Roses from my garden today…
- Jude the Obscure, English Rose, still one of the very best of all the roses I’ve ever grown. Exceptional scent, smells of ripe, juicy wine. Wouldn’t be without this rose.
- Eglantyne, English Rose, good scent, but not a rose I’d buy again.
- James Galway, an excellent rose, grows for me in the deep shade of the garden apple tree. Love the ruffles and has a good scent.
- Falstaff, English Rose, not a generous rose, but when it does bloom the size is quite large and the scent is strong old rose. Currently taking on purple shades as bloomed under foliage of a nearby tree.
- Heathcliff, English Rose, an unusually true red rose for an Austin. Good scent.
- Princess Alexandra of Kent, English Rose, I thought this rose was a goner, but left alone in the back of the boarder it’s coming back to life. Good tea scent.