in answer for you and anon: vanilla in terms of nsfw is like vanilla ice cream (this is my personal comparison). vanilla ice cream is the starter, the one everyone tends to try first, but not nearly the 'best'. it has its own flavor, but seems very basic compared to the many flavors out there. in the same way, straight, female-male sex can seem vanilla compared to the many other forms sex can take. hope this helped a little?
On the one hand
I am afraid. I wear a school ring.
I prick my tender fingers, remember typewriters, carry hammers.
On the other hand
I believe there’s nothing to fear.
I wear a wedding ring. I have pink fingernails.
My skin is soft as vanilla cream.
On the third hand
I wear the rings of crystal and pollen
and the rings the Etruscans fashioned
from feathers, auguries, seeds, and
salts of strange origin:
these rings murmur in the dark,
murmur and click in foreign tongues,
keeping my cold hand awake,
promising pleasures unique as fingerprints,
pains closer to bone than skin.
The fingers of my third hand are green,
they are yellow and green.
Someone gave them to me in a dream
when I was twenty-nine.
With the third hand
I write letters to the world of glass,
letters instantly read and memorized
by missionaries of the light, letters swallowed
by emptiness, letters conveyed by silent messengers
to polar silences. (Somewhere
in other worlds, they are well known).
On the third hand
I play the piano of grass, and looped around cold fingers
I carry the green keys that unlock the door in the oak
behind which my great aunts live smiling
in a parlor lined with glittering samovars:
with the third hand
I turn all the handles, and once again
the ancient tea steams out like rain.
RULES // POST 10 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF AND PASS IT ON 15 PEOPLE
I was tagged by both @jonesyi and @blindvogel, and it seems like a good thing to do for distraction on a Monday!
1) I’m named after the Bionic Woman. I was supposed to be named Susan, but my mom started watching the (original 70s) TV show when she was pregnant, and decided she liked the main character’s name better. So I became Jaime, and my little sister got to be Susan.
2) I collect tarot card decks.
3) New Orleans is my favorite place to visit for vacation.
4) I have strabismus - I am also farsighted and have a slight astigmatism, which really makes it wild that I managed to go for sixteen years (from ages 14 to 31) without wearing glasses at all.
5) My favorite ice cream is vanilla soft serve. Yes, I know I’m boring. I don’t care. I love soft serve.
6) I started getting gray hair when I was 17 years old. At 40, I’d probably be full salt-and-pepper if I let my natural color grow out. Which is why I never let my natural color grow out.
7) I got my very first internet connection 22 years ago this month. Holy shit.
8) I was a hardcore Pepsi devotee up until I switched from regular to diet soda around 10 years ago; now I can’t drink anything but Coke (diet or zero).
9) I never have developed a taste for alcohol. I don’t mind the occasional fruity drink or hard cider, but I like those despite the aftertaste. Mostly, I just don’t drink at all, because it just has never been a priority to develop the taste for it.
10) One of my very favorite things to do is go out to dinner by myself and read a book.