An elf maiden dances on feet of living wood sung into shape, planted in soil and watered when she takes them off. Every year she plants the old ones and sings a new pair. (Incidentally, the pair of peach saplings from three years ago have produced an excellent crop- She makes preserves from them, and despite the inevitable jokes about “toe-jam”, they are appreciated.)
A dwarf king has a metal fist, all tiny gears and fine wires, kept wound by a mischievous mine-spirit bound to the spring as punishment- the more it struggles, the tighter the spring.
An orc chieftaness is regularly asked for the story of how she earned the name Wyrmthrottler- she boasts of how she strangled the dragon that ate her arm, and had her shaman make a new arm from its bones, with its fangs as the fingers.
A necromancer simply re-attached his old leg bones- Sacrificing a few mice each day keeps it going.
A pirate captain lost her arm to a shark attack: a passing selkie saved her, and gave her tattoos of kraken blood. Now she has an arm made of salt-water, that grows and wanes with the tides, and swings a cutlass as well as the original. (She doesn’t sail as far these days though: she doesn’t want her wife to worry.)
A wandering swordsman was broken at the waist- his ancestral armour allows him to walk again, as long as he keeps it polished, and burns incense to the ancestors regularly.
A high priestess has an eye made from a crystal ball- to predict the future, all she has to do is wink.
A bard was struck deaf by illness- he struck a deal with the god of music. Now he wears hearing-trumpets made from his old pipes, and dedicates his every song to the god of music- the better he plays, the better his hearing. (It is said his music could make statues weep, and he can hear a mouse fart at 60 paces.)
A princess has the arm of a golem, enchanted clay with mystic words carved in- her music tutor despairs of how her harp playing has become even worse, but her calligraphy tutor is ecstatic over her handwriting.
A goblin pickpocket has an arm made of whatever he steals- no-one feels his fingers, and even if they did, they couldn’t find their possessions amongst all the rest.
A witch has eyes made from shadow and starlight, given to her in a game with a demon. Nobody dares to ask what she wagered- they aren’t even sure she won.
A warg was born deaf and blind- his people learned of his power when the nearest birds started staring at them, and dogs pricked up their ears as he walked past.
We all know how Draco and Harry get when paired together in Potions. Well, I want to see them get paired together in Divination. Their foretelling mainly consists of them competing in who will divine a more gruesome death to the other.
Trelawney is so impressed by their clairvoyance that they remain partnered for the rest of the year.
1. Questions - transcending illusions requires you to question them. Illusions are beliefs we give our power to, they are designed to keep us living through the ego - which keeps our vibrations at a low level. When we question our reality & what we think we know - then we have the potential to transcend illusions, which raises our frequency. It’s like lifting a veil that’s been tightly fitted since birth, keep in mind that this will take time and there are many layers to every illusion.
2. Love - build your life around what you enjoy. Surrounding ourselves with the people, places and things we love will help us move into the love vibration - which is the highest vibrational state. When we’re doing what we love with the people we love our vibration will increase, the opposite is true when we surround ourselves with things we hate - our vibration will remain at a lower frequency.
3. Breath - your signal to the universe. When we take long, deep breaths we are sending a signal to the universe to say “I have an abundance of air” - as opposed to short, sharp breaths that send out a signal of lack. Having the mindset of abundance raises our vibrational frequency - attracting more abundance to us in other areas of our lives.
4. Food - love your body. The body is our vessel & when we feed it healthy foods we increase our vibrations because we are showing love to ourselves & the body. Processed foods, sugary drinks and toxic drugs like alcohol are the most common culprits for keeping our vibrations low.
5. Thoughts - how we think determines how we live. To increase our vibration we need to think higher vibrational thoughts - love, peace, abundance - but that can be difficult at times. The best way to think these thoughts is to align our actions with the kind of thoughts we want to create because our actions create our thoughts. It’s a lot easier to think in a higher vibrational way when we’re around the people, places & things we love - so distancing ourselves from negativity is a great way to increase our vibration.
6. Nature - vibe with the planet. Mother nature offers us a higher vibrational environment for us to align ourselves with. Observe how everything behaves in nature and take note of sights, sounds, feelings & smells - make time to relax around some greenery. Breathing in fresh oxygen from the trees is another great way to raise our vibration.
7. Creativity - expression from the soul. We are not our bodies or minds, we are the consciousness that drives the vessel - allow it to express itself creatively to tune into who we truly are and we will notice our vibration increasing. Singing, dancing, painting, drawing & even washing the dishes can all be creative outlets - almost anything can be an opportunity for us to express ourselves creatively and this allows us to enter the love vibration.
8. Knowledge - true wisdom is knowing the extent of one’s own ignorance. When we acknowledge how much we don’t know we move out of ignorance - this opens the possibilities for us to learn more and through this acquisition of knowledge we can raise our vibrational frequency. The pursuit of knowledge lasts our whole lifetimes, but requires us to dissolve the egoic delusion that we are already knowledgable enough. We can liberate our own ignorance with knowledge & patience.
9. Gratitude - give thanks for the good & the bad. Increasing our vibration requires us to acknowledge that there is no such thing as good or bad - with this in mind we can give thanks for every experience because of what they have been sent to teach us. Becoming grateful for everything in our lives is the best hack to increasing our vibration because we move into the abundance mindset and attract more of what we are thankful for. Give thanks for everything you love in life and watch more of it roll in.