Hi! Can I request a Headcannon of how the RFA (+ V and Unknown) will react to the fact that MC was on vacaction there (Korea, I think is everything happens) when all happen and now they have to return to their country because they're a student and the semester is about to start? You're awosme!
(there have been some pretty similar scenarios, but this one is certain MC will go back, so it’s a bit different from the rest!)
- he’s so distressed
- on one hand, he’s absolutely terrified of long distance relationships
- mostly because he’s super affectionate and sometimes even clingy
- and he’s scared MC will get bored of him
- but on the other hand he understands the importance of going back
- the thought of him holding back MC is
- he knows how hard it is to get into Uni, and how hard it is to keep up with it
- he is mortified but he encourages MC to go
- he doesn’t end up being as bad in long distance relationships?
- he constantly misses MC, misses them a lot- he wants to hug! he wants to see them in real life!
- but he knows that it’s for the best that they’re in America
- he saves up so he can go to America on his break
- it’s a bit like a blow to the stomach:
- at first it hurts terribly
- she’s shocked, and almost hurt- she feels like she might crumble down
- she built so much with MC, a friendship that evolved to a relationship that is the happiest thing that has happened to her
- and now they have to leave
- it hurts, it makes her cry a bit, and it doesn’t feel good
- then, she has to lay down and rest for a bit
- so alright, MC has to go, she needs to accept that
- no roundabouts, no exeptions
- the more she thinks about it, it starts hurting a bit less
- with how close she and MC are… this will surely… not be so bad, right?
- and afte a while, she stands up again
- MC is leaving. okay, she’ll have to find a way to spend as much time as possible with them
- make the most of their time in Korea, and make sure they understand she’ll love them even overseas
- she absolutely destroys the idea of MC dropping out for her
- she’s not worth leaving Uni for- she wants MC to pursue their dreams and if they need university for that, she’d hate to think of them dropping out over a relationship
- timezones aren’t a problem for her- she hardly sleeps anyways (thanks jumin) so she can simply call when it’s a reasonable hour for MC, even if it’s horribly late in Korea
- if Yoosung is cuddly, this man is just a thousand times that
- at first the idea of not being able to just… see MC in person is heartbreaking
- he doesn’t let that make MC worry for their relationship, though
- he hasn’t done long-distance dating before, leave alone overseas long-distance relationships
- but hey, video calls exist, right? he can always call MC and see their face, and they can see his face too
- it’ll be like being there in person, right?
- at first it’s though on him, because this is certainly not the relationship he’d dreamed of
- it’s certainly not bad at all!
- it’s just different
- whenever the media says he’s single he wants to physically fight the human representation of media sources
- no!!! his lover is abroad asshats!!! you’re lucky MC can’t see this in american television and feel bad because if not you’d be catching THESE HANDS!!
- this is not as planned, this is not as planned, this is Not As Planned
- a lot of wine that evening
- seriously, a lot of wine
- he has a lot of money- but not even he can make an entire University just
- move to korea
- and that’s the worst part
- he can’t do anything about it
- he, Jumin Han, who thought there’d be nothing too hard- that he could fix the troubles with his skills or his money, can’t do anything about this
- for a moment, an unnerving thought may cross his mind- if MC stayed in his penthouse-
- no, no, he’d never to that, he’d never, forget about that, it’s not correct, forget about it
- Jumin isn’t the most used to video calling apart from video conferences- but thanks to MC, he learns how to call them and how to take their calls
- he worries about the stress this will put on Elizabeth 3rd, because that cat loves MC as much as she loves Jumin- will it hurt Elizabeth as much as it will hurt him to not have MC around?
- since he can’t buy MC things in person, he asks MC to make an amazon wishlist or something similar where he tends to buy a lot of stuff for MC when he feels down and wants to make them smile
- that feel when you fall in love, deny it, push them away, end up accepting them and it ends up they have to leave the country for university
- that’s… not very relatable, huh
- he wants to say he’s ok
- god he wants to act like this is no big deal
- but can he? after he decided to finally openly love MC, to leave his past work behind…
- can he?
- MC’s love will be with him and he’ll love MC, even if oceans separate them- of that he’s sure
- but will it seriously be ok?
- how can he know MC is safe if they’re on another country?
- can he even rest knowing MC might be in danger, even if just slightly?
- he almost shuts himself off from the world with these thoughts in mind
- he has to stop himself from doing that
- it really takes a while before he can fully accept it
nothing is stopping him from hacking the college’s security cameras to check up on MC
- bad bad bad BAD BAD
- he thought he was over it
- but just
- MC overseas
- far away
- leaving him behind
- how is he even supposed to do this?
- MC says these things- they’ll still be dating! still together! please bear with this for a bit… we can talk everyday!
- it’s all just white noise
- it means nothing
- behind, he’s being left behind, again-
- the stress is almost too much
- it’s almost impossible for him to come to terms with it
- but he tries his best- if this is the only way to go forward, he wants to try
- phonecalls, messages and videocalls are multiple times per day
- he needs to talk to MC, to make sure they’re still here, that they haven’t left him, that they love him
- as a more traditional romantic, it seems like it would be an inconvenience
- but this man would be willing to walk into hell for MC
- it’s a bit sad to think he won’t be able to take pictures of MC as they wake up in the morning, or take them out on dates
- and it’s also saddening to him that he’ll only hear their voice distorted through the phone for a time now
- but it’s not the worst
- he’s been through worse before
- he tries to focus on the time lying ahead on the future instead of what will happen after MC leaves
- he starts planning for MC’s next vacation, telling them all his plans and the photos he plans on taking, about how he’ll take them to their favourite restaurant
- he feels like the house is empty, without the sound of MC’s casual activities present, but he never mentions it out of fear that it’d make MC feel guilty for leaving