How do you find out if you have a warm or a cold skin tone? (Sorry about my English)
Skin undertones can be warm, cool or neutral.
Your skin is warm if:
- your veins appear green;
- your skin has golden tones;
- you quickly bronze or darken in the sun;
- your eyes are green, hazel or warm brown;
- the skin behind your ear is yellowish;
- gold jewelry suits you better than silver.
People with warm skin tone should look for foundations that have a golden or yellow base. Warm shades are often labeled beige, golden, tan, caramel, and chestnut.
Your skin is cool if:
- the veins on your wrist appear blue;
- your skin has rosy tones;
- you burn easily in the sun;
- your eyes are blue, gray or deep brown;
- the skin behind your ear is pink or rosy;
- silver jewelry suits you better than gold.
Cool-toned people should look for foundations with rosy, red or a blue base.
Cool shades are often labeled porcelain, rose, sable, cocoa.
You have a neutral skin tone if:
- it’s hard to determine the color of your veins;
- both gold and silver jewelry look good on you;
- you have both rosy and golden tones in your skin.
People with neutral skin tone have the easiest time finding foundation. Neutral shades are often labeled ivory, buff, nude, and praline.