cooper christy

EXCLUSIVE MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS OFFICIAL TRAILER RELEASED

To say I’m exited to see this film is an understatement. There’s a combination of things that really make me interested in seeing a film. 1. A great story. It just so happens this film is based on the bestselling novel ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ penned by Agatha Christie. 2. A great director. We have that in Kenneth Branagh, whom I have previously called, one of the greatest directors of our time. 3. A great cast. With 60% of the lead cast consisting of Academy Award nominees and winners, not to mention the remainder 40% involved in hit films and theatre productions, you couldn’t ask for a more talented cast.

The film directed and starring Kenneth Branagh, see’s him bring acting greats Judi Dench and Derek Jacobi (actors with whom he has worked closely with in film and theatre), along with Hollywood heavyweights Penelope Cruz, Willem Dafoe, Michelle Pfeiffer and Johnny Depp. Branagh mixes in the new class of Hollywood; Josh Gad, Daisy Ridley and Leslie Odom Jr. to bring us a really strong cast. A nice addition to the cast includes Australian actor Adam Garcia, who like Dench and Jacobi has worked with Branagh before.

Coupled with that, the fact it’s based on a mystery and is set on a train (channelling my inner Sheldon Cooper there) we can’t help but be excited. Add to that, the prospect of putting my Sherlock Holmes deerstalker cap on, in an effort to figure out who the culprit is.

The imagery in the trailer is quite stunning. Mountains, covered in a carpet of snow, with the train passing through, it’s incredibly beautiful. Then there are the interiors, exactly what you’d expect to see on a habitable train. The use of narration helped draw you into the story. Especially as we are placed into the perspective of the inspector, a great use of point of view. The digital labels that popped up introducing each suspect intrigues. It’s perhaps a hint towards the possible inclusion of a modern style of analysis (when it comes to the inspector) whilst still being set in more traditional times.

I can’t wait to see it in theatres this November.

Trailer courtesy of 20th Century Fox YouTube

I watched the Republican Debate so you don’t have to
  • Ted Cruz forgets his lines right off the bat
  • Carly Fiorina mentions her breast cancer
  • people cheer for the idea of shutting out desperate refugees as christmastime
  • Ben Carson can’t stop coughing while other people talk
  • Chris Christie’s american flag pin is in the shape of the state of new jersey
  • “we need to penetrate these people” -Kasich talking about ISIS
  • Wolf Blitzer pits Cruz and Rubio against eachother 250 times
  • Trump gets actually boo’d when he talks about shutting down parts of the internet to stop ISIS (best moment of the debate imo)
  • Trump and Bush get in a catfight
  • Trump defends the idea of killing terrorists’ families
  • Hugh Hewitt forgets the word ‘neurosurgeon’
  • I got sad and stopped watching
Awesome People With Your Sun Sign

Aries// Emma Watson, Selena Quintanilla-Perez, Lady Gaga, James Franco, Eric Clapton, Matty Healy

Taurus// Channing Tatum, Patrick Stump, Jaime Preciado, Megan Fox, Tina Fey, Uma Thurman

Gemini// Marilyn Monroe, Lana Del Rey, Angelina Jolie, Dave Franco, Johnny Depp, Clint Eastwood

Cancer// Selena Gomez, Sofia Vergara, Phoebe Tonkin, Jared Padalecki, Benedict Cumberbatch, Keegan Allen

Leo// Mila Kunis, Maia Mitchell, Demi Lovato, John Stamos, Munro Chambers, Andrew Garfield

Virgo// Paul Walker, Buddy Holly, Jimmy Fallon, Beyonce Knowles-Carter, Salma Hayek, Amy Winehouse

Libra// Bruno Mars, Zac Efron, Josh Hutcherson, Donna Karen, Marina Diamandis, Alicia Silverstone

Scorpio// Drake, Leonardo DiCaprio, Michael Clifford, Troian Bellisario, Alexa Chung, Emma Stone

Sagittarius// Nicki Minaj, Ashley Benson, Tyra Banks, Brad Pitt, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jimi Hendrix

Capricorn// Alex Turner, Logan Lerman, Bradley Cooper, Zooey Deschanel, Christy Turlington, Frankie Bridge

Aquarius// Lauren Conrad, Shakira, Sasha Pieterse, Harry Styles, Daddy Yankee, Vic Fuentes

Pisces// Mark Hoppus, Jensen Ackles, Kurt Cobain, Rihanna, Drew Barrymore, Kaya Scodelario