13 reasons to watch "13 reasons why"
1. Such an important story to tell that happens to teenagers every day all over the world
2. The show does not shy away from important yet difficult to handle topics
3. Self harm, suicide and mental illness are not romanticized which is sadly still often the case in a lot of tv shows
4. The characters are so diverse !!
5. LGBT REPRESENTATION !!
6. The characters are very real, you might hate some of them but still sympathize with them on another level
7. All the important character on the show get actual screentime
8. The show shows how important it is for a school to be involved with their students and to have proper policies and consequences when it comes to bullying and harassment
9. The show really shows how something that seems small can have a major impact one someone’s life and how that can lead them downwards a dark vicious spiral
10. The show doesn’t shy away from the portayal of suic*de and r*pe, not for a schock effect but to show how horrible these acts and their effects afterwards are.(trigger warnings are shown before these particular episodes start!!)
11. The show really excelled in bringing the show to life from page to screen in such a way that you can really relate to these characters even though not all of them are good .
12. 13 reasons why is so different from other shows and stories as it isn’t really a love story or a story that starts sad and end happily ever after but it is instead a story that starts sad and stays sad but is not less if not more intriguing than your average young adult tv show.
13. And lastly 13 reasons why portrays not just the story of one person but the story of a community and how quickly everything within affects one another, it doesn’t just tell a story of bad guys and good guys but of actual people who’ve made both good and bad decisions in their lives.