Sonia’s Funky Stripes
2016 is playing with our feelings AGAIN: French fashion designer Sonia Rykiel died yesterday :( So I thought about her signature look: bold funky stripes (mainly for her designs since she always wore black).
So let’s remember her style with these pretty 18th century stripes, and you know for Sonia, the funkier the better.
Images from top:
- Sonia Rykiel.
- Robe à l’anglaise, ca. 1790.
- Black and white striped dress by Fanny Wilk (from blog Temps D’élégance)
- Striped Banyan, 1760s.
- Dress from the movie “Rosa e Cornelia”, Giorgio Treves, 2000.
- Man’s Coat France, ca. 1785, altered circa 1795, LACMA.
- Silk sack back gowns from the Kyoto Costume Institute.
- Costumers Silje Marie and Karl Friedrich Molberg in 1780s fashion.
- Striped coat by Dragos Moldoveanu from Chenilles et Papillons.