(1) D. L. Hughley - says black women are “angry all the time”
(2) Stephan A. Smith
(4) Lil Wayne - he “allegedly” said he didn’t want anymore darker children and that they would all be light-skinned if he had any say in it
(5) Ne-Yo - says all the prettiest kids are light skinned
(6) Faizon Love - insulted Black women on twitter
(7) John Mayer - said he is physically incapable of being attracted to black women
(8) A$AP Rocky - says red lipstick and dark skin looks horrible
(9) Tyrese - doesn’t like how they carry their weight
(10) Terrence Howard
(11) Perez Hilton
"I've never met an angrier group of people. Like black women are angry just in general. Angry all the time."-D.L Hughley's attack on black women.
Here we go again…
Another hateful attack on the black woman. Like we don’t face this foolishness on a daily basis.
Okay, yeah its a comedians job to make people laugh…to make light of situations for a chuckle or two…but when you cross a certain line, its a WRAP.
During an interview with NPR’s Michelle Martin last week to promote his new book and upcoming comedy special, Mr. Hughley was asked about his views on women, more specifically black women. And that’s when the ^^ above quote was said.
His full quote reads:
“Well, in her ability to kind of tolerate my– it’s her ability to tolerate me, A) and B) I’ve never met an angrier group of people. Like black women are angry in general. Angry all the time. My assessment, out of, just in my judgment, you either are in charge or they’re in charge, so there’s no kind of day that you get to rest”
As a black woman I take offense to his ignorant commentary on angry black women. Similar to a quote I reblogged sometime this week–the biggest misconception is that black women are angry for no reason! Trust & believe Mr. Hughley and others…there are reasons people cannot even fathom to think or understand!
I’ve always held the notion that black men were the only ones that knew and understood the plight of the black women. I mean we may not be dealing and fighting the same injustices, but we were both fighting the hard battle together.
It’s ignorant comments like this and those who think along these lines that just sadden me.