How to Start a Bullet Journal
Before you Start:
- Find a notebook - It can be any notebook you want. It’s best to start off with one you already have laying around your house. However, some popular brands for notebooks are Moleskine and Leuchtturm 1917.
- Writing Utensils - Again, start off with things you already have. Once you want to continue your bullet journal, invest in the more quality and expensive brands.
- I use a black Faber-Castell PITT artist pen in size S and F and Michael’s recollections multicolored fine liner pens in a 20 pack.
Other than a notebook and a pen, you really don’t need any more supplies.
Starting your Bullet Journal:
- Step 1 - Create an index. This way you will be able to easily find collections and certain pages in your bullet journal.
- Step 2 - Make a Key. You can look on bulletjournal.com for the official bullet journal key or you can make your own! You can make it color coded or just different shapes/symbols.
- Step 3 - Create a future log / monthly calendar. Draw 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, or however many months you want. Write birthdays, major events, or anything extremely important.
- Step 4 - Do whatever you want in your journal. A bullet journal can be organized many different ways. You can include monthly planners, monthly habit trackers, daily to-do lists, collections, and much more!
Start your own bullet journal today!