Finally, I got to merge my two big hobbies - Medieval/Renaissance reenactment and cosplay. Here’s a very tudor take on my favorite Pixar character to date: WALL-E. Photography by the wonderful Matrix Cosplay and Photography and cosplay by Mink the Satyr.
This is what Tyrael’s wings look like from the back.
A few random facts about the wings -
- In total there are 12 strands of 9.8 foot long LED fairy lights. With 3 batteries each, that gives a total of 36 AA batteries! (Random tip courtesy of my friend ElusiveGreen - even though lithium ion batteries are a bit more expensive, they weigh much less than alkaline batteries and last much longer, making them perfect for costumes and props. I saved 1-2 pounds by using these.)
- The wing harness by itself weighs 14 pounds. With the wings it weighs 26 pounds.
- The wings are detachable, although I need help removing them. The LED strands plug into the battery packs, which stay in the harness.
- The longest wings are 5 feet long.
- The wings are flexible and I can bend them into pretty much any shape I want, within reason.