The best fucking mac and cheese thats also healthy and vegan what?
1 cup peeled and diced potatoes
¼ cup diced carrots
1/3 cup diced onion
¾ cup water from the boiled vegetables
½ cup cashews (nut free alternative: 1/3 cup coconut cream+ 2 tbsp tahini)
¼ plant milk (almond, soy, rice, just pick your favourite)
2 tbsp nutritional yeast (you can leave this out but the cheese sauce won’t taste v cheesy)
1 tbsp lemon juice
½- 1 tsp salt
Boil the veggies and the cashews (it will make them easier to blend) until the veggies are soft. Save ¾ of the boiled vegetable water, and add it into the blender along with all the other ingredients. Blend until smooth, adjust seasoning (I would recommend adding in pepper, garlic powder, and a little cayenne). Serve over macaroni and enjoy! I serve this with some steamed broccoli to balance the meal out.
This is my recipe for Ratatouille Pasta that’s bomb as hell and I eat it by the bucket load. It takes about 30 mins.
•Bunch of cherry tomatoes
•Zucchini and/or Eggplant
•Dried Mixed herbs
•Balsamic vinegar/whatever vinegar you have on hand
•Garlic in whatever form
•Chilli/red pepper flakes if you want heat
•Fresh herbs if you have them like thyme, oregano, basil
•Parmesan or Yeast Flakes to make it vegan
1. Oven goes on at 220C/425F
2. Toss cherry tomatoes with a couple tablespoons of oil, salt and pepper and stick in the oven in a small dish
3. Chop up zucchini, eggplant, peppers and onion into cubes and toss with ¼ cup oil, 2 tsb vinegar, a couple cloves of garlic, herbs, salt, pepper and chilli if you want. I like my flavours hella strong so I go overboard always. Chuck in the oven on a tray, single layered
4. Cook up some pasta & save a little cup of pasta water
5. Toss the vegetables after 20 mins and put them back in for another 10-15 until they’re golden and delicious looking
6. Pour cherry tomatoes which should be all blistered and juicy and beautiful into drained pasta, and add a dash of pasta water to create a sauce. Add roasted vegetables and toss.
7. Add any extras on top like fresh herbs, parmesan or yeast flakes etc. Go wild with the salt and pepper if you fancy. Et voila!
It happens. It’s 4 PM and you’re PMSing hard. You’ve done dynamite all day, have an itch you want to scratch, but don’t want to drop a bomb down a well. It’s OK. This pudding is dairy free, high in iron, high in calcium, and can be sugar-free if you prefer that. It feels and tastes every bit like pudding while being a bit lighter than your store-bought counterpart.
3 TBSP cornstarch (curious to try arrowroot powder)
2 TBSP water
1 ½ cups almond milk
3 TBSP dark cocoa powder
¼ cup sweetener (I used stevia)
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp espresso powder
Directions: Dissolve cornstarch in water. In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients including the cornstarch slurry and stir frequently until it begins to bubble. Reduce the heat to low and continue stirring until it begins to thicken. Let it cool for a few minutes before transferring to the fridge and letting it cool and thicken more. Split with a friend or keep it all to yourself.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Cream the oil and sugar, then add in the vanilla, milk, baking soda and powder, and flour. Stir to make a dough then fold in the chocolate chips. Roll into tbsp sized balls then bake for 7-10 minutes.