I couldn’t agree more with Jon Crisp aka Crillmatic. I remember reading another post from a friend of mine and he asked the question, “Really? I’m going to tell my future kids that I fell in love with their mom to ‘I Invented Sex’? Smh.’
While listening to The Foreign Exchange’s “+FE Music: The Reworks” I felt pretty inspired by “Love Songs”. On the song, they ask “what happened to the great love song?” More and more often, songs are about sex and less about love these days. So, I decided to build this mix around their song and share it with you all.
This project was done completely on an iPhone. Mixed, photo and cover art by me using an iPhone. Please share freely and enjoy!
01. Love and Happiness by Al Green
02. Love Is More Than a Wedding Day by Cody ChesnuTT
03. Sweet Love (Nicolay Remix) by Jeanne Jolly
04. Can We Go Back by Ayak & First Man
05. Sensitive by Cleveland & Ahmed
06. Love Space by Tatsuro Yamashita
07. Head Over Heels feat. Coco (Chamade Beat Rework) by Vindahl
08. Liquid Love by Chris Turner
09. Love Songs feat. Focus… & Sy Smith by Phonte
10. Lay You Down by Jose James
11. You Got The Love feat. Gretchen Parlato (Crillmatic Edit) by DJ Center
12. Flow (feat. Maya Azucena) by Sotu The Traveller
13. The One by Jon Phonics
14. Bout You by Rainy Milo
15. Promise In Love by Jose James
16. For Love I Come by Thundercat
17. If This Ain’t Love (Mr. Scruff) by Nicole Willis & The Soul Investigators
18. Soldier of Love by Sade
19. Dusk by SiairaShaw
So check this one out, definitely a quality mix that stays true to its title – songs about love.
And once you’re past that point and ready to get to the good stuff, check out Crillmatic’s "Set the Mood” mix. Haha.