What I Thought Being a Witch was Like:
Rituals every full moon, mad divination powers and seeing the future, communing with crystals, one with the energy of the universe, brewing potions and making mad magic
What Being a Witch is Actually Like:
Drawing sigils to pass tests, asking tarot why I'm anxious and it not telling me, research, random spices on random foods, salt everywhere, stuffing leaves into bottles and hoping it works
Obscure-ish Ways to Charge Spells (Mostly Crystals)
Hold onto your crystals, spell jar, or other bit of witchery while watching a film that riles you up emotionally. (personally, I find Lifetime movies to be perfect for this)
If you’re one of those people who meditate before bed (and, like me, fall asleep promptly afterwards), either hold onto your crystals in your palms or keep them in your pajama pockets.
If you work retail (or any other similarly aggravating job), carry or wear a crystal around your neck and focus all your annoyance into it instead of getting fed up. It cooks up a solid frenzy of energy, perfect for a small hex, curse, or otherwise petty spell.
Sing to your spell.
Scream. Just fucking scream at your fucking rocks.
- Cleansed and charged gemstones: Place these next to your chosen plant so they can receive their energies. The crystals can be charged to suit your intent e.g. healing, love, friendship and more. Plants especially love moss agate, but if you don’t have any of this it is also nice to offer a crystal with similar properties to the plant. For example, offer rose quartz to a rosebush as they both have similar energies of healing, love etc.
- A song: You could sing one you know or make up your own. It doesn’t have to be fancy; you can even just hum a simple tune to it.
- Water (kind of obvious). Moonwater or gem elixirs are especially powerful and can be charged with energies you wish to pass to the plant.
- Fertiliser, some compost or new soil.
- Clear debris and weeds around the plant that may interfere with its growth.
- Sigils: Like crystals, they can be used to help the plant grow, heal etc.
- A story. Even just reading a book out loud as you sit near your plant can help you bond.
- A compliment or two, offered mentally or verbally.
- A new pot if the plant is getting to big for its old one. You can even get crafty and paint it using colour magic, sigils and other pretty designs.
- Some pretty stones to place around the base of your plant to decrease evaporation when you water it.
Feel free to add more - I’m just thinking off the top of my head here :)
After doing some research on safe crystals, and how not to cleanse crystals, I stumbled upon some interesting things. So, I decided to cram the research into a list!
During research, I found that a shocking amount of crystals can’t be submerged/cleansed in water because they contain chemicals that will release in water. I also found that I few will disperse and even disintegrate in water!
Crystals to NOT cleanse/make gem water from:
6. Lapis Lazuli
7. Halite (I mean…it IS a salt crystal)
11. Desert Rose (I just found this out and I’m glad I did because I have one!)
13. Talc (just don’t do it)
17. Witherite (just don’t…just don’t)
Instead of cleansing with water, cleanse these in the sunlight (check my post about which crystals fade in the sun), Moonlight (always safe, haha), Earth, or just general energy!
Tagged with- #crystal grimoire