I’m unofficially giving this post the sub heading: Last but not least
Here are the Official Liebster Award Rules (No Purchase Necessary):
- Post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
11 20 other blogs with fewer than 200 XXXXX followers to nominate and link them to your post.*
- You can’t “tag back” the nominator’s blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster Award post so they can learn more about you and see who you nominated! (N.B. I tried editing the above rule for clarity, but it still doesn’t make any sense to me, so whatevs.)
* I changed the numbers here because I couldn’t stop at 11 blogs. Also, I would disqualify myself and most of the people on my Liebster Award nomination list if the number was 200 followers.
11 Random Things About Me:
- I won a ‘cutest baby award’ in my hometown dressed as a Sailor (my mother has never let me forget it)
- Though I am a user of social networks (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr etc.) I tend not to use them after realising I don’t feel my fleeting thoughts are worth anybody’s time. At the same time, some people write things I really wish I hadn’t read.
- I was once a mascot for my home football (soccer) team Portsmouth Football Club. The player that led me out I hated.
- I was once cried at an episode of Mr. Bean (the ending was so happy I couldn’t help my 9 year old self)
- In order to look tough at school, one break time I walked around the school playground like Terminator, humming the Terminator theme tune. (It didn’t work, I lost friends doing it)
- I performed in a horror movie that got banned in UK (now in USA and Australian bargain bins everywhere! I’m not overly proud of my performance or the film, but I did it…for the love of god please don’t watch it, you’ll regret it)
- Grey is one of my favourite colours (hence the Dads Base layout)
- I do most things using my left arm or leg.
- My favourite band of all time is Hoobastank. I’ve yet to see them in concert (and I really bloody want to)
- Once accidentally signed up to be recruited for the Navy at 14 via a video game.
- One of my dreams is to writer a script with another writer (I know I can write alone, but I’d love to collaborate with someone)
11 Questions for me:
- With the impending end of the world-slash Zombie Apocalypse, what are the three essential items that you will bring with you to your underground bomb shelter? Assuming food and water is already provided in this pre-prepared bunker and my family are there: A pack of cards, map of the world and a sword.
- The New York Times or The Wall Street Journal? I read neither. Being British ruins this a little. I mostly read the tabloids to keep up with current affairs, through a less demeaning perspective
- How did you meet your spouse? I found her on MySpace
- If your kid was the opposite gender of what he or she is, what would his or her name have been? Jessie, we thought Max was a girl all the way until birth.
- Boxers of briefs? Why? Boxers. I used to wear briefs but found boxers comfier as I grew up.
- What was the last great book you read? 21st Century Screenplay by Linda Aronson (my favourite scriptwriting theorist)
- Who is your spouse-approved hall pass? (Mine is Anna Faris)I’ve never truly fancied many celebrities whilst in a relationship. I’m have to compete with McFly, Michael Buble and Russell Kane.
- What is your dream job? Scriptwriter, one with a power agent and on high demand for both film and television.
- What is your dream job for your kid? I want Max to do whatever he wants. However, I have dreamed of him being the first British Quarterback in the NFL.
- What were the circumstances surrounding the last fist fight you were in? I got me and Laura lost coming back from a concert in London.
- You’re walking down the street and you find $10,000 in a bag. It’s unmarked and it would be impossible to track down the owner. What would you do? What if the bag contained $100,000? HOLIDAY TO DISNEYWORLD! If I had more, I’d travel and meet some Dads Base members to have a beer and a chat.
11 Questions from me
1. What was your favourite childhood sweets/ candy?
2. What one quote would you most like to leave the world with?
3. What alternative solution would you have to bring world peace?
4. Most embarrassing thing to ever happen to you?
5. What’s the silliest personal achievement you’re proud of?
6. What national holiday would you most like to never exist?
7. Which dead, famous person from the last 40 years do you wish was still alive today? (So all you Henry VIII fans have to think again)
8. Do you have a food experiment worth sharing? (one that doesn’t exist preferably)
9. If you could create a brand new charity, what would it be?
10. Best christmas present to memory?
11. What’s the best reason to be sat in a bath full of cold baked beans?
Nominees: Lazydad, grumpy-dad, koumeps, bujnik, theramblingark, electradaddy, militarydadblog, ladyneils, mommaofboys, punkdad, i-change-my-username-too-often, ginny-andtonic, thegingerbeard, daddynoob, ilikegooseberries, asimpledad, thedefinitionofmycharacter, sweetpeafairies, hippiefaeriefreak, mywildloves