I discovered that @skygemspeaks wrote a prompt for a YOI Royal/Bodyguard AU and got inspired… . a lot. So I ended up drawing some art for it and I also added my own spin on top of it all. This plot bunny has festered and now there’s no turning back, so expect more content about this au from me on a later date.
Sidenote: How do you outfit oh my god
Adding some more info about my spin on Yu-topia’s Prince Yuuri Katsuki.
- Yu-Topia’s Prince Yuuri Katsuki Prince Yuuri Katsuki is the second child for Emperor Toshiya Katsuki and Empress Hiroko Katsuki. Crown Princess Mari Katsuki is the heir to the throne while Yuuri is the spare.
- He is perfectly content with that. Being the heir even sounds too stressful. Even though Yuuri is the spare, he by no means spends his days in leisure. Thanks to his tutor, Minako Okukawa, Yu-Topia’s spymaster and special operations trainer, Yuuri honed his skills to become the best combat expert in the country. She also grilled in many forms of dance, primarily ballet.
- Yuuri is proficient in using many weapons. And improvised weapons. He can probably down somebody with a bowl, a stool and a ball of yarn.
- Actually, he has done it before. Minako was impressed.
- People of Yu-Topia all know Prince Katsuki for his grace as he fights, like he is a dancer waltzing across a ballroom rather than fighting across a battlefield.
- Despite his looks, Yuuri is actually not very studious. He doesn’t like spending his time indoors reading. Mari is the bookish one. She likes to read up the history of her kingdom. Meanwhile, Yuuri is a do-er. For him, actions mean far more than words.
- Yuuri is nearsighted and can’t see things far away without his glasses, but he can still work without his glasses. He still can beat the shit out of you without his glasses so don’t think you have the upper hand when he loses them.
- Among the royals, Yuuri has a nickname – The Ice Prince of Yu-Topia - since he is always blunt and standoffish when it comes to social gatherings. People mostly steer clear of him and just admire him from afar.
- “Ice Prince of Yu-Topia” is honestly all a misunderstanding. Yuuri is actually very anxious when it comes to social gatherings and politics. Diplomacy stresses him out too much, so he often stays away from others and says as little as possible to avoid offending people. (Instead it just ends up intimidating them but he doesn’t mean to!)
- He doesn’t interact with any of the nobles or royals. The only reason why he and Phichit are best of friends is because he ran into Phichit outside of the castle and saved his life when they were younger.
- The people of the capital city, Hasetsu, actually see their Ice Prince around a lot. Yuuri likes to sneak into town to help the people out with everyday activities. He is still a little blunt and standoffish, but people can see that their prince really cares for his people since he spends most of his day helping with chores or watching the children.
- Again he is a do-er, he prefers to be out there, helping the people rather than staying in court discussing if policies will or will not benefit everyone in the kingdom. Yuuri picked up the finer workings of trade and accounting while he is out and about in Hasetsu over the years.
- Sometimes when Yuuri gets too stressed out, he goes off on his own through Yu-Topia to cool off. At first it freaked his parents out, but after awhile, they realized Yuuri tends to come back feeling a lot less stressed after a trip (usually to Prince Phichit’s kingdom), so they usually wait anxiously for his return.