Any ideas for a pirate x mermaid plot?
- “The last thing I remember is falling overboard, but I just woke up on an abandoned beach with a merperson cradling my head. Definitely a strange thing to wake up to.” AU
- Character A is a pirate that frequently travels through dangerous waters, so they’ve employed the help of Character B, a merperson, to guide their ship through dangerous waters. In return, Character A gives Character B foreign shells/stories of Character A’s travels/beautiful jewelry/etc.
- While taking a break from pirating, Character A likes to relax on their secret beach and relax with their best friend/casual lover, Character B the merperson. Cue lots of cute situations like Character B decorating Character A’s hair with shells and braids, and Character A telling Character B about all of their adventures.
- “I love you, however, do not start kissing my neck with those needle teeth. I’m not in the mood for that.” AU
- Character A is a pirate with an immense fear of water, and one day after falling off of their ship, they’re rescued by Character B, a merpeople. Character B then goes on to teach Character A how to swim.
- “How about this as a trade? You visit me personally, bring me jewelry and other nice things, flatter me with compliments, and then maybe I’ll grant you access to cross my waters. Sound good, pirate?” AU
- While collecting fish with other merpeople, Character A accidentally runs straight into a human net and is hauled aboard a pirate ship. Taken captive as a “rare oddity”, Character A is utterly miserable with their new life. Character B works on the ship and is responsible for keeping Character A alive.