From her February 2011 New York talk, Debbie Millman’s:
The Top 10 Things I Wish I Knew When I Graduated College
01. design talent is equivalent to operational excellence.
02. design is not about design.
03. there are two things that are not really about what we think they’re about: money and sex.
04. ideas are easy. strategy is much harder.
05. know what you are talking about.
06. common vocabulary does not equate to common behavior.
07. relentlessly prepare.
08. be aware of artificial harmony.
09. seek out criticism.
10. you need to know how to present.