So the first set of these is technically not complete yet because Coran, but, headcanons I have developed in the process of writing these:
1. When Shiro was a cadet at the Garrison there was a very memorable incident involving a stomach bug, dubious amounts of caffeine and passing out in front of the entire class. He was filmed. It went viral. It’s long since died down but a certain part of Shiro lives in fear of the idea that someday the team is going to find out about that one time he became a meme.
As a bonus: Lance is actually familiar with the “must be finals week” meme (it goes around local sources on rare occasions, usually, well, around finals week) but doesn’t know that guy is Shiro.
Lance is, by a long margin, the best swimmer on the team. Guy’s terrifying. You’d think mister daunting physical specimen Shiro would give him a run for his money- and even down an arm and dragging a heavy prosthetic he does pretty good- but Lance has five years of holding down a summer job as a lifeguard, he could swim across a lake and back in a day for kicks.
If asked he’ll totally insist that he took the job to spend time around cute girls in swimsuits but if you don’t think every second of that CPR and first aid training has stuck with him or that he doesn’t take that dead serious, you’re wrong.
(On a related topic, he wanted to be a professional mermaid when he was a kid. Every costume-related thing ever in his childhood, he would dress as a mermaid. without fail.)
3. Keith actually does have a noticeable drawl but only on very certain words and phrases and it comes and goes. It’s virtually never there and attempts to point it out don’t work because Keith is oblivious he’s actually doing anything.
(”If y’all’d’ve listened to me in the first place-” “‘y’all’d’ve?’” “I said if you had listened to me in the first place”)
4. Pidge is actually pretty nice when it comes to video games, she’ll cut you some slack if you’re having a hard time even though she’ll also joke about it. Matt Holt, though. In this single area of his life Matt Holt takes no prisoners. He’ll talk about it like it’s all in good fun and there is nothing competitive here as he selects Rainbow Road for the third time.
5. If you’re Hunk’s friend, he fully intends to avenge you if anything happens. Sometimes, he will mention this. Most of the team takes this as a joke. Lance knows better.
6. Nobody is really surprised by the revelation that Allura is shredded and Altean clothing tends to be very modest. They are, however, generally surprised by the revelation that Coran is shredded.
7. Allura can sing. I don’t mean this as cute rom-com “oh, wow, you have a pretty voice” I mean, if you’ve ever seen that vine with “I don’t trust this they’re probably sirens”- that’s Allura. First time someone hears it, it’s Lance, he doesn’t see her, and he’s concerned the Castle is haunted again. It doesn’t help that certain rooms have absolutely great acoustics and Allura is very aware of this.
Sometimes the mice try to sing accompaniment which doesn’t tend to go that well, not because the mice are bad, but because it’s too cute for Allura to deal with. Years of choral training did not prepare her for tiny precious babies with chirpy little voices.