Keep your hair healthy while you grow it out!
Im pretty sure EVERYONE is growing their hair out these days, but it never seems to grow fast enough amiright? Ive been using Aveda products for a few years now and I dont think I could ever go back because nothing feel the same. Aveda is so natural and free of synthetics so your hair isnt coated and weighed down and left feeling unnatural. After using Aveda hair care for some time now, I can immediately tell the difference in my hair if I use something different. With that being said, here are a few things that have been helping my sister and I grow our hair, and make it stronger and healthy between regular trims* :)
Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment ($35.00)
• Part of a four-step restructuring system
• Helps strengthen hair weakened by chemical processes, heat styling and environmental exposure
• Quinoa protein penetrates the hair shaft, working from inside to help strengthen and repair
• Phellodendron and barley seal in moisture
• Castor, jojoba and meadowfoam seed oils smooth hair’s surface
Your hair goes through so much on a daily basis thermal heat, coloring, environmental challenges and so on. I use this about once a week to make sure I get some protein back.
Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil ($27.00)
• 99.9% naturally derived,* with the hydrating power of buriti oil
• Instantly moisturizes hair by 41%**
• Leaves hair soft and full of shine
• Formulated without silicone, so it takes only a few drops to moisturize hair
Buriti oil comes from the buriti tree which literally grows in water. Its called the tree of life. Youre getting all the wet-wellness in your hair! This oil is comparable to Moroccan or argon oil. I like to use this wet or dry, whether I blow dry or not.. Its my go to. You can use it anyway.
Brilliant Damage Control ($18.00)
• For all hair types
• Protects against thermal damage
• Reduces breakage from combing
• Helps protect against UV damage
I actually dont use this one anymore personally. (I use a heat protectant from their smooth infusion line to help soften smooth and tame frizz because thats my personal issue with my hair). BUT this is great for any hair type and it also works as a detangler, not just a heat protecter.
Nature’s Bounty: Hair, Skin, & Nails (apx $17.00)
I dont have fancy bullet points for this one, but this has been recommended to me multiple times and also by 2 licensed nurses. So far I havent had any poor reactions to it. You can read more testimonials on any grocery store that sells it or find more info on their website here
*For most trims (or color services) my sister and I receive, we also get “botanical therapy express treatments” done at (my) Aveda salon. They are more intensive treatment versions of the Damage (and Dry) Remedy masque shown above.