GUCCI SPRING/SUMMER 2017 Ad Campaign - designer: Alessandro Michele - photographer: Glen Luchford - art director: Christopher Simmonds - models: Daisy C, Doug Payne, Dwight Hoogendijk, Elibeidy Dani, Ellen de Weer, Lina Hoss, Lorens Miklasevics, Nick Fortna, Olof Kallstrom, Tessa Bruinsma, Unia Pakhomova
Inspired by generations of artist, intellectuals, creatives and outsider characters that considered Rome to be their hometown, this campaign is an homage to personalities like Cy Twombly, Mario Schifano and Laura Betti.
Thinx is a brand of underwear for humans that menstruate. Those humans are not necessarily always going to be cisgendered women, as transgender men can, and do, menstruate. With its latest subway campaign, which took over New York’s Union Square station today, the brand has represented exactly that.
“Trans inclusion is something that has been on our radar since the iteration of our Boyshort, which was specifically designed with the trans male menstruating community in mind" Miki Agrawal
“I feel like I still have ambitions but they’re more like creative ambitions. I would love to do the soundtrack to a film—something that I can really challenge myself with. So they’ve definitely shifted. I don’t have that thing where I felt so intense and tangled up about things, which is probably a good thing. It means that you’re not as hung up on world domination. But on the positive side, it means you live quite a peaceful existence.”
1. Ditch the overpriced products and make your own toner using apple cider vinegar and water.
2. Get a gentle cleanser, from brands like Cetaphil, CeraVe, and/or Simple Skincare for example.
3. Use two different towels for your body and for intimate when showering.
4. For soft hydrated skin use baby oil gel after a shower, if you are feeling like you need extra moisture, follow up with a good lotion by Vaseline or Palmer’s Cocoa Butter.
5. Use an oil as a nightly moisturizer, yup, even if you already have oily skin. It helps give you a natural glow and hydrate your skin without being over powering. Some of the best oils are RMS beauty oil, Josie Maran’s Argan Oil, and more on the simpler side: any kind of vitamin E oil.
6. Use sunscreen or a moisturizer with SPF as a daily moisturizer! Even if it’s a cold and dark day. UV intensity is always there and with protection you can prevent and subside acne scars and dark spots, as well as any sun damage to your skin.
7. Use an eye cream to combat dryness under your eyes and also for your makeup (if you wear any) to lay down smoother.
8. Let your boobs and your vagina breathe every now and then. You don’t always need to wear a bra or panties if you’re going to bed, and if you feel most comfortable with them, wear bralettes that aren’t overly tight, and loose cotton panties. Trust me, you’ll feel a bit freer.
9. Buy an at home foot-spa, ConAir has great ones for reasonable prices. Sometimes it’s good just to get home and have some you-time.
10. If drinking water is hard for you, make detox waters! You can google all kinds of recipes from adding simple cucumbers and lemon slices to even getting creative and adding watermelon and berries. It will get you more excited to drink water and also add some flavor if that’s what you need.
11. Massage your scalp. This increases blood flow and in result helps your hair to grow. If your goal is for hair growth, use one of your favorite hair growth products from oils/greased to massage into your hair as you do it. For example (and my favorite): Jamaican Black Castor Oil.
12. If your lips are chapped and it seems like even chapstick and lip balms aren’t having an affect, use a lip scrub and finish off with just a dap vitamin e oil.
13. Eat fruit. If you’re hungry and it’s late at night: eat fruit. If you’re hungry and there’s “no food in the house”: eat fruit. If you’re hungry but pressing on time: eat fruit. EAT FRUIT! EAT FRUIT! EAT FRUIT!
14. Moisturize your eyelashes. I know, it’s something we hardly think about. But we moisturize our hair and skin, think about how little we touch our lashes unless it’s with makeup? Moisturizing your lashes will stimulate growth and maintain its health. Vitamin E oil or a little dap of aloe vera gel would work.
15. TRIM. YOUR. ENDS. Don’t hang on to dead hair or split ends simply for length. Otherwise your hair will just keep breaking where it’s already broken and stay the same length that it is. Healthy hair is “good hair.”
16. If you have oily or acne prone skin use a very gentle but affective form of exfoliation every other day, such as a konjac sponge.
17. Remove makeup with micellar water, it’s super refreshing and will lift every bit of makeup from your face
The hotel I’m staying in for the DC show is called Hotel Hive!
with a Hive Bar
and honeycombed shaped rooms
and a bee elevator
We’ll be doing a meetup for DC members of the bee army at the Hive Bar (and there’s a pizza place inside too). even if you didn’t snag tickets to the show and just want to meet people, come say hi….more details closer to show date!
Genre: awkward shy Jungkook, 100% fluff, the lightest sprinkle of smut, based on this request
Word Count: 6.1k
A/N: AS PROMISED, BEFORE THE END OF THE WEEKEND. So because there was no setting suggested except “dorm,” which to me means uni is involved, I kind of took a little bit a lotta bit of creative liberty. I also added Hobi because… why not? Haha~ Hope you enjoy!!
You stare at the silver, white, and gold fish as they lazily swim around the pillars, a sight that still leaves you with a small prickling feeling at the back of your neck. Although, the more you come here, the less you seem to notice.
Even though you go to school in the middle of a big city, it’s been a while since you’ve actually legitimately gone “out” in the conventional sense of the term. For the past couple years, all you’ve done is vault the turnstiles, sneak onto the train with a group of friends, and ride out to an abandoned, flooded mall. There’s nothing to do except sit, talk, drink, smoke, and watch as a few smart men occasionally come by to feed or collect a sizable portion of the trapped fish. It’s not glamorous, but it rarely costs money and it gives you somewhere to be that’s not your dorm.
Loud laughter draws your attention. You would recognize it anywhere. Jung Hoseok.
You can’t help but smirk as his new girlfriend yelps helplessly, almost slipping on a stray patch of slippery moss. It’s her… second time coming to the mall? If he keeps her around, she’ll get used to it, but by the look on her face, you’re starting to think she might not want to.
Is she prettier than you? You don’t think so. Smarter? Maybe, but judging by the name-brands she’s wearing, probably not. Better in bed? For the two years you’d been together, you’d only slept with Hoseok maybe five or six times due to complicated work and class schedules.
That might be why he chose herover you. Well, this is the third “her” so far, but you can’t ever seem to pinpoint the reason they would be more qualified-
Why are you thinking about this? You should be over him and his ridiculously attractive smile, contagious laugh, and genuinely caring personality. The two of you broke up half a year ago. Okay, he broke up with you and you are still a little put off by it, but he’s a good guy, a great friend. You want to hate how nice he is, but you really can’t.
Alright, confession time. Hoseok was the one who first brought you here and introduced you to your current group of friends, the fifteen or so that make the thirty minute ride to the mall every weekend. You secretly wish this wasn’t the case, namely because it makes you feel like you depend on him. But at this point, what can you do?
You love him, even if it’s no longer in the romantic sense of the term. It’s ridiculous, but you do love Jung-
Alex photographed by Corina Marie for The Wrap (May 18, 2017, West Los Angeles):
“Why hello #Alexander Skarsgård Very scary in #big little lies , totally lovely in person. 📸me #creativedirector @guerin_ad #stylist @jeanneyangstyle #Alexander Skarsgard.” -Corina Marie
“Now on the Site: ‘Big Little Lies’ Star Alexander Skarsgard on Abuse Scenes: ‘Those Days Were Horrible’ (📸: @corinamariephotography/ Creative Director: @guerin_ad) #emmys #thewrap #biglittlelies #emmyquickie.” -TheWrap
Aries: ‘there was an immediately perceptible vitality about her as if the nerves of her body were continually smouldering. She smiled slowly and, walking through her husband as if he were a ghost, shook hands with Tom, looking him flush in the eye.’
Taurus: ‘only the dead dream fought on as the afternoon slipped away, trying to touch what was no longer tangible, struggling unhappily, undespairingly, toward that lost voice across the room.’
Gemini: ‘Her laughter, her gestures, her assertions became more violently affected moment by moment, and as she expanded the room grew smaller around her, until she seemed to be revolving on a noisy, creaking pivot through the smoky air.’
Cancer: ‘I felt a haunting loneliness sometimes, and felt it in others - poor young clerks who loitered in front of windows waiting until it was time for a solitary restaurant dinner - young clerks in the dusk, wasting the most poignant moments of night and life.’
Leo: ‘”Her voice is full of money,” he said suddenly. That was it. I’d never understood before. It was full of money - that was the inexhaustible charm that rose and fell in it, the jingle of it, the cymbal’s song of it… High in a white palace the king’s daughter, the golden girl…’
Virgo: ‘He knew that when he kissed this girl, and forever wed his unutterable visions to her perishable breath, his mind would never romp again like the mind of God.’
Libra: ‘[Daisy] began to ask me questions in her low, thrilling voice. It was the kind of voice that the ear follows up and down, as if each speech is an arrangement of notes that will never be played again.’
Scorpio: ‘She was incurably dishonest. She wasn’t able to endure being at a disadvantage and, given this unwillingness, I suppose she had begun dealing in subterfuges when she was very young in order to keep that cool, insolent smile turned to the world and yet satisfy the demands of her hard, jaunty body.’
Sagittarius: ‘He must have looked up at an unfamiliar sky through frightening leaves and shivered as he found what a grotesque thing a rose is and how raw the sunlight was upon the scarcely created grass. A new world, material without being real, where poor ghosts, breathing dreams like air, drifted fortuitously about…’
Capricorn: ‘Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that’s no matter - tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms further… And one fine morning - So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.’
Aquarius: ‘He had thrown himself into [the dream] with a creative passion, adding to it all the time, decking it out with every bright feather that drifted his way. No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man can store up in his ghostly heart.’
Pisces: ‘For a while these reveries provided an outlet for his imagination; they were a satisfactory hint of the unreality of reality, a promise that the rock of the world was founded securely on a fairy’s wing.’
The Book of Imaginary Beings by Jorge Luis Borges is a compendium of mythological creatures that is not meant to be read all in one go. I’ve been dipping in and out of it for a couple months now, enjoying the absurdist illustrations and the baroque descriptions of each creature.
The book is a little haphazard. Some of Borges’s humor is a bit off, and he can make Orientalist comments that are a bit off-putting. I wish he’d been a bit more creative with how he added his own distinctive voice of mystery to the descriptions and stories of the creatures, but the way he gathered the information was interesting as well. Many of the creatures are classical, Greek, Roman, Egyptian. There were a couple entries I really enjoyed—the phoenix and the Chinese phoenix entries were fascinating, as was the entry on the unicorn. There were a couple creatures I’d never heard of, particularly ones from the travels of Marco Polo, that I loved. One or two of the creatures were descriptions or mini tales by Kafka or C.S. Lewis, and I adored those entries. Overall, it’s a fun addition to any shelf, and a must for collections of Jorge Luis Borges, fictional compendiums, or collections of folklore or mythological creatures, as long as you keep in mind that Borges’s collection is selective according to his own interests.
M: I think we dressed too fancy for someone else’s wedding…
A: Ha, there’s no such thing we look stunning!
A small Alyanette doodle for @larvesta (it won’t let me @ you??) just to say thank-you for being so kind & welcoming your tags make me happy and you and your art are so inspiring I’m honored to be considered your friend.
creative, tired sweatergirl seeking absolute nightmare with boisterous life-changing energy. will understand you in a way most people do not attempt to & will die for you at drop of hat. women/nonbinary only. DO NOT CONTACT IF YOUR NAME IS NORMAL