and Bokuto inspires Akaashi in every way possible in return. They also rely on each other, mutually. Bokuto needs Akaashi’s emotional and moral support, he needs his strength and reassurance, but this doesn’t mean Akaashi is there to spoon-feed him. On the contrary, he’s always the first to call out his extraness and his tantrums. At the same time, Akaashi is devoted to Bokuto’s constant improvement and never ever ever said a bad thing about him behind his back, he was always there with that smug smile talking about how great he is, and is ready to fight whoever dares to say the opposite. No one is as proud of Bokuto as Akaashi is, and they are each other’s biggest fan.
3. Because they have amazing chemistry. They have the definition of polar opposite personalities, maybe that’s why they fit so well. They are amazing partners on court and are that kind of couple that never argues. Despite everything, they barely even banter and never, ever, an insult left their mouth. Of course, they get frustrated with the other sometimes, but that’s only natural if you mix Bokuto’s teasing personality with the perfectionist that is Akaashi Keiji. Overall, I think that if there’s a thing that they never fail to bring in each other’s life, that thing is pure excitement. Not to mention that they are also competitive AS HELL. You’ll see…
4. Because they deeply care and understand each other. Bokuto is not an easy partner, at all. He’s loud, demanding and unstable but Akaashi is the only person able to always manage him so well, no matter the situation. He knows, understands, and can handle him in a way no one else does. Akaashi cares about his ace, A LOT, and even if Bokuto doesn’t show the same amount of concern towards Akaashi, this doesn’t mean he cares less about him. I just think that Bokuto (who’s not dumb for the love of god), knows Akaashi so much to understand that he just doesn’t need or want all that attention. He knows Akaashi is there for him whenever he needs him, and the same thing goes the other way around.
5. Because they naturally gravitate towards the other. The setter/ace relationship is very strong on its own but, let’s face it, these two boys are literally glued together. They attract each other so much it’s almost impossible to find them alone, they even hang out together in school despite being from two different years. Take the summer training camp as another example. If you see Bokuto in a scene, chances are that Akaashi is right next to him or looking at him from afar (with the softest smile on his face. We see you -Kashi, we see you). Not to mention that canonically Akaashi fell asleep on the ground next to Bokuto, rather than leaving him alone during the captain’s card games night. I MEAN.
I want Neil to be sitting on the couch while talking to Matt and Andrew just silently enters the room. He sits down and drapes his legs over Neil or something and Neil doesn’t react and just lets Andrew play with his hair or his fingers. Matt gapes and Neil doesn’t notice, he just keeps talking about Exy strategies.