Waiting to promote ‘Stand By Me’ on Good Morning America in 1986 by Wil Wheaton.
‘’I forgot what day this picture was taken, but it was 1986, right after Stand By Me had been released. There we are, sitting on chairs in the green room, waiting to go be interviewed by (I think) Ron Reagan, Jr. It was my first trip to New York, and I remember how excited I was to go to that huge, almost mythical city, see Times Square, ride the subway, visit the Statue of Liberty, and hang out with Jerry in his home town.
This photo captures our personalities perfectly: River and Corey are focused and serious (Corey is even wearing a tie and drinking coffee!) I am listening to the same person they are, but I’m not even trying to contain how excited I am to be going on a television show that I had been watching with my Aunt Val since I could remember, in front of the whole country, no less.
My favorite part of this picture, though, is Jerry. It’s almost like he caught my mom or dad taking this picture of us, and decided to strike a pose, just to be silly. I just love that he isn’t taking the thing too seriously, and that he’s just having fun and enjoying the whole thing. As I got older and began to feel like the teen magazine publicity stuff was taking over my life, it stopped being fun, and it started to feel like a chore. I always envied that Jerry seemed to take it all in stride, keep it in perspective, and just have fun with it. I heard him on the Adam Carolla podcast about a week or so ago, and he hadn’t changed a bit: still silly, still cracking me up, still keeping everything in perspective.
I’ve always said that Stand By Me was so successful because Rob cast four young actors who were so much like their characters, but I think it’s spooky how the four of us ended up being so much like our characters: River died too young, Corey struggled like crazy to get his personal demons under control, Jerry found success and happiness, and I’m a writer….
So this was Originally meant to be a 2 part series for @wwesmutdonedirtcheap Corey graves Valentines week but I’ve decided to do like 3 or 4 it’s really up to you guys and if you want me to carry this on.
I’ve not spell checked this yet so if you see a mistake let me know so I can fix it
That picture of Corey Taylor wearing Marty's shirt did things to me. My favorite singer liking one of my favorite wrestlers? Happiness is me.
It’s a beautiful thing man! I love it when bands and artists come out and write music for our faves or wear their shirts. And it’s so cute when Jericho or Rollins talk about meeting their favorite bands and being star struck! Like it’s surreal to us because we’d be star struck either way!
random corey headcanon: so ya know how in the show it says werewolves bodies run at a higher core temp than the average human? what if corey’s ran lower cause chameleons are lizards and lizards are cold blooded and that’s why in almost every scene we see corey in he’s wearing a jacket. cause he’s always cold
- listens to metal loud enough so everyone can hear it
- give out free copies of his mixtape
- had a mustache in 4th grade
- 1 other friend
- talks in spanish to his other spanish friends around teachers
- hasnt cut his hair since 6th grade
- doesn’t wear underwear
- got suspended twice
- wears the same shorts every day
- secretly gay
- plays football just for the chance of touching a man
- got suspended for burning the school mascot, “Gerry the Goat”
- thinks everyone loves him
- has a different girlfriend every 3 weeks
- scared of women
- hair bows
- short shorts
- reason the school has home ec
- everyone hates her because she’s dating an asshole
- brings cookies into school every day
- has a girlfriend but hits on other women
- touches girls but doesn’t get in trouble
- probably sleeping with the principal
- curly cue
- never speaks
- bad in gym class
- has no friends because she’s dating the school douchebag
- openly gay
- uses the womans bathroom
- somehow popular
- thinks people like her
- talks about her friends behind their backs
- boyfriend is gay
- last one picked in gym
- left school after a week
- talks about how great his last class year was
- class clown
- messy bun & sweatpants
- skipped 2 grades
- calls people out for their bs
- raps in the school talent show
- head cheerleader
- been a freshman for 3 years
- karen smith
- has a new weave every month
- squad leader
- gets called her sisters name in class
- lesbian but says she’s bi to fit in