Is Avery Jane's daughter? The actress she will play seems to be quite young, could it be? Or it will only be a coincidence that she will appear in the next episode and Martin said the audience will get to know her first. Unfortunately I think Kurt already knew that Jane had a daughter. I think it's all intertwined.
Replying to all these three together because I guess they’re pretty much in the same ball park.
1. Yes, I do think Avery is Jane’s daughter. That’s the only lead we have so far and it could tie in all the secrets together and how MG has been saying it will be a part of the story this season and how it will affect Jane and Kurt individually and as a couple.
2. The actress playing Avery is 23 in real life, which is code for Hollywood 18, right? So I think in terms of age it could work.
3. As for Avery having a kid? That isn’t 100% confirmed, right? We jus know that that episode was casting for a baby so it could be a flashback to baby Avery or baby pictures of her.
4. Does Roman know? I realize this was not asked here, but someone else mentioned it so I thought I’d bring it up. I think what happened, based on the wording of Rossi’s letter, Shepherd was the one who orchestrated the adoption. I am sure Mama Briggs was not happy her 16 year old went and got knocked up and I can see her going behind Remi’s back and putting the kid up for adoption and then either telling Remi that she lost the child in child birth or being the cold and manipulative woman that she is, she probably told Remi that was to teach her some sort of life lesson? Also, if it is Avery, and she comes from a wealthy family, Shepherd could have planned exactly who the child goes to in order to serve her some purpose in the future - something blackmail-is and manipulative. And as for Roman, pretty sure teenage Roman did not know about the adoption but either learned this after the tattoo/memory wipe plan was put into play or he found out in his own little foray into “material to blackmail my sister and her BFF’s with”.
5. And finally Kurt… I have a shit load of theories about Berlin and his involvement and Avery and what happened (just ask @inmyblindspot she suffered through my ramblings) but do I think he knew? I don’t know… a part of me thinks he didn’t know at the time but then again I look at the synopsis for 306 and that Roman will blackmail Kurt with a secret from Jane’s past, so what if that’s “do this or I tell her you know about her daughter?”
Honestly, I am still struggling with this cliffhanger they slapped up with and I don’t know how I feel about it.
And dammit, WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT BETHANY?!?! KURT WELLER YOU HAVE A DAUGHTER YOU HAVE NOT MENTIONED IN 4 EPISODES WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS YOU IDIOT!?
ETA: Also, MG saying he cannot tell us where her daughter is now makes me think that she’s Avery because if she’s in Berlin then well that will give it all away tho, right?