Tarsus IV Updated Fic Rec (a hundred in all).
Mostly reboot but there are some original Star Trek fics in here. If there are any mistakes please send me a message. The new stories start at 31 for ABOUT TARSUS IV, 25 for MENTIONS/REFERENCES TO TARSUS IV, 6 for CHRISTOPHER PIKE & JIM KIRK, and 4 for HOSHI SATO & JIM KIRK. There are also two new lists (Tarsus IV at the Academy & Spock on Tarsus.) I also found a fic where Uhura was on Tarsus IV. Hope you enjoy.
Update: Tumblr has a limit on links per post and I surpassed the limit with this post.
ABOUT TARSUS IV.
- The Kids Are (Not) Alright by notfreyja, Straight_Outta_Hobbiton on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: When Jimmy goes to a new colony on Tarsus IV, every thing was supposed to be fine. Good, even. He was supposed to have other kids to play with, become more socialized. Maybe even learn how to live off of a Starship.No one was prepared for the reality.
- Falsified History by SadieYuki on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: According to John Harrison’s bio, he was one of the colonists on Tarsus IV and became one of the Tarsus Nine. Jim knows this isn’t true.
- Starfleet academy finds out Jim Kirk was on Tarsus IV by CharactersSecretsExposed on fanfiction.net. Rated K+. Summary: Kirk and the other cadets go into the forest as an assignment to reproduce the events of Tarsus IV and test their survival ability. Afterwards, Kirk’s class continue studying Tarsus IV and a survivor is invited to talk to the students. Kirk’s past is revealed and he returns to the academy after a brief hiatus. New evidence arises that suggests Kodos is still alive and Earthside.
- Recognition by JadeMac2442 on fanfiction.net. Rated Teen. Summary: Post Tarsus IV, Riley get assigned to the Enterprise. He hasn’t forgotten the color of those eyes. A Conscience of the King Prequel.
- Arena by whatshouldntbe on livejournal. Rated R. Summary: During the last six months of her first year into her captaincy, Jim Kirk is forced to revist her dark past when a rumor surfaces around the ship concerning the suspected whereabouts of Governor Kodos. (This is part three of the What Shouldn’t Be series. The previous two parts mentioned Tarsus IV but this part is about Tarsus IV.)
- The Line Between Giving Up and Giving In by rayrae118 on fanfiction.net. Rated Teen. It was an old nightmare, suppressed for years; because what good did it do to dwell on the past? It wouldn’t change anything. Until one day, it wasn’t the past anymore. The nightmare had come back to life, the monster had come out of the closet, and he’ll need his friends, now, more than ever before. Tarsus warnings apply.
- A face from long ago by silver-thyla on tumblr. General.
- Five Vulcans Jim Met, One He Kept by surrenderdammit on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. (Link takes you to chapter two where Jim is on Tarsus with T'Pring.)
- Haven by JadeMac2442 on fanfiction.net. Rated Teen. Summary: AU. Christopher Pike is on the crew of the ship that relieves Tarsus IV. He finds a young orphan Jim Kirk in a cell, and decides to adopt him. Very dark at first. READ the WARNINGS.
- The World May Never Know by SadieYuki on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: How many lies does it take to get to the center of a Jim Kirk? Or, five times Jim Kirk hid the truth from Leonard McCoy, and one time he finally opened up.
- one acquainted with the night by contrarian on archiveofourown. Rated General Audiences. Summary: Shutting the door carefully, she listened to the dull sounds of dry heaving from the small en suite. A toilet flush. Silence.Gaila wasn’t about to intrude on his privacy. She hated to be vulnerable herself, and she always got the sense that she and Kirk were kindred spirits, in their own way. It would feel worse to leave him to sickness or misery, though, so she padded over to the closed bathroom door.“It’s just me, Gaila. Are you okay?“
- You Don’t Have To (Say Yes) by luminousbeings on archiveofourown. Rated Mature. Summary: The abridged sexual history of James Tiberius Kirk.Or, Jim’s varyingly unhealthy idea of what sex is supposed to be (a it-gets-worse-before-it-gets-better story) (Warning: This fic is beautiful dark.)
- Words of Revolution by infiniteworld8 on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: Kirk’s worst memory. A class assignment of ethics and morality dredges up memories from years ago, that he’s done his best to forget. The horror of Tarsus IV threatens to overwhelm him as he struggles to keep his past a secret from his friends. (Part one of a series. The series is Words of Revolution , Alternate Ending (The Janus Directive) and deleted scenes.)
- The Janus Directive by infiniteworld8 on archiveofourown. Rated Mature. Summary: Kirk finally let’s people know he’s one of the Tarsus Nine. But is having the truth known really a good thing? Pandora’s box has been opened and there’s no closing it and what will come to light will rock the Federation and Starfleet at their core. (I have yet to read this part of the series though I’ve read part one & three. This is part two of the series Words of Revolution , Alternate Ending (The Janus Directive) and deleted scenes.)
- Memory by zhen123 on fanfiction.net. Rated M. Summary: The members of the Enterprise are forced to endure their worst nightmares. The Bridge crew comes together to discuss their experiences, and Jim tries to play it off with humor. However, he was affected worse than he lets on. slash.
- Quirks by SpiritBearr on fanfiction.net. Rated Teen. Summary: Tarsus was many years ago. Sometimes that doesn’t matter. Bones wonders why he didn’t see it before. Jim just wants to be left alone.
- Imaginary Numbers by Isa_Iadel on archiveofourown. Rated Mature. Summary: There were those who understood men like Governor Kodos well enough to know what was coming and they made plans. But how long can they survive when the Federation doesn’t believe the rumors of famine and genocide?
- UNDER ORDERS by Ann Harrington but was submitted by califmole on livejournal. Rated Gen. Summary: Knowing is only half the battle. (Pike finds out about Kirk being on Tarsus IV. Definitely worth reading.)
- Fractured Lives: A Place Called Tarsus IV by Rakuyou_Tenshi (Citrus_Luver) on archiveofourown. Rated Mature. Summary: Even at a young age, Jim had known he was different, but sometimes different is okay. Sometimes different is better. Sometimes different saves you.These are Jim’s early years. The years Jim wishes he could forget, but can’t because he lived and they didn’t. The years that lead to the best thing in his life… even if it’s fleeting.These are the before, during and after Tarsus years.
- Green by WingedQuill on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: Jim isn’t the only person on the Enterprise with an altered childhood.
Spock struggles with three things: emotions, humanity, and food.
S'chn T'gai just tries to survive. (Spock is on Tarsus.)
- Cor Aut Mors by mischief_afoot on livejournal. Rated R. Summary: There is nothing left; all the avenues they’ve tried to restore the land to fertility have failed. (Another Spock on Tarsus fic that features Jim who is Betazoid. Warning: Dark but worth reading because of the ending.)
- Tarsus IV by princess Naphatarie on fanfiction.net. Rated K. Summary: A KirkSpock or Kirk & Spock fic right after Conscience of the King.
- Brutality by BonesOfBirdWings on fanfiction.net. Rated Teen. Summary: Khan isn’t the only brutal one. After all, Kirk didn’t see Khan on the dying fields of Tarsus IV, did he? (Warnings: Some violence, and a little squicky. The Horror genre is there for a reason.)
- A Moment on Tarsus IV by To.The.Hilt on fanfiction.net. Rated K+. Summary: The anniversary of the Tarsus Massacre rolls around. Kirk tries to forget what day it is, Spock and McCoy refuse to. Discoveries are made about the event that shaped Jim Kirk. Kplus for subject matter. Nothing too bad. NON SLASH
- Still in the Game by Moonfairyhime on fanfiction.net. Rated Teen. Summary: I had hoped that, out of all the horrors you have experienced in your life, you would have been spared from Tarsus IV. It pains me deeply, Jim, that you were on Tarsus even in this timeline.
- Faded Pain by Blacktipped Angelwings on fanfiction.net. Rated M. Summary: History class really sucks when you’ve been part of it, and wish you hadn’t. How does Jim Kirk handle an assignment on Tarsus IV when all he ever wanted was to forget? Tarsus warnings. Also, remember trekkies, this is not the same Tarsus IV as the original series. This Kodos is not a man who thought he was doing what was best.
- Ni'Var by WerewolvesAreReal on archiveofourown. Rated
General Audiences. Summary: Humans have daemons. Vulcans have katras. Spock, born of both, has neither. Which he’s fine with. Really. Meanwhile, James Kirk is a little curious about this whole daemon business, because how the hell can he have two souls - ?
- The Stars Shine On by FyreFlyte on fanfiction.net. Rated Teen. Summary: For Jim Kirk, the scars of Tarsus IV won’t ever fully fade. But sometimes a fellow survivor and a few close friends can do more than the psychological counselors ever could. A loosely connected series of oneshots. Part Three: Told from Riley’s POV. A mission gone wrong, a feverish Jim, and an observant Vulcan.
- History by AutumnDawn21 on fanfiction.net. Rated Teen. Summary: He wasn’t supposed to read those books, the ones with the pictures of prisoners from a war long ago. It wasn’t supposed to happen to him, either. Tarsus-fic
- The Once & Future Captain by Turtle_Goose on archiveofourown. Rated Mature. Summary: The crew of the Enterprise is tasked with a classified mission to find a translation device that was developed by Hoshi Sato before her death. The mission takes the Enterprise to the mysterious Tarsus IV, a dead planet that once supported a thriving colony. Concerned about Captain Kirk and Lieutenant Riley’s alarming behavior, the crew delves into Kirk’s old life on Tarsus IV, uncovering the hidden horrors in the planet’s past and finally understanding their Captain in a way they’d never though possible.
- Rebirth by whiteraven1606 on archiveofourown. Rated Mature. Summary: For a prompt at a LiveJournal community st_xi_kink_meme. Promt was: "Somehow, Reaper (who wasn’t McCoy at the time) helps ends Tarsus IV and he meets a young Jim Kirk. He feels the need to protect the kid and he personally takes a sickly Kirk back to Earth, where he leaves him with Pike. Years later, Kirk and McCoy meet on that shuttle, because Pike called Reaper!McCoy and told him Kirk was joining Star Fleet and could use a friend. From the start, Kirk thinks there’s something familiar about McCoy, but it’s not until post events of the movie that the truth comes out. Happy ending for the boys."I AU’d Tarsus IV to suit me and the medical stuff is completely wrong, but served my purposes. Deal with it.Work Text:
- A drabble that has no name by sadieyuki on tumblr. Rated General. Summary: fbexplorer asked: tarsus prompt: Chekov and/or Sulu find out, against Jim’s wishes, how does he react?
- Immutable Things by dogpoet on archiveofourown. Rated Mature. Summary: Spock once told you that the universe is made up of parallel worlds, that every choice you make creates two branches on the crooked line of your life.
- Predetermined by BonesOfBirdWings on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: James T. Kirk always goes to Tarsus IV - because George Kirk can die, Vulcan can be destroyed, and Jim can be resurrected, but Tarsus IV is immutable.OR - An exploration of the fanon fact that Jim always experiences the massacre on Tarsus IV, no matter the universe. (Worth reading.)
- Copernican Theory by sinestrated on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: "Please don’t hurt me,” he whispers. (I loved Winona in this.)
- rhadamanthus by spqr on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: Spock murmurs, “I cannot imagine a universe in which it is not my life’s duty to protect you. You are — “ he has to search for the right words, in Jim’s language. “You are — most dear to me, of all things.”
- Rescue by shoreleave on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: Missing scene from Any Road Will Take You There. Lt. Christopher Pike arrives at Tarsus IV and finds a belligerent, uncommunicative boy who doesn’t want to be rescued.
- Mr. Sensitive by waldorph on archiveofourown. Rated Explicit. Summary: Tarsus IV was a catastrophe of eugenics and desperation, and Jim Kirk was there. (”written for the st_xi_kink meme: anon’s prompt was “I want to see a situation where Kirk is some how left Emotionless and basically acts like a robot, and its up to Spock to try and reawaken the emotions inside of Jim.” And scarlet_pencil’s addition of “Maybe they see something that shocks Kirk into remembering traumatic events from Tarsus IV, which cause him to revert to being emotionless because he can’t really deal with that?”)
- Blue Fields by WerewolvesAreReal on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: In his thirteenth year James Kirk ends up on Tarsus IV with his aunt and uncle. During the famine he takes refuge with a six year-old named Kevin Riley and a young half-Vulcan.
- The Devil’s Defense by wild-springflower on fanfiction.net. Rated K+. Summary: He’d thought he would be in the clear. He’d thought they could finally be done with the hellish topic and move on, but really, when had life ever been so kind? So now Jim was sitting, hands poised over his PAD, wondering just what exactly one could type into a search engine to find compelling arguments defending Governor Kodos’ actions on Tarsus IV. (Academy Era)+
- Ingenious Idiot by Kanae Yuna on fanfiction.net. Rated T. Summary: “The truth is plain and simple: James T. Kirk is a genius, even under the most unfavorable conditions…” A series of one-shots where Jim shows his ingenuity while he’s bleeding, poisoned, or just hurt in some general way.
- Mother of The Nine by SilasSolarius on archiveofourown. Rated Explicit. Summary: There are rumors amongst the Federation about the mother of the nine Tarsus survivors… however when the warp core malfunctions in orbit of the planet instead of in orbit of Qo'nos the Enterprise and her crew find themselves seeing a new side of their captain…and a certain augment finds true love. KHIRK.. TARSUS WARNINGS
- caught in the hands of fate by Caliente on fanfiction.net. Rated K+. Summary: “The death count on Tarsus IV is estimated at over four thousand, although many of the deceased are still being identified.” The tragedy of Tarsus IV as witnessed by Winona and Jim Kirk in a farmhouse in Iowa. (An untold tale from James T. Kirk’s childhood.) –– set during the 2009!film
- Let Me Help by RayShippouUchiha on fanfiction.net. Rated Teen. Summary: Or the five times someone said, “I love you” and the one that meant so much more. Warnings: Implied abuse, rape, Tarsus, and Kirk/Spock
- Kirk and Kevin return to Tarsus IV (requested) by CharactersSecretsExposed on fanfiction.net. Rated K+. Summary: The Enterprise is forced to make port at Tarsus IV after their ship is damaged in a meteorite storm. They encounter old places and old faces. Kevin is welcomed with opened arms but Jim is shunned for his Captaincy. What happens when his past is finally revealed? [Requested by Milkywaysupernova]
- Tarsus IV Rescue and JT’s Return to Earth by CharactersSecretsExposed on fanfiction.net. Rated K+. Summary: Starfleet arrives on Tarsus IV to start the rescue and evacuation of it’s inhabitants. Christopher Pike joins a search party to look for a group of children and is the only one who can inadvertently win over the trust of their teenage leader. Starfleet returns to earth where J.T meets the members of his future Starship crew. Christopher Pike succumbs to his parental side.
- Tectonic Shift by wonderfulwrites on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: Kirk and Uhura finally hash out their differences. Too bad it takes a natural disaster to get them to do it. (Uhura on Tarsus!)
- Intrusion by aewriteon on fanfiction.net. Rated T. Summary: After responding to a routine distress call, Bones, Uhura, and Spock find themselves separated from the Captain. After being questioned by their captors, however, they begin to suspect that all is not as it seems. (Worth reading.)
- And The Band Keeps Playing On by Yum on fanfiction.net. Rated K+. Summary: Jim asked five questions about Tarsus. He received five answers.
- Another Little White Lie by rayrae118 on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: The odds were always stacked against him. From his father’s death, to Tarsus, it seemed like he really couldn’t win. But he wouldn’t be James T. Kirk if he didn’t deliver a great big ‘screw you’ to the universe, and rise above to become the Captain we all know and love.(A must read.)
- Unraveling by AnnaKnitsSpock on archiveofourown. Rated Explicit. Summary: When the Enterprise receives a December assignment to accompany a Federation investigation on Tarsus IV, Jim is forced to confront not only the trauma he experienced there, but also his conflicted feelings about Christmas, his childhood, and his first officer.
- Kirk and the Kobayashi Maru by Jess_S on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: Why Cadet James T. Kirk found the Kobayashi Maru so distasteful that he couldn’t mount an eloquent defense. (Must read.)
- When Hope Is Gone by CatchingCraziness on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: The survivors of Tarsus IV couldn’t bear to be separated from the new family they’d created, so once they were rescued from the death filled planet, they ran away.Or How James T. Kirk, at age fifteen, became a father to eight children.
- Pyrrhic Victories by collapsethelightintoearth on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: It’s funny, Jim thinks, how everyone assumes his rejection of no-win scenarios was fostered by the sacrifice his father made.
- From So Far Away You Journey by alma_gloriosa on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: While attending the funeral of his cousins, ill-fated colonists of Tarsus IV, Leonard McCoy witnesses what he believes to be the abuse of Jim Kirk, the boy who saved their daughter, Lila. When Leonard reports what he saw and discovers that Jim has nowhere else to go, he sets into motion a series of events that will change both his and Jim’s lives forever. (Bones adopts Jim after Tarsus!)
- Odds and Ends by lizzledpink on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: Nobody escapes a tragedy unscathed. Not even Spock.
- she’s the one that they call old whatsername by kaydeefalls on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: "You gotta plant your flag in the dirt and declare victory on your own terms. The winner is whoever survives long enough to write the history books.“ (Always-a-girl!Kirk.) (Worth reading.)
- Atlas by Angel Baby1 on fanfiction.net. Rated M. Summary: Between what was and what will be stands James Tiberius Kirk, in all his fractured patchwork glory. Because saving the Federation was only the beginning. Eventual K/S (Worth Reading.)
- Interspecies Ethics - Tarsus IV by MermAight on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: Big, black holographic letters before a plain white wall. A name seared into his memory like a fresh burn scar that itched, stung and roared when touched, followed by the most bullshitty question he had ever heard, in neat, 20 % transparent letters:TARSUS IV - Were Kodos’ actions defendable?
- Similarities by HappytheExceed on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: AU: Set before the five-year mission in STID. Bones was going through emotional roller coaster. His daughter, Joanna was put through an ordeal similar to the infamous Tarsus IV. Bones had to help young Joanna to come to terms with what she had went through while working on a mission to only realise that his best friend was involved had been through worse than he had imagined.
- The Conscience of the Boy by Rakuyou_Tenshi (Citrus_Luver) on archiveofourown. Rated Teen. Summary: At the academy, Jim "celebrates” the evacuation of Tarsus every year by holing up in the library searching for signs of Kodos in anything. Then, he goes out looking for someone to fuck. He never twigs why it’s Bones he’s always bringing home with him.
- Notes on Tarsus IV by kirk_to_enterpise_15 on archiveofourown. Rated Not Rated. Summary: Spock finds out about Jim’s time on Tarsus…in the classroom.