NHL Coach Lingo
- “Day-to-day” = damnit man, I’m a coach not a doctor.
- “Lower body injury” = could be a toe, could be a knee, could be the groin, could be diarrhea.
- “We’re not worried” = we’re losing but I can’t very well say ‘we’re boned’ on TV.
- When asked how they plan on scoring: “uh, you know, we’re just gonna hockey harder than the other team and hope hockey happens. We can play hockey but we need to play hockier hockey.”
- “We lost because we didn’t score” = I’m literally only here so I won’t get fined.
- “We lost but there’s another game so we just have to play” = boys are bag skating tomorrow, nothing but bag skating.
- After getting interviewed by Pierre McGuire: “I would love to stuff that mic up your nose.”
- “We just need to bring our A game” = I’m literally just gonna be praying to the hockey God’s the whole game.