Hoseok set down his phone as notifications kept popping up, unable to look at Yoongi’s name popping up on his screen anymore.
It’s for the best. He desperately tried to convince himself.
What other choice do I have?
He sat unmoving on the cold floor of his bedroom, to numb to get up for a blanket, or food, or to even think at all as he stared unblinking at nothing at all.
His phone jolted to life beside him, the loud buzzing startling him out of his trance. He hesitated, terrified that it was Yoongi calling him, knowing he didn’t have enough self control to keep himself from answering. Not knowing if he could continue to lie like this, or if hearing that voice he loved so much would cause him to break down.
As he looked at the screen of his phone, the name staring back at him was not Yoongi’s, but that gave him no relief. The name staring back at him tightened a coil of disgust in the pit of his stomach, his anger rising as he grabbed the phone and answered the call.
“What the hell do you want now. Haven’t I done enough?” Hoseok practically growled into the receiver.
“Aww, I’ve missed you being all dominant, babe.”
“Don’t call me that, Jinwoo. Please leave me alone. You’ve ruined my life enough already.”
Hoseok slammed his finger on the end call button and practically threw his phone across the room. For the first time since this mess started, since he realized his ex-boyfriend was Yoongi’s manager, since Jinwoo started blackmailing him, Hoseok allowed himself to fall apart.
He fell asleep that night sobbing and whispering “I’m so sorry, Yoongi. I love you too”
Yoonseok au where Yoongi aka Agust D is a famous rapper who is smitten with Hoseok, a waiter at a cafe 27/?
I hope that wasn’t completely horrible, I haven’t really written anything in a while (@my taekook fanfic on ao3 that I haven’t touched in months)
This au started out so cute and fluffy what happened,,,,, don’t worry, it’ll be happy again,, eventually
Here’s a photo of my (bad) attempt at a nimrod pancake! The other day I saw the post where @gstringofsuburbia and @mikedirnts-sideburns were talking about a nimrod restaurant/nimrod pancakes so I thought, since it’s pancake day, I should try making one!
(Sorry about the bad writing, piping Nutella with shaky hands is hard 😂)
Ingredients: -3 tbsp butter -3 eggs -¾ cup all-purpose flour -¾ cup warm milk -1 tbsp sugar -2 tbsp pure vanilla extract -pinch salt -pinch fresh ground nutmeg -pinch cinnamon -confectioners’ sugar for dusting -toppings
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (Fahrenheit)
2. Put butter in a large ovenproof, non-stick saute pan and place in the oven.
3. Meanwhile, combine the eggs and milk until the mixture is light yellow and no longer stringy, then gradually whisk in the flour, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt until you have a smooth batter.
4. Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven. The butter should be completely melted. Swirl it around to coat the inside of the pan completely (in the picture above, you can see that my pancake has a slight tear on the right side… this would have been prevented had I ensured that the pan was completely coated), then pour the remaining butter into the batter and whisk to blend. Pour the batter into the hot pan and return the pan to the oven. Bake until the pancake is puffed in the center and golden brown along the edges, 20-25 minutes.
5. Using a spatula, remove the entire Dutch baby from the pan and place on a cooling rack for a few minutes (this will allow the pancake to cool while still allowing steam to escape, preventing sogginess).
6. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and add toppings (fresh fruit, preserves, honey, syrup, whipped cream… the possibilities are endless) and slice into wedges to serve!
From ice cream to cookies to chocolate and scented candles, it’s difficult to imagine life without the presence of vanilla. It is without a doubt, everywhere in our lives, and it has become one of those ingredients that we sort of take for granted. But it may be surprising to note that at one point, vanilla was so difficult and expensive to obtain that the primary flavorings of choice in the western world were nutmeg and rose water.
Vanilla extract (when pure) is the flavoring pulled from the vanilla bean, a fruit of the orchid of the same name, which is native to Central and South America. One of the ingredients introduced as a result of the Columbian Exchange, it was greatly popular with the wealthy and nobility, though virtually inaccessible to those of lower station due to the difficulty in cultivating it outside of the Americas. This problem would be solved in the mid-19th century when it was discovered that the plant could be hand-pollinated in the absence of the symbiotic bee species of the native plant.
Today, vanilla is still cultivated by hand and is the second most expensive spice on the market (saffron being the most expensive) due to the intense labor and import costs (the majority of today’s vanilla being cultivated in Madagascar).
The uses of vanilla even after being introduced to Europe by Hernan Cortez were not limited to cuisine. The oils of the pods could be used as an aphrodisiac, dabbed behind the ear to encourage attracting a lover.
As a magical ingredient, we’d have to look at the Totonac legend regarding its creation. According to the legend, the Princess Xanat was prevented by her father from marrying a mortal man. But love ultimately won out and she fled into the forests with her lover. Both she and her lover were then hunted and beheaded, and where their blood mingled on the ground, the first vanilla orchid sprouted. Though rather depressing in its beauty, it gives natural vanilla an interesting place in magical use.
In general, vanilla (from here on out, I’ll simply be saying “vanilla” as opposed to “natural vanilla” because it’s clearly what I’m focused on… I’ll get to talking about artificial vanilla in a bit) is considered to be an excellent ingredient for love, lust, healing, and luck spells. The scent helps to calm the senses and open one up to romantic suggestion, while also serving to heighten libido both in men and women. In healing, the scent and flavor tends to promote calm and relaxation (there’s a reason why it’s the main flavor of many comfort foods), and on top of that, the oils were once believed to help treat stomach ailments.
Because the vanilla pods were used in tributes to the Aztecs after the Totonacs were invaded, the spice has come to also be associated with luck and money, and is often uses in sachets and food spells that encourage both in one’s life.
But say we take it a little bit further. Keep in mind that at this point, I’m focusing on some of the ways I use it in my practice, as vanilla is easily unique from witch to witch in its usefulness. In addition to love and healing, I also associate vanilla with cleansing and beauty. The calming properties of vanilla are excellent in helping to reach the state of mind needed to help dispel negativity, and the plant itself is rather beautiful (though I may be biased due to my love of orchids). Vanilla cosmetics therefore are excellent for glamour spells!
The majority of products today that are labelled as “vanilla” are artificially flavored, using a chemical called vanillin, and at this point, the witchy community is often a bit divided. Many, including authors such as Scott Cunningham, consider the artificial extract to be magically inert and encouraged acquiring natural extract and pods. On my end, however, I see it as a more or less decent substitute for the frugal, thrifty, or budget-oriented witch. This is because of the flavor and scent associations. They help trigger the memories, emotions, and mental states that we associate with vanilla, and therefore serve much the same purpose as the natural thing. So if you’re reading this article thinking “how the hell am I supposed to afford that,” know that you’re not required to buy natural vanilla.
That said, those who have access to the natural thing have much more versatility in how it can be used. Place the seeds or the pods in sachets, jars, bottles, and bags; use vanilla oils and extract for offerings, consecrations, candle dressing, or as an aphrodisiac; bake or cook to your heart’s content, taking advantage of the flavor, properties, and even vanilla’s ability to enhance and lift other flavors!
So when looking at that vanilla Dutch baby during breakfast, consider how amazing vanilla truly is before taking that first bite!
If it hasn’t been requested already, could we see the RFA’s reaction to a body swap with MC? I’ve always been a bit of a sucker for that trope. (NSFW is cool, but if you aren’t comfortable writing that sort of thing that’s cool too.)
Ayuh it’s Pancake 👏🏻 I had some ideas right off the bat for this one, hehe. I’m a no-NSFW kind of gal so I’m glad that’s good with you. I also wasn’t sure if you wanted V or not, since he’s included in both the RFA and the minor trio, so I added him in just in case. Please enjoy!
❗️Just as a side note, I wanted to ask everyone whether they like it better when I do short or long scenarios? I can’t tell if when I do short it’s not enough and when I do long it’s too much? Please help y'all 😂
Yoosung ⁃ You’re not used to being so lazy ⁃ This body cannot do anything it sucks ⁃ All you want to do is sit down and eat ⁃ Yoosung on the other hand is more hype than the energizer bunny ⁃ He’s not used to having so much energy ⁃ Is this what eating right and not sitting in front of a screen all day feels like? ⁃ Also let’s not talk about it for too long but you two lowkey tried a kiss in your switched bodies and it was sO WEIRD ⁃ Dang my lipgloss tastes good ⁃ Yoosung also tried putting on makeup and that was a diaper fire ⁃ Let’s just say that even though he’s in your body, he’s undeniably Yoosung
Zen ⁃ ?¿mUsCLeS?¿ ⁃ You probably spend on average around 60% of your day feeling Zen’s muscles ⁃ There’s just so many of them ⁃ You can lift ANYTHING ⁃ Including Zen’s ego ohmygosh ⁃ Seeing himself from outside his body has just convinced Zen further that he’s the second most beautiful creature on the planet ⁃ But he’s also stuck in your body and while he’s there he’s sure gonna make the most of it ⁃ He’s tried on every piece of fabric in your closet. Like no joke ⁃ But his favorite by FAR are the yoga pants ⁃ !! ⁃ He’s irreversibly obsessed ⁃ “MC, these are so comfortable!” ⁃ “Look how good these make my butt look!” ⁃ That is m y b u t t z e n so stop touching it
Jaehee ⁃ You had this idea ⁃ And it seemed like a good one at the time ⁃ But if you’re living inside Jaehee’s body ⁃ Why don’t you try living a day in her life? ⁃ So you woke up early, threw on a pantsuit that was probably waaay out of dress code, and headed off to work at the C&R building ⁃ Things were going smooth until about an hour in when you realized how sluggish you were feeling ⁃ Your eyelids were drooping like dog ears ⁃ You hadn’t even thought about coffee this morning, you don’t drink it like Jaehee does ⁃ You were on your way to the employee lounge to make a cup when Jumin entered the office ⁃ nO ⁃ The rest of the day was confusion and suffering ⁃ But it was all worth it if Jaehee gets the day off ❤️
Seven ⁃ He rolled over to wrap his arm around you while you were sleeping beside each other ⁃ It was a little dark ⁃ And his eyes were barely open ⁃ But you look… bigger than normal ⁃ MC, did you ⁃ Did you dye your hair??? ⁃ He reached for his glasses on the night stand and they weren’t there so he got up and turned on the ligh— ⁃ oH GOOD GOSH ⁃ Besides the initial shock tho he finds it so interesting ⁃ He bout to pull so many pranks ⁃ Yoosung watch out
Jumin ⁃ You have never craved healthy food more in your life ⁃ Like yesterday you was bout to chow down on some Oreos ⁃ And now you’d probably rather eat any other vegetable ⁃ Or any other food, for that matter ⁃ Jumin (in your body) can’t wrap his little head around this whole situation ⁃ Cause he is Not Superstitious, he’s very down to earth ⁃ So you’ve caught him staring off into space lookin Very Concentrated and Very Confused ⁃ At least now that you’re in this body ⁃ Feeling its emotions ⁃ You know the answer to the age old question…. ⁃ Does Jumin Han Is Gay?? ⁃ (I’ll let you decide 😘)
- Cait is the token ‘hot mom’, would definitely burst into the school like a hurricane if she found out her child was being bullied and demand the principal got up off their fat corporate funded ass to do something about it, if they didn’t she’d go to the kids houses and ask to fight the fucking parents, wouldn’t be able to cook to save her fucking life so your prime source of nourishment would be pizza she ordered (she’d be cool about it and let you pick whatever toppings you want), bedtime would be nonexistent and vague and she’d pretty much just tell you to go to sleep whenever she figures out it’s actually pretty late, you’d find her the next morning passed out on the couch with a bag of pretzels tucked into her side, ‘sex ed’ mom who all your friends come to for help even before the actual sex ed teacher or their parents, everyone’s kind of scared of her so you don’t really have to worry about anyone bullying you, let you have your first sip of alcohol, once you get older lets you have some drinks as long as you stay in the house bc she knows kids always find a way to drink, when you wanna try out for a sports team she helps you work out and trains with you, when you go on your first date and they come to pick you up she glares a hole into their head but tries to be polite bc you’re her fucking baby, gives you the coolest hand-me-down clothes
- Hancock, ‘the Cool Dad’, one time you came home in tears after getting dress coded in Jr. High and he was genuinely flapperghasted (’you look fine? The fuck you mean they said ‘you were distracting the boys’?? You’re eleven???), busts into the school and gives the principal AND the teacher who dress coded you the scare/tongue lashing of their fucking lives, lets you wear whatever you want within reason, takes you shopping and if you pick up something weird that tangibly no one else would wear he looks at you dead serious and says ‘i love it.’, the ‘fuck yeah stick it to old people while eating cereal in his jammies’ dad, totally respects and adores your rebellious phase bc you’re teaching yourself that the system is corrupt, always went to all your daddy/daughter or father/son dances and events and scared the shit out of all the other parents despite being the friendliest person there, picks you up from school blasting rock music and takes you to get ice cream after a game/performance/bad day, ‘auntie fahrenheit’ who comes to visit and always stays up watching true crime and law and order with you, she teaches you practical self defense as opposed to hancock’s ‘here’s a knife stab em until they drop’ take on it, occasionally picks you up from school to go play laser tag with hancock and all their friends, has an entire hanse of friends who all think you are a fucking angel and would probably die for you, he helps you clean up after a wild party so your other parent doesn’t find out, when you come home drunk as a fucking skunk he makes you a sandwich gets you some gatorade and tucks you into bed only promptly to wake you up at 6AM to mow the lawn to teach you a valuable lesson, when your first date comes to pick you up he greets them in his signature ‘hancock’ coat draped over his jammies eating chocolate rice krispies with a ‘sup dude’ no matter what gender they are much to your utter embarrassment, always the first to hug you after someone breaks your heart
was exhausted. My son, Will, was shouting for me from his room.
Daddy!” He screamed through his sobbing.
was half-awake anyway because my wife had just gone to the bathroom. I assumed
that’s what stirred Will. I cleared my head a moment and pushed myself up to go
to his room. I walked across the landing, rubbing my eye that was struggling to
adjust to the light coming from the bathroom. I reached for the handle of
baby, mummy is here. It’s just a bad dream.” My wife said in a whisper.
selfish and wanting to get some much needed sleep, I left my wife to deal with
Will and went back to bed. I was just drifting back off to sleep when I was
disturbed by my wife getting back into bed.
he alright?” I said, trying to stay awake.
don’t know, I thought you were seeing to him,” she said, confused.
took a moment for me to process what that meant, but I sprung awake and charge
through Will’s bedroom door. He was whimpering and staring at the wall.
rushed and grabbed him in my arms. There was nobody here but him.
got you, buddy, I got you. What’s the matter?” I whispered to him.
said mummy is going to take care of you, and she stroked my hair.” He
small fingers were digging into my shoulders and he buried his face into my
chest. My son was absolutely terrified and it broke my heart.
said that Will?” I asked him.
lady… on the wall,” he said.
brought Will into our bed for the night and went back to check his room. Of
course there was nothing there, but I couldn’t shake the feeling of what I
heard. I know I’d heard a woman’s voice coming from his room.
spoke to my wife about it and told her what had happened the next day. She said
that he was having a nightmare, and that I was so tired that I was probably
hearing things. I told her she was right, although I couldn’t shake the feeling
that something was off.
screaming and talk of the lady on the wall continued until William’s fourth
birthday, at which point it stopped entirely. Whenever Will was alone the lady
on the wall seemed to appear. No matter what time of the day she was there.
told me that she said things like:
will never leave you again.”
take you away from them, they don’t love you like I do.”
wife told me that he was making it all up, and that her friends had told her
that their children had gone through similar phases of imaginary friends and
fantasies, but this seemed a little dark and mature to be conjured in the mind
of a 3 year old.
spent a lot of time sleeping in our bed during that year, he would wake us up
screaming but we never managed to catch the lady on the wall.
wife became pregnant in 1994 (strangely after the lady on the wall disappeared
and Will went back to his own bed). We had a beautiful girl named Holly. Will
took to her like a charm and was a great big brother. My wife fell pregnant for
the last time in 1995 and gave birth to a boy, Samuel, in 96. We had our perfect little
family and the Lady on the Wall was all but forgotten.
was until Samuel’s third birthday. That night Samuel screamed, I went to him
and sure enough he told me about the Lady on the Wall. I was furious that
William had scared his little brother that way- he should have known better
after the time he spent terrified.
bought Samuel to our bed for the night and decided to deal with William in the