So, because we’ve gotten a few asks recently and it’s Mod Monday, I figured I may as well make a post about my latest tattoo: the Yuri!!! on Ice inspired “Born to make history”.
People have asked me a couple times why I decided to get it and if I was being serious when I jokingly said if my blog got 15k, I’d get a yoi tattoo. I personally wouldn’t get something permanently on my body over a follower count. It was more of a way to treat myself because I planned on getting the tattoo anyway. I like having freedom over my body. I haven’t always had a lot of control and a tattoo is something that can’t be taken away. So yeah, I wouldn’t let Tumblr dictate whether I got ink or not. Lol
So why then? There are actually a lot of reasons I got this and some of them are kinda personal so I’m not going to really get too in depth here. Mostly, it was out of love for the show.
Obviously, the show itself spoke to me. A main character with anxiety and low self esteem? I relate so much, it’s unreal. History Maker, as I’m sure you know, isn’t just a song they threw in at the beginning. (Remember the time they put a song about sex in Black Butler? Yeah, not this anime.) The full song includes lyrics like “I’ve got a feeling it’s never too late” and the whole thing is just really inspiring to me. History Maker beautifully represents the struggle that Yuuri faces. Throughout the show, he learns to love himself. It’s beautiful. How many times am I allowed to say the words “inspiring” and “beautiful” in one paragraph before my blog gets deleted? Eh, one more for good measure: this entire show is beautiful and inspiring… These words are literally how I explain the show to everyone who hasn’t seen it.
Anyway, I went with the line “Born to make history” because it’s a pretty clear nod to the show (among fans) and OP while also being able to stand on its own without context.
I may not like myself now but I’m working on it and having these words on my arm reminds me that it isn’t too late. They give me a reason to keep fighting, just like Yuuri did. I’m so glad that I’m able to wake up and see this tattoo every day and I’m super thankful for all of the nice comments from people. You guys are awesome!
Lets talk about Keemstar’s shit of a video against Jacksepticeye.
Let me break down every point this in that video and explain to you why Keemstar is so terribly wrong.
1. Jack starting the video to defend himself instead of Felix? Bruh. Jack was only defending himself at first because the over dramatic people called him a Nazi sympathizer when taking sides with Felix. He’s plainly explaining that he isn’t a Nazi, and he doesn’t agree with the “jokes” Felix had said in his videos. Hes very entitled to come out and defend himself for false claims cause people are too narrow minded to think as to why Felix’s friends would support him.
2.Jack says Felix’s Nazi jokes are bad, but Keemstar wants to pull up ONE tweet Jack said about Nazi’s. Ok, look here Keemshit, it was 1 tweet, and it was no where near the severity of Felix’s jokes. I mean, IMO, Felix’s first tweet was stupid and not funny anyways, but it made sense how Jack replied to it. Is it a Nazi joke? Kinda, but it wasn’t anti-Semitic in any way and it didn’t offend anyone. Plus Jack never makes anti-Semitic jokes(or any jokes against a group of people), and for this to be the BIGGEST evidence to make your claim, then you truly lost that point. NEXT.
3. Keemstar repeating how much Felix paved the way to Jack’s Youtube success. Yes Felix gave Jack a shout out, yes it helped his channel grow, but in no means should Jack worship and kiss the feet of Felix if and when Felix does something wrong. Jack’s channel is mainly successful because of the work and effort Jack put into it. His personality attracted people and his involvement and love with his fans made them stay. Just because a few people gave his channel some light does not mean if those people fucked up in any way that Jack has to have their back 100%. Jack has his own opinions and his own views, he has a right to disagree with a friend of his for fucks sake.
4. Keemstar losing his shit because Jack sided with Maker and Disney. …Did you not listen to what Jack said in the video? Any company has a RIGHT to drop whoever they want. They are legal to do that. Felix made some very very bad jokes and they didn’t want to support that type of humor. I mean, fuck dude, Pewdiepie is no where Disney/Maker friendly in the first place. Whoop de doo. Now Felix can sign with another company or create his own. Jack was only stating that Maker/Disney are not technically wrong for dropping Felix. What they should of done was talk it out, and the point Jack was making is that yes they are not wrong for dropping Felix, but they are wrong in HOW they dropped him. Big difference. The only reason why Felix was dropped from Maker was because WSJ went to them first and instilled fear of bad image onto them. If you actually thought about what Jack was saying, you’d know he doesn’t agree with how Maker dropped Felix. Do you even think critically Keemstar?
5. Keemstar calling Jack selfish for being upset that Scare Pewdiepie was canceled. oooooooh man you’re just piling on more shit dude. How in the world is that being selfish? He and Felix put in so much work into that season, and it is NOT selfish that hes upset about all of it being wasted time on his end. I mean, fuckin hell dude, don’t you know on Jack’s end of it? He had to record multiple videos in advance and travel over to the site of the recording, and make sure videos went up on time. I don’t see how him expressing his disappointment is selfish when he was a big part in that season. He took a lot a time and effort on it, and for it to do to waste must suck. (I mean, who knows what other opportunities he could of done in that time frame?)
6. Jack a backstabber? Now, here’s how I view the video Jack made. To me, it was well thought out and made. What he said made sense and still showed support to Felix even though he doesn’t agree on Felix’s comedy. I have no idea why Jack would feel how hes naive and or how he sees it differently because people said some things. I just really don’t understand why it is so important to people why Jack has to kiss Felix’s ass and give him a band-aid every time theres a controversy. Just like Jack explained in his video, it is still okay to disagree with a friend and still support them so long as they know their faults. I honestly don’t see where Jack went wrong in his video. People who can’t critically think about the situation just want to jump on and defend whomever without knowing whats truly going on.
There are consequences in your actions, and what Felix did got him what he deserved. Should it have been handled differently? Yes. But he still doesn’t need to be praised and rewarded when he does something wrong. This is Felix’s punishment, and he learned from it. Its a real eye opener for him. Jack doesn’t need to do anything but be a friend, and a true friend tells you when you are wrong. From how I see it, the way Jack thinks is that he sees the problem from all sides, and explaining Maker was thinking from a business point. Jack is a critical thinker who points out things that needed to be understood in the situation. Does he think Maker is right for dropping them? Ethically, no, business wise, yes. It doesn’t mean hes out there taking the side of the money giver to keep him in the safe zone.
People really need to think, and i mean really think about all sides of this situation. To point fingers and blatantly take sides doesn’t make you a better fan.
7. Final thoughts from Keemstar (finally I’m done watching this shit of a video)Clearly dude, nothing you said in this video had any meaning to it. You’re making false claims without any critical thought behind them. You watched the video and made no effort to think how it is on Jack’s end. Making this video was disrespectful and selfish. You say its not for attention or views, but it truly is. If you really wanted to “shine light on the issue media has over Youtube” you’d make a video about WSJ, not Jacksepticeye. You are creating more drama and misconceptions so young naive Pewdiepie fans can go out and attack Jack. You did no good making this video. You have no part between Jack and Felix. This isn’t news, this is your biased opinion to kiss Felix’s ass in hopes for him to buddy you. (which is hilarious cause theres no way you’d make friends with any of them) Seriously, you should be the one deleting this video, not Jack.
I honestly can’t stand how people can just mindlessly go after Jack over this. His video made perfect sense. He doesn’t need to go into full detail when the main view everyone has on this situation has been made in multiple videos already. The only reason why he made that video is because some dumbasses started labeling him as a Nazi sympathizer, and he had to clear that up.
Even though I don’t like being a active part of the fandom, I really wanted to write this up because I care and it royally pisses me off how people dealt with this. It pisses me off even more that the waste of time Keemshit had to make that video that helped NOTHING at all. I couldn’t stand seeing it, because Jack is a good hearted person and a good friend. The public view from his video twisted his words and made him seem like the bad guy.
I mean, at the end of the day, Jack and Felix’s friendship is none of our business and we don’t need to be in the middle of it. Felix knows where Jack stands in all of this and Jack doesn’t need to prove his friendship to anyone except Felix. And like I said, the only reason why the video was made was to clear the false accusations that Jack’s a Nazi sympathizer and put his thought on the issue because it effected him too.
TL;DR YOU CAN STILL BE A GOOD FRIEND AND SUPPORT THEM EVEN WHEN YOUR FRIEND FUCKS UP AND GETS PUNISHED FOR IT AND EEEVEN WHEN THE PUNISHMENT WAS NOT EXECUTED PROPERLY AND KEEMSTAR IS A CUNT FOR MAKING THAT VIDEO (sorry not sorry for my language)
TL;DR pt2 WE SHOULD REALLY BE PUTTING ALL THIS TIME AND ENERGY INTO WSJ INSTEAD OF ALL THIS BULLSHIT.