Yoga Pose of the Day: Pigeon Pose
This is a great hip opening stretch and stress reliever for athletes (especially runners, cyclists and triathletes), and people who sit at their desk all day.
- Opens the hip joint
- Lengthens the hip flexor
- Stretches the thighs, gluteals and piriformis muscles
- Extends the groin and psoas
- Helps with urinary disorder
- Stimulates the internal organs
- Increases hip flexibility
- Improves posture, alignment, and overall suppleness
- Lessens or alleviates sciatic pain
- Diminishes lower back pain and stiffness
Try holding the pose on each leg for 5-10 breaths.
Here’s a video demo that will show you how to perform the pose correctly.
Reblog to share.
Follow my blog for more Yoga Poses and Fitness Tips.