Tap Tap Fish
* You start with a large rock called a Lonely Corallite. Your job is to make it friends. You start by growing coral then you can buy fish, octopi, dolphins, etc.
* A claw machine game where you win friends for Clawbert. You grab eggs and when they hatch you get cute creatures or coins!!
* A Pokémon game where you play mini games to earn the Alolan forms of the Pokémon at the camp.
* Kind of like candy crush but with Disney characters. They frequently have events when they add new characters into the game. And you can play with individual characters. Each character has its own power.
Monster 1 & 2
* Sesame street books featuring Grover and Elmo. They’re called The Monster at the End of the Book 1 & 2.
Little Broken Robots
* Can be a bit difficult but you fix up robots! You rearrange “wires” till they’re fixed. And each robot has a special diagnosis
* You get to play with a small kitten! You can play with a truck, hide-n-seek, blocks, etc. You can put the kitten to bed and so much more!!
* You play as a koi fish and you eat up dinner kinds of bugs and other fish to create stones to expand your pond!
* You play with, feed, dress up, and raise an egg! And when it hatches, you get a creature based on specific personalities (athletic, girly, nerdy, etc.). There are many different kinds of eggs and each egg produces a different creature per personality.
MY LITTLE PONY: Magic Princess Quests
* You create your own version of Ponyville. You arrange the buildings and decorations as you want. You do small things to achieve goals and earn new ponies.
* You mix together ingredients to get other ingredients and relics!
Pakka Pets Village
* You raise a small pet called a Pakka. Depending on how you raise it, there will be different outcomes. You can mine for gems, mix together foods, go on missions, etc.
* You design your own animal and play games. You can interact with people from across the globe. You can buy pets, clothing, accessories, etc.
* You raise Magikarp by feeding and training them. Then you compete in leagues where the Magikarp jump to see who can jump the highest. You can also earn/buy decorations and Pokémon companions.
* You put out food and toys which attract cats that you can collect! You can also nickname each cat!!
Considering the semi-disaster that was the masking fluid pen here (WHYYYY!) this one finished alright. I might go ahead and say this Aequis custom might be up there in the top 3 for design challenges I’ve done so far.
I mean, at least they look striking, right? Based on a rufous legged owl, but with a touch of my own flair. Watercolors, Caran d'Ache Supracolor pencils, and touches of gouache and gel pen on 140 lb hot press Arches. (With a smidge of suffering in the form of masking fluid failure!)
The island of Strömsö is located in the Tammisaari archipelago where there are as many as 1300 islands. This place has been my home for about 6 weeks and it continues to amaze me with the variety of animals and birds that inhabit it. This young Fallow deer was kind enough to pose for a second before disappearing in the lush flora.
I think drag is such a beautiful rebellious queer artform that meshes so many things that I love about art - performance, makeup, aesthetics, a telling of whatever story you want to tell. It’s something I’ve wanted to do since I was a kid, and quite frankly, did as a kid but I considered it cosplay but looking back, I was totally doing drag.
In its origins, it enabled queer people to live a fantasy they couldn’t live due to the restrictions and prejudice the LGBT+ community faced. It gave homeless queer people an ability to make a buck for food while also feeling beautiful and fabulous. It’s not just getting on stage, and doing a death drop. Yes a lot of it is performance, and nowadays drag is huge because of mainstream tv shows. But it started as a “fuck you” at cisheteronormative standards placed upon queer people, it was always us questioning what gender even meant and breaking down those walls of the gender binary and gender roles. It was always us sharing our own intimate queer experience with our community.
I’m talking about drag as the artform. Naturally, with how big drag is, there are people who will be misogynistic, transphobic, etc but these people do not represent drag or what drag has done for SO many people and certainly 100% go against the founders of the art. I’m really fortunate to be in Miami cause the drag scene down here is so vast in its representation. All shapes, all races, all ethnicities, all gender identities, everything. They embrace with open arms whatever fantasy you want to create and immediately denounce those who try to be racist/transphobic/misogynistic/lesbophobic/biphobic/etc literally any type of prejudice is 100% not tolerated. That’s the drag community I know and the only one I’m ever willing to be a part of.
I started drag because I love theater, and I love costuming. But the draw that I had to drag was different than the draw I have for theater or constructing an outfit. Plays/Musicals don’t fulfill me in the same way Drag does and it’s because of that unique queer experience I mentioned earlier. I don’t see Andro Gin as a role, but as a facet that I couldn’t ordinarily express. I know they look like a creature, and is camp but there’s a lot of realness and truth behind his persona that’s very embedded in who I am as a person. I’m comfortable being AFAB so this isn’t me coming out as trans/nonbinary but I think as queer people there’s always more going on under the surface that’s more complex when it comes to our gender expression than cishetero individuals could understand. The friends and community I’ve gained from this art I’ll cherish forever. Their stories, their fantasy, their talent, has been such a treat to be a part of and cheerlead. And then to have that love reciprocated back? It’s just been an incredible ride.
“I used to live in Arizona, near a mountain sacred to the Native American tribes in the area (Pima/Maricopa). There were a lot of Skinwalker rumors in the area. My friends and I loved camping, and were lucky enough to get permission to use a site near the mountain, along the Salt River for a weekend.
First thing you have to understand is that we were a pretty sheltered group of kids. Didn’t use drugs, and alcohol in moderation. We mostly went out to share creepy stories around the campfire and nerd out for a night or two. We all spent a lot of time in the desert, and were all familiar with the land and wildlife, even the rarer species.
We were sitting around our fire, listening to the river and the animal sounds around us. Crickets, cicadas, birds. The moon was almost full, and the desert was beautiful. Suddenly, everything goes quiet. Just the sound of the river remains, and even that seems spooky. The air grew still, and seemed to get cold. We hear rustling in the undergrowth across from our fire. Out steps a Javelina.
Javelinas are in the pig family, usually a brownish color, biggest ones about the size of a medium sized dog. They’re actually kind of cute. This one wasn’t. It was huge and looked jet black, with glowing red eyes. It paced around a bit, seemed like it was moving around the fire so it could look each one of us in the eye. I have never seen anything look at me like that, and I work with psych patients. Its gaze was cold and searching, like it could see through me.
After what like felt forever, it finally backed up through the undergrowth. The night got warmer, and the normal sounds started up again. We spent the rest of the night very close to the fires, and GTFO’d as soon as the sun rose.
I really want to believe it was just a male Javelina scoping out some territory. But every instinct I have says it wasn’t.”
In a world, six thousand years ago, the time after the Ice Age and before the cultivation of the earth, when Fiore was covered in magnificent trees, a young man and a young woman are running for their lives. Will they find love along the way? / NaLu au, WARNING: smut scene
“There was a chasm
There was a mountain
Even when my lost heart
You spread Your arms out
You laid Your life down for me
Now I’m set free
Now my heart sings”
sliced the gray sky. A terrible thunder followed right after so suddenly that
all the animals on the trees and on the earth trembled terrified and hurried to
hide themselves in their hollows. The branches of the magnificent pines were
now drooping heavily to the ground, as if even they were worried about the
upcoming storm. Above the forest a second lightning flashed between the dark,
threatening clouds, creating the illusion of a furious, snake-like creature,
which was spewing thunders and fire.
figures were racing through the forest as fast as the tall bushes and grasses
were letting them. The figures wore mantled with housings and wide hoods
protected their faces from the raindrops. If someone could look at them right
now he would have thought that they were running from something. And he would
have been right because the two figures were desperately trying to reach one of
their hideouts, which was going to keep them safe from the storm… and from
other terrifying creatures.