Who should we entrust with the care and teaching of our children?
So, let me get this straight.
A teacher, who had performed in porn prior to her teaching career, can be fired for her past conduct because her students and colleagues are hateful whorephobic fucks who couldn’t remember that a sex worker, former or current, is also a human being who deserves respect, with the district superintendent saying that her past experiences in sex work are “incompatible with her responsibilities as a role model for students”…
…but a school counselor who openly says, on the news, that gay kids have no purpose in life unless they un-gay themselves and become straight Christian kids is just “expressing her First Amendment rights,” and so no disciplinary action will be taken.
What the flaming, festering fuck?
Does the school counselor not also have responsibilities as a role model for students? Are gay students not also students for whom this counselor is responsible for being a good role model to? How can she be a good role model for students who she has already told she believes are worthless and without purpose?
How is one’s past history, which would not have been known to the kids she taught at all, if her colleagues hadn’t found her videos and downloaded them onto their phones to share around and show the principal (what a way to treat a colleague, huh?), somehow worse than a recent statement made in a very public forum advocating overt discrimination against a section of the student body for which one is responsible?
Chose at one point in the past to use your body to engage in sex on camera to make money, which you no longer choose to do and have not since becoming an educator? FOREVER IRREDEEMABLE SHOULD NOT EVER BE PERMITTED TO EXIST IN THE PRESENCE OF DELICATE, PRECIOUS, INNOCENT CHILDREN LEST THEIR HEARTS BE TAINTED BY YOUR SLUTTINESS.
While on camera for the local news, say flat out that non-het children are worthless so long as they continue to be non-het? HEY THAT’S HER RIGHT SHE CAN BELIEVE WHAT SHE WANTS THERE’S NO NEED TO DO ANYTHING I’M SURE SHE’LL STILL TREAT THE NON-HET KIDS IN HER CARE WITH THE SAME RESPECT AS THE STRAIGHT KIDS, AND THE NON-HET KIDS WON’T AT ALL BE HUMILIATED OR SHAMED OR OTHERWISE AFFECTED BY HER ASSERTIONS.
This is a truly sickening clusterfuck of misogyny, slut-shaming, whorephobia, homophobia, and Christian supremacy in action. Look at all the messages being sent:
- Once a woman engages in sex work, she is forever worthless and should expect to be thrown aside once any non-sex-work profession she attempts to move into gets wind of her past.
- Women’s sexuality is hot and belongs on-camera, but once a woman has put her sexuality on camera, that’s the only place she belongs and the only thing she should expect to do forever because she has sullied herself for anything else.
- If you find out that someone you work with as an equal was once a sex worker, you are freed from all obligation to treat her with respect, and it’s fine to share around the evidence of her prior career among other colleagues while at work.
- If her effectiveness in the classroom is compromised by the blatant and disgusting disrespect and shaming aimed at her by colleagues and students alike, the solution is not to enforce codes of conduct that require everyone to behave their damn selves, but just to throw her out on her ass instead.
- Advocating discrimination against as many as possibly one in ten of the kids you serve, telling children who are in a high-risk category for self-harm and suicide that they’re worthless and their lives have no purpose, is totally fine, and you’ll be protected from consequences.
- Gay children’s emotional and mental health isn’t worth protecting, and they should be expected to still work with and under the “guidance” of someone who has outright told them they’re worthless, so long as she said it because Jesus.