Listen, I found a breathtaking analogy between the story in this book that sits in Sherlocks shelf and his own story. For real! The book describes exactly what happened after Sherlock came back and it’s heartbreaking!!!
Here’s what amazon writes about the book:
The narrative begins on the evening of Guy Fawkes Night as Diggory Venn
is slowly crossing the heath with his van, which is being drawn by
ponies. In his van is a passenger. When darkness falls, the country folk
light bonfires on the surrounding hills, emphasising—not for the last
time—the pagan spirit of the heath and its denizens. (Empty Hearse Analogy!)
Venn is a reddleman; he travels the country supplying farmers with a
red mineral called reddle (dialect term for red ochre) that farmers use
to mark their sheep. Although his trade has stained him red from head to
foot, underneath his devilish colouring he is a handsome, shrewd,
well-meaning young man.
(Sherlocks “trade” as in his work has stained him, he seems unhuman etc. to others. But underneath he’s a warm cinnamon bun who just wants to be with the man he loves).
His passenger is a young woman named Thomasin Yeobright, whom Venn is taking home.
Earlier that day, Thomasin had planned to marry Damon Wildeve, a local
innkeeper known for his fickleness; however, an inconsistency in the
marriage licence delayed the marriage. (The proposal that did! not! happen!)
Thomasin, in distress, ran after the reddleman’s van and asked him to
take her home. Venn himself is in love with Thomasin, and unsuccessfully
wooed her two years before.
(Hmmm..what was two years before TEH and Johns proposal? Right, Sherlock lost John because he had to jump from that stupid roof).
Now, although he believes Wildeve is unworthy of her love, he is so
devoted to her that he is willing to help her secure the man of her
(Yeah, thats basically what happened in TSoT)
Tagging some people because I do not think this is a coincidence! If this has already been pointed out by somebody else, I’m terribily sorry!
1. Every site I’ve visited has a different plot.
2. This is a weird sequel to 21 Jump Street.
3. Why they gonna ruin Raining Men with that remix.
4. Wow. That’s the kid from Beastly and I Am Number 4.
5. I’m glad the sister was supportive, but idk, straight guy probs wrote the script.
6. No one looks happy in this movie. Like they look constipated or angry.
7. They’re really forcing the “romance” between mike and the kids sister
8. I want her to be gay tho…
9. The military dress up thing is weird.
10. I don’t remember ROTC being like this at all
11. The psych major lady deserves better
12. They way they don’t care about a hurricane is the same way I also am
13. Her boobs are obviously fake, her nipples are straight forward. Very fake.
14. More forced heterosexual relationships. I just. Why?
15. Of course the drugs ruin him. He’s a white boy.
16. Moooooore drugs. Dude. What is this.
17. The acting is kinda bad? Like the sister, I just don’t believe any of her shit at all.
18. 17 minutes left, what the fuck.
19. Mikes monologue means nothing. I’m not invested in any of these characters. I have lost all faith.
20. I hope mike fights someone. That’d make this movie better
21. It tried to be a romcom in the last 7 minutes. No. You are not
There is no plot. -19/100