My new cork board, and the little golden bugs who live on it <3
I used a $2 jar of plastic bugs from Kmart, I just hot-glued pushpins to the back and spray painted them gold. Worked really well, they’re sturdy and cute. (Tip: I used washi tape to keep the wings clear!)
Every now and then, magic can fade. In order to keep it strong and healthy, you have to exercise it. Of course there will always be times when something else is more important than your craft, but there is always a little something you can do to keep it going.
-Whisper an incantation over your lil’ cup of tea.
-Pray to your deities as you fall asleep at night.
-Carry a tiny crystal in your pocket.
-Scribble a quick happiness sigil on your arm before school or work.
-Give your pets some treats you have bewitched.
-Recite affirmations when you get ready to go somewhere in the mirror.
-Light a stick of incense while you’re cleaning or just sitting around.
-Add little thoughts to your grimoire.
-Sleep with your tarot cards.
-Play some witchy music.
-Set out a couple jars to collect rain water.
-Cleanse your home while cleaning.
-Set aside at least one day a month to devote entirely to your craft.
Hope all of you guys enjoyed and if you’d like more ideas then feel free to request! In the meantime, have fun and happy bewitching!
☀ Add honey to tea for a boost of energy and as a healthy sweetener.
☀ Use it to wash your face: Add a bit of honey to your face wash for a cleaner, cleared completion. Add lemon juice.
☀ Make a hair mask: Mix honey with a carrier oil of your choice and two whole, raw eggs. Apply to your hair, covering all of your tresses from root to tip. Leave for thirty minutes to an hour. Rinse out with shampoo. You may have to do it more than once to get it all out.
☀ Put over cuts and scrapes to soothe and heal; honey is an anaesthetic, antibacterial, anti-bacterial, and antiviral.
☀ Eat honey in the morning to speed up your metabolism.
☀ Preserve fruit, vegetables, and herbs in honey.
☀ Add honey to the bathtub for soft skin and a soothing, relaxing feeling of mind and body.
Being organized is a wonderful way to find success and just enjoy life more in general. Having a morning routine can start your day off right and keep you running on a full tank of energy. Quite a few of you probably do have an established morning routine, or at least a list of things you do every morning. Regardless of how your morning goes, there are always a few little things you can do to witch-ify your morning.
1. Choose your breakfast based on your intent for the day! Whatever you’re hoping for that day-whether it be for your crush to say hello or a phone call confirming that you got the job-basing your first meal off of your intentions can help bring a little good luck your way. If you’re hoping for something passionate or frustrating or romantic, choose red (make a strawberry smoothie or some toast with strawberry jam). Get creative! Find a way to get in the color black or pink or yellow.
2. Start the day off with a glass of water, then the best part, tea. I say drink water first because that’s extremely important and utterly refreshing. After all of that is taken care of, drink some tea. Try to aim for some more caffeinated tea if you can (to give you an extra shot of energy and productivity). Add in some honey and stir clockwise for a little extra magic. Anything to incorporate some telltale mysticism!
3. Meditate when you get up. Many individuals choose to meditate in the morning. This calms them and helps them focus on what they need to get done that day. It will relieve any stress and anxiety you’re feeling, and most importantly, it’s a very popular Witchcraft tradition. Meditating is known to help with astral projection, as well as seeing auras and getting in touch with your chakras. It doesn’t matter if you only do it for five minutes, as long as you’re getting in some me time.
4. Pop a good ole’ crystal in your purse or pocket! This is one of my favorites. Not only are the options so endless (depending on what you’re hoping for that day), it’s easy and takes no time at all to do. If you’re hurried and in a rush one morning, take the time to just throw a little crystal in with your things. Bonus points if you set it on your phone while it’s charging to cleanse it.
5. Eat your breakfast outside. Getting in some fresh air before your day begins is a super good idea. It will clear your mind and refresh your senses, which will also help with your Witchcraft. Nothing beats listening to the birds while there’s still a bit of mist in the air. Plus, you have food! Good job if the food you’re eating is based on your intent for the day. If you don’t have the time to physically walk outside and sit out there without multitasking for five or more minutes, no worries. Simply pop open a couple of windows and sit by them for a more toned-down experience.
6. Draw sigils on your face with cleanser, lotion, or makeup. Rub them in to activate. This is a really good hack for glamours, as well as just making you look good. However, your sigil doesn’t have to be for your physical appearance. It can pretty much be any sigil at all. As long as you sufficiently activate it and are confident in your workings, things should go smoothly. The best thing about this hack is that you don’t have to wear makeup to do it. Just use your cleanser or some serum. Even water will do!
7. Make some fruit water the night before. Fruit water is especially good for color magic because you can find fruit in basically any color imaginable, even black if you’re willing to search hard enough (blueberries are close enough if you don’t have any other options). The brilliant practicality of fruit water is pretty obvious. It’s wonderfully hydrating, flavorful, healthy, and best of all, magical. Plus, it won’t take up any of your morning time because it’s pre-made.
8. If you have any deities, pray to them when you wake up. Although I personally have no deities, it’s a great idea for those of you who do. It doesn’t even have to be a fancy exchange. Maybe just say good morning or a quick, respectful hello. Or if you’re a fan of multitasking, just have a nice chat with them while doing whatever you need to do. Anything is suitable as long as it isn’t downright rude.
9. Light some candles. Your house will smell good all throughout the day, and it will definitely help to magic-ify the atmosphere. You can also burn incense if that suits your fancy. Whatever smelly-ma-bobber you want to use works fine. It’s quick and easy so it won’t be a hassle, and you’ll leave your home smelling like heaven. Bonus points if you wave a candle or some sage around to clear away any negative energies.
10. Put some dried flowers on your breakfast. My personal favorite is dried lavender, but you can use whatever you prefer. You can pick flowers for any number of purposes, as long as they’re perfectly edible. They can be sprinkled on a smoothie bowl, scattered over some toast with peanut butter and honey, or if you’re up for a challenge, add them to savory foods. The choice is yours!
I hope you guys enjoyed these ideas and if you want more, please just ask! Questions, requests, and suggestions (plus a simple hello) are all welcome. In the meantime, have fun and happy bewitching!
If you are relatively new to Witchcraft, don’t worry. Interpreting tarot cards and even just finding where to get them is a lot simpler than people make it sound. Although you could always go for the complicated, tedious, mystical way of reading tarot cards, you honestly don’t have to. So here is my very, very, VERY long spew of tarot advice. Hope all of you find something helpful in here and if you have any questions at all, just message me!
Tarot cards don’t have to be tarot cards. What? Long story short, what I mean by this is that you don’t actually have to use flat out tarot cards for your divination. All you really have to do is go to a nearby dollar store and pick up a standard deck of playing cards. Yep, it’s that simple. Using them may be a tad bit different from regular tarot cards, but there is no doubt that you will be able to use them as every bit as efficiently as tarot cards.
If you aren’t satisfied with some playing cards, that is perfectly okay. Finding a real deck of tarot cards isn’t that difficult. First look for a nearby pagan store. It can be any kind of pagan store really, because any of them will most likely have some. If you don’t have access to any pagan stores, then you can easily find a deck online. Here are a few good tarot sets:
-Luminous Spirit Tarot Deck by Labyrinthos
-The Wild Unknown Tarot Deck by Kim Krans (available on Urban Outfitters)
-The Prisma Visions Tarot Deck by James R. Eads
-Spirit Speak Tarot Deck by Mary Elizabeth Evans
-Vessel Oracle Tarot Deck
Once you have acquired a decent set (around 35 or more cards), you can begin the process of bonding with your deck. Yes, you could just start right from the get-go, but nothing truly inspirational will begin to happen until you have mastered the personality of your specific deck. By the way, it is perfectly fine to have and use multiple decks, but make sure they are well-equipped for the job.
Moving along, here is my advice on getting to know your deck. Spend time with it. You won’t truly understand how it works and flows until you can understand it’s specifics. Some tips to get to know your cards:
-Play with them. Shuffle the cards, ask a question, and pull out a random card. Just hold the deck in your hands and feel the edges, their texture, their material, how they fold and move.
-Look very closely at their images. What do they depict? What do the pictures mean to you? What do they represent? Focus on the colors, name the shades, figure out which ones are your favorite.
-Breathe in the smell of your cards. What do they smell like? What does the smell remind you of? Is it nostalgic or unfamiliar? Do you like the smell? If you don’t, learn to listen to your cards. Or just spritz some lavender spray on them, or whatever herb you like.
-Sleep next to your deck. This one may sound a little weird at times, but it makes sense. You will fall asleep with your cards in mind, therefore allowing you to mull them over all night long. When you wake up, they’ll be the first thing to greet you, and you’ll be reminded of them yet again.
-Use your cards for basic divination. Start with asking questions, playing little games, and whatnot before you move on. Then, work your way up the scale. Begin predicting little things or feelings you will experience throughout your day, ask more complex questions, and so on. Eventually your cards will age and develop some trusty experience, therefore readying them for more serious and difficult magic.
After bonding with your deck, it is all primed and ready for magic.
Each deck has it’s own personality. Some are tricksters, others are gentle and compliant, while yet others are sassy and temperamental. Some decks are frustrating or angering at first, and that’s okay. Once you bond with your deck over time, you will be able to manipulate it and control it’s wildness. Once you can predict your deck’s next move and determine what it means, you are ready.
What are you ready for? Deep magic, of course. Predicting long-term events, strengthening your magic even further, challenging your mind and soul, and so on. Work your way up the food chain of divination until you can confidently say that you know exactly what you’re doing. Have fun and happy bewitching!