Hi mango ! Could you share some tips on wearing 2 very different cosplays in the same day at a con ? Like, do you re-do your full make-up between each etc. ? Thanks a lot ! I have to wear 2 costumes in the same day next convention if I want to both do a group cosplay with my friends in the morning and do the mascarade in the evening !
For the past nine years of cosplaying, I’ve done multiple costumes changes a day. After a few experiences at Katsucon this year, I am so over doing multiple costume changes each day, unless it’s into some variation of the same character. It just ain’t worth the 10+ hours of circle lenses or using up that much expensive makeup product. From now on: one costume per day, then a kigu or pajamas (again, unless it’s a casual/PJ version of whatever character I was already cosplaying that day). No more of this multiple-characters-per-day craziness that I’ve done when I was younger, I’m too old for it. x____x
That being said: here’s some advice if you do want to wear multiple costumes a day!
1. Make a schedule for the day and stick to it. Know when you have to be back in the room to change, making sure to account for how long it’ll take you to do so.
2. Unless you’re cosplaying characters with very, very similar looks, you’ll want to fully redo your makeup. It’s tedious and a pain, but it’ll give you the opportunity to wash off any build-up and look fresh for your next character.
3. Have a snack and hydrate before going out for round two. You’ve already been through one costume and likely a few photoshoots by this point. Make sure to replenish your energy with food and drink water while you have the chance!
4. If possible, lay out your second costume before leaving the hotel room in the morning. That way, when you come back, your next costume is already set out and ready to change into without having to hunt for it while tired. (Instead you can use this time to actually, idk, sit down and catch your breath.)
5. Plan to wear the more difficult/physically-taxing costume in the morning. The worst thing (at least, IMO!) is being out all day in a costume then coming back to the room and having to change into full armor or a giant ballgown. With my energy levels, I greatly prefer changing into a more comfortable costume for late afternoon/evening.
I hope some of that helps! As always, if anyone has other tips or bits of advice to offer, feel free to reply or reblog and add to the list! :D
imagine rami malek being forced to advertise for mr. robot season 3 by standing on the side of the street in full elliot costume and dancing all day. whenever someone comes up to him to give him their change he shakes his head and tells them that money is the root of all evil, but if they want to be part of something big they should tune into usa network on wednesdays at 10/9 central
Looking back, I can’t remember the truth. I blew everything out of proportion so I could feel the hurt and betrayal and write about it in vivid detail. It was my own method of torture. My own undoing; and I enjoyed every second of it.