Celebrating 15 Years of Iker Casillas (12-Sep-1999-2014)
* Casillas started his career in Real Madrid’s youth system, known as La Fábrica, during the 1990–91 season.
* In 2000, he became the youngest ever goalkeeper to play in a Champions League final when Real Madrid defeated Valencia 3–0, just four days after his nineteenth birthday.
* Iker Casillas made his debut on 12 September 1999 against Athletic.
* Iker’s Debut in San Mamés vs Athletic eneded 2-2 draw. Toshack was the Whites’ manager at the time.
* In his first season Casillas was the starting goalkeeper in the eighth European Cup win.
* Casillas is an example of working your way through the club’s youth sides.
* In 2000, Casillas became the youngest ever goalkeeper to play in UCL final when Real Madrid defeated Valencia 3–0. just four days after his nineteenth birthday.
* In 2010 Casillas became goalkeeper with most appearances of all time in the UEFA Champions League.
* In 2008 Real Madrid awarded Casillas a contract for life. Casillas signed a contract extension that will keep him at the club until 2017, with an automatic extension if he plays 30 competitive matches during the final season of the contract and a buy-out clause of £113 million.
* Reports In 2009. Man City had launched a record £129 million bid for Iker Casillas which was rejected by Club and Casillas himself stated that he “had no intention of leaving” his boyhood club.
*Europa Press reported that Casillas was the second most popular Spanish sportsman on the internet throughout 2010.
* As of 2011 Casillas is one of a very select group of players who have won all major club and national championship titles.
* At the end of 2012 he was voted into the UEFA Team of the Year for the 6th consecutive time.
* Casillas played his 600th match for Real Madrid on 22 January 2012 in a 4–1 win vs Athletic Bilbao
* On 22 December 2012, Jose Mourinho told Media to “Never stop writing” that “Iker Casillas isn’t same anymore”
* During the 2012–13 season, Casillas won IFFHS Best Goalkeeper Award for the fifth consecutive time.
* With IFFHS World Best Goalkeeper Award for 5 consecutive years Iker Casillas considered to be one of the Greatest goalkeepers of all time.
* Iker Casillas is the 3rd captain in football history to lift the World Cup, UEFA Champions League & European Championship trophy.
* Iker Casillas is the 1st captain in history to lift UEFA Super Cup along with World Cup, UCL & Euro trophies.
* When Iker was a child, he lived for some years in Basque Country, but he has always considered Madrid to be his hometown.
* Mourinho left Madrid & soon after his leaving, Spanish midfielder Andrés Iniesta criticized him about benching Casillas.
* A new record by Casillas was made in 13/14 Copa del rey of 962 minutes without conceding a goal.
* In 2014, he became the first goalkeeper to play in every round of Copa del Rey prior to the final without conceding a goal.
* Casillas’ gloves on display at the Santiago Bernabeu museum.