So I’m watching The Crown on Netflix, real banger of a show, and Prince Phillip goes “you’ve taken my career and my home and my family name from me what kind of marriage is this” and I was like shit. he’s the woman in a traditional marriage. that’s a completely normal classic marriage, it’s just that the gender roles are reversed. I don’t know if that was intentional from the show writers but DAMN
1. Dean canonically loves bunnies, and should have one with him at all times.
Add it to the list of bunker animals, along with Sam’s dog and Cas’s guinea pig.
It also helps that the bunny sort of looks like him.
Like, come on. Tell me you don’t see the resemblance.
2. He’s also taking steps towards being more open about who and what he loves.
Baby steps, Dean. Baby steps.
3. This is not a sentence I ever expected to hear come out of Dean’s mouth, but I am insanely glad that it did.
4. Nor was this one, though honestly it’s just as good.
5. Honestly, this whole exchange was just pure, bisexual gold.
*Cough* As soon as you walked in, you had the hots for Larry. *Cough*
6. Dean needs and deserves to use a grenade launcher, and I am shocked and enraged that he hasn’t.
Look at the anguish on his face. Just let him shoot the damn grenades, you monsters.
7. Rowena, like any sane person, loves giving Dean nose boops.
Get it, gurl! LOL, this is honestly such a cute, fun episode. :)
8. …Okay, maybe it’s not so fun.
9. I TAKE IT BACK, THIS EPISODE IS THE PERSONIFICATION OF EMOTIONAL ANGUISH.
DEAN, BABY, PLEASE DON’T CRY. I’LL TAKE YOU IN MY ARMS AND CUDDLE YOU AND TELL YOU YOUR NAME UNTIL EVERYTHING’S ALRIGHT AGAIN.
10. Dean is a raging bisexual, and everyone just needs to come to terms with that.
Come on, SPN writers: show me one heterosexual man who derives that much enjoyment from riding a mechanical bull. Point one out to me. I’ll wait. Never mind the fact that he’s way too good at riding things for someone who’s never shown much interest in horses.
Jesus fucking Christ.
Overall rating: 9/10 for cuteness, Larry, and making me cry like a little bitch. One point redacted for forced heterosexuality, but otherwise an amazing and very memorable ep from a solid season. Honorable mention for the perennially patient Sammy.
Stiles has a magical thingamajig that’s supposed to get him out of danger. Trouble is, it took him really, really far out of danger. Like, to the point where he isn’t in the same universe anymore.
“A part of Stiles had been thinking that he’d come home, and just go, ‘hey, Derek, are we mates and you just haven’t said anything about it?’ and Derek would reply, ‘now you mention it, we are indeed! Now come to my bedchamber, where we will have super hot sex and then cuddle after!’”
Derek plans to spend the rest of his life holed up in the woods after Laura dies. Then he meets a stubborn young fox, and the stubborn young fox meets an urn of Deaton’s magic powder, and his plans change.
“Stiles tell me you understand” His mum pleaded. “You are not allowed to talk about your biological fathers with anyone except me. Not even John” She waited for him to nod his head before continuing “And you can’t use your powers, okay. No matter how much you want to. The demons will find you, if you do. You can only use your powers in emergencies, when there are no other way out. Do you understand ?” Stiles nodded, willing to give his mother anything, if she would just be happy again. “Good. Now enough about stupid rules. John is at the police station, and Gabriel is coming to pick us up, so we can spend the entire day with your fathers. Sound fun?” She asked, smiling. Stiles nodded his head again, his own smile breaking out on his face.
Or : Stiles is the nephilim son of Archangel Gabriel and Hunter Sam Winchester. Stiles is hunted by both demons and angels, but he will do everything in his power to keep his new pack safe. Still, keeping the secret is getting harder, and harder. Stiles just need a bit more time, but Derek has apparently never heard of personal space, that makes the secret harder to keep. And worse is that Stiles seem to react really funny to getting his personal space invaded.
Derek believes that his mate has died until someone unexpected proves him wrong, but his future mate is unwilling and possibly suicidal. Once their connection is made Derek knows he will have a year to win Stiles over or die from his mate’s rejection so he turns to Scott for help. When foolish plans fail to win Stiles over Derek turns to a books to help him seduce his mate and discovers that magic comes in many forms.
Once upon a time there was a boy who lived on the edge of the deep, dark forest and in the forest there lived a big bad wolf…
Stiles’ father has been paranoid about him ever since his mother died, making him wear a red cloak to ward off the monsters of the forest. When he defies his father’s wishes Stiles is rescued from the last of the Wolves, his former mentor Derek, by the hunter Kate Argent. But all is not as it seems to Stiles. Maybe the wolf isn’t as big or as bad as he has been told.
Once upon a time, there was a boy called Little Red, after the red hoodie he wears everywhere he goes. One day, the boy - better known as Stiles - walks through the woods to visit his grandmother. His father has ordered him to stay strictly on the path, but naturally he doesn’t listen. Which leads him to a wolf named Derek, who isn’t sure he wants the boy in his territory.
Little Red Riding Hood isn’t just one story. People are mistaken about that. Hell, Grimm wasn’t even original about it. The first guy to publish it was actually Charles Perrault, a french writer who wrote shit for the Louis XIV’s court. And damn, there was nothing subtle about it.
Stiles is trapped for the holidays in the cabin of a strange man/hermit named Derek. A strangely friendly wolf befriends Stiles during his stay. It’s up to the teenager to find out why Derek has secluded himself from society, what the feelings he’s beginning to have means, and what the connection between the mysterious man and the mysterious black wolf is.
Since I can’t write at the moment (damn writer’s block) I’m doing another giveaway for you all! This time, it will be name meanings, it will be just the first name. So, if you want one, reblog this post with the info below:
OC’s name: First and Last (you can add middle if you want, it’s optional)
Okay, so I know we all like to joke around about and shit on Riley…well more so on the fact that the writers just threw this character in that we’re supposed to suddenly care about, and is an obvious Bryan stand in…but…putting all this aside, my meta brain started doing some research cause, y’know that’s what I do…
Riley is a word that can be used as both a name and an adjective.
First things first going to look at it as a name since it’s how it’s used within the show.
Riley is an alternative spelling to Reilly which is an anglicized version of the Irish Raghallaigh. The meaning of the name Riley (or Reilly/Raghallaigh) is “Valiant”
Valiant - Possessing or showing courage or determination
Of course this isn’t something we, the audience, has seen from him, though I’d say that it probably possesses a bit of courage and determination to keep on pressing on when you’ve been taken as a slave, and most likely beaten/tortured at some point, but still…
We could also agree that he was determined to take out Roan in The Tinder Box, but I wouldn’t call that determination a valiant one. Going off of The Tinder Box episode, though, we do have that moment where Bellamy tells him “Your life was saved for a reason, and this isn’t it.” Now, we could just look at that as a one time thing used to calm Riley down in this situation, but come on guys, this is The 100, we should know better by now. Because of this in connection to the meaning of Riley’s name, I do think that Riley is going to serve a bit more of a purpose in 4B, and we might finally get the answers of ‘Who the fuck is Riley?’ and ‘Why the fuck is he even here?’ This is something I wouldn’t mind seeing, only so long as it doesn’t take anything away from the regular cast/characters (ie. him deciding to sacrifice himself to save everyone instead of someone like Jasper)
As an English Surname the name Riley means “Rye Clearing”
Rye is a plant (grass) that’s grains are often used for animal feed or making things such as cereal or whiskey. —so this would be a connection to Riley being from Farm Station (which slightly makes me wonder if Clarke had Bryan on the list, cause obviously she didn’t have Monty or Riley on it, and these three are the last people we know of from Farm Station…)
Hmm maybe Riley being from Farm Station will have something to do with the whole “life was saved for a reason, and this isn’t it” thing.
Now that I have the meaning of Riley as a name out of the way, I’m going to focus on the meaning of it an adjective.
One meaning of ‘riley’ is Turbid
a. Deficient in clarity or purity
b. characterized by or producing an obscurity of mind or emotions
When we look at these two definitions and their synonyms we can easily link them to Riley in The Tinder Box. His past and feelings/emotions towards Ice Nation are obscuring or clouding his ability to think logically. He isn’t thinking about the possible outcome of a war starting or even of himself winding up dead from one of Echo’s arrows in this situation. All he sees when he sees someone from Ice Nation is his tormentors. So, he becomes the problematic factor that Bellamy has to talk down.
I could very well be wrong, but is it possible that ‘Riley’ in its meaning as an adjective is supposed to be who Riley was, and that the meaning of Riley as a name is who he is supposed to become in 4B?
Now, whether or not the audience will actually care is an entirely different question altogether…
Damn, okay, so we're just going to falsely shit on writers and their efforts because we're whiny little babies who don't understand how to keep our negative comments to ourselves? Sign me the fuck o u t. You do you, little salty moon.
Haters gonna hate hate hate, I will throw shade shade shade
(Btw totally unrelated to the problem, but you know I would have done that guess my name challenge thingie you tagged me in, if I didn’t have my name in my bio lmao)
i’m falling in love with you.
i’m not in love with you yet
i’m not sure when i will be
but the thought crosses my mind
every single day.
all those stupid, mushy songs
scream your name to me now
and i can imagine you singing them
in the car with me.
i imagine dancing with you
to some of them
and you placing a quick kiss
on my forehead while we dance.
your eyes really are like the tenerife sea.
i’m not sure yet, but i think you’re going to turn
a careless man’s careful daughter into a rebel.
this is a state of grace; it is a worthwhile fight.
this is what young and in love looks like.
i can see it now. all those songs
that i thought would never apply to me,
that i would never truly understand…
i just hadn’t heard your name in them yet.
// i never thought i would say this because it’s so damn cheesy, but you are the only exception //
i am literally on my knees begging y’all not to call ur characters shit like “the blond man” or “the blue eyed woman” like you can just use their fuckin name or a pronoun, if I have to read one more thing referring to Bucky as “the brunet” when we all damn well know his name, I’m gonna mcfreakin lose it
I’m gonna say this Lin was qouting something not being a god damned racist and it bothers me that people think that he just out right said it. Also why the hell are people getting all up in fic writers faces like wtf happened man.
~Shay who’s kinda pissed off and doesn’t feel like putting her full first name.
I’m rewatching supernatural and I’m on s1e13 and
Dean has an ex named Cassie
Honestly if I thought that Eric Kripke was a clever enough writer to foreshadow stuff like FOUR SEASONS AWAY, I would 100% believe that this means the writers ship Destiel
I hate those moments when someone labels a fic as gen and doesn’t tag the problematic as fuck ship that they keep alluding to. Like no, okay, I’m here for gen antics like you made it seem like from the damn gen label on it. I don’t care if you think it’s too minor to warn people about. It’s there and just because they’re not kissing doesn’t mean you aren’t writing those characters like they’re dating. Seriously the writer uses the same shipping groups’ interpretation of X and Y like 80% of [that ship]’s usual couple tropes. Ugh. Either they have so much of [ship name] early influence that they just don’t realize those characters don’t act that way in canon, or they ship it and they’re trying to get readers on board with it.
There are a lot of talented writers in this fandom, and most have their own specialty. To find good smut isn’t always easy, but there are a few gems among our writers - when you see heir names you always know that you’re in for some damn good stuff, whether the smut is the purpose of the story or just the cherry on top, and these outstanding people deserve a special shoutout.
(That doesn’t mean there aren’t others, these are just my personal favorites)
Never, ever fall in love with someone who has a common name. Because dear God, it’ll screw you up. You’ll be walking in a mall, minding your business, and hear their beautiful name roll off of someone’s tongue mindlessly. You’ll turn around at a thousand miles per hour hoping to see their face, only to run into a crowd of people with confused expressions. You’ll be watching television, about to doze off, when suddenly that wretched name vibrates through the whole house. You’ll look next to you and all around, but they won’t be there. You’ll even type their name into the search bar just to see it appear all over the screen.
It’ll downright drive you mad. You won’t live a day without seeing or hearing their damned, common name. So don’t you fucking dare fall in love with a Michael or a John or a Robert. If you’re not one to forget or fall out of love with someone very easily, then this will be 100% impossible. I’m telling you right now, it’s the worst decision you could ever make. 10/10 would not recommend.
Things I have learned from Fifty Shades of Grey (part 6/?)
1. This is no longer funny, it’s depressing and it’s annoying the hell out of me. So fair warning that the posts may suffer.
2. What I want for Christmas this year is either a) this book not to have ever been published; b) the Ghost of Christmas past to erase the past week or so from my memory; c) this book not to have ever been published; d) all of the above. Santa, I promise I’ve been good (I almost wrote “a good girl”, but then I remembered and shuddered).
3. “He paces toward me like a panther” - totally visualized this and ended up spitting my coffee. This book has now cost me precious coffee moments.
4. Oy with the “down there” already! (someone please pick up on this reference)
5. Of course Christian is a great dancer. He’s like the perfect man, you know, if you ignore the abusive, manipulative, slightly deranged side of hid. Other than that, A+, top notch.
6. Christian has stolen her panties and she won’t ask for them back. But now she won’t stop monologuing about it and I want to bash my head against several walls.
7. Also, she talks to herself so much. Nobody can hold a conversation with someone and at the same time think about so many other things. Nope. No way.
8. “I rub my wrists reflexively - thin strips of plastic will do that to a girl”. Ya don’t say? The Darwin Award goes to you, Ana. Magnificent revelation *slow clap*.
9. Ana realizes she wants to be with Christian. Whoop-dee-fucking-do. Collective swoon from the fans of the novel. *sigh* *siiiiiiiiigh*.
10. Mia (Christian’s sister) is the embodiment of Alice Cullen. I bet she’s going to ask Bella Ana to be like sisters, oh em gee!
11. “What is this? Hug Ana week?” Well, Ana, since your…um…significant other likes to beat and “play” with you, I think you deserve a few hugs. Just my two cents.
12. Ana asks herself why Kate is “so antagonistic towards him? What is her problem?” - Kate, as opposed to other people *hint hint wink wink*, can read Christian very well, Ana. Listen to Kate. Share her wisdom. LISTEN TO KATE’S INNER GODDESS.
13. Oh, and now Ana has to run everything by Christian, like a little kid asking for permission, including the fact that she wants to see her mother. Fuck you, Christian. And he has the nerve to be angry about it. Christian is a dick to Ana.
14. “His tone is quiet and deadly” - Run, Ana, run. I hear anywhere else in the world is beautiful this time of year.
15. “Please don’t hit me, I whisper, pleadingly”. Now this, my darlings, is fifty shades of fucked-up. I want to tear this book to pieces and scatter them into the wind. Oh, I want to bury this like Jumanji.
16. Saying no to Christian makes him hot and heavy. This character is more deplorable with every page. He’s currently on top of my most disliked characters ever list. And this is coming from someone who hates Dolores Umbridge with a passion.
17. “This is mine. All mine. Do you understand?” I wish you guys could see the look on my face, which is a mixture of disgusted and what the everloving fuck.
18. “Be careful, Ana, he’s so controlling” Kate is the voice of reason and Ana is frankly too damn stupid to understand.
19. “I think I love you”. Shoot me, shoot me now.
20. I changed my mind. Ana’s inner goddess is not on top of my mist disliked characters list. #noregrets
21. Apparently, being adorable for 10% of the time completely makes up for being an ass for the rest 90%. Ana’s logic is astounding.
22. Welcome to another episode of “Christian’s Kinky Ways and how Ana never says no and is turned on by everything this man does”. We hope you enjoy yourselves. *throws self off cliff*
23. Well that was uncomfortable to read.
24. They had a deal that he can spank her if he told her something about himself. After some truly cringeworthy paragraphs that I wish to scrape from my memory with a scalpel, we now know that Christian’s mom was a crack-whore and that she died. That is all. Underwhelming, really. I expected more.
25. If Ana asks herself “what does this mean” one more time, I will pay a writer to write a sequel to this god awful novel and make me a character in it so that I can murder her. And her inner goddess. Any takers?
26. One minute she says she’ll sign the contract, the other that she won’t. Also known as: creating unnecessary tension for lack of a better plot. Swell.
27. Who the hell cleans in a pencil skirt? I mean really. Come on.
28. Oh look, the “let’s have sex on a desj and push everything out of the way” cliche. Typical. I should have seen this coming. I’m actually disappointed in myself.
29. This man carries condoms with him everywhere. I shit you not. He’s like a condom vending machine. The Condom Genie. The Wish-A-Condom Foundation.
30. Ana just called him Mr. Boy Scout. Collective groan from me. Yes. Collective. There were several.
31. This is the weirdest post-sexy times conversation ever. Also, oh look, lack of communication as a plot device. Shocking.