We know next to nothing against the Sandaime Kazekage and yet he’s one of the coolest kage to exist. Like, as a person, not as puppet for whom Sasori may or may not have held an unhealthy fondness. I mean:
- aesthetically pleasing design
- considered the strongest Kazekage ever by his own people
- either they loved him so much or had so high an opinion of his strength that they didn’t believe he was dead for years and kept searching the desert for him
- they reluctantly elected a Yondaime Kazekage (Rasa) but still kept searching for their Sandaime
- he reverse-engineered Magnet Release by watching the One-Tails and created his own Iron Sand technique, the most feared weapon in Suna’s history
- was his Magnet Release a kekkai genkai or did he teach himself how to use it by combining wind and earth chakra natures without the benefit of a bloodline? I want to believe the latter since he reverse-engineered the technique, and that makes his accomplishment all the more impressive
- he could render puppets unusable by clogging their joints with sand and could bypass chakra shields with his Iron Sand
- he could turn other people’s weapons against them with his Magnet Release and form makeshift weapons of his own out of his Iron Sand
- when revived by Orochimaru with Edo Tensei in the anime, he is unimpressed with what Sasori did with his body (turning it into a puppet) and equally unimpressed with Edo Tensei
- he declares, “I am the Sandaime Kazekage. I am not your pawn,” and proceeds to actually break free from Orochimaru’s control and release himself from the Edo Tensei, leaving Orochimaru to face Sasori and Deidara’s attacks alone
- so savage
- he’s like ‘you raised me from the dead to defend you? think again. I’m not fighting for you even if it is against my own murderer’
- won’t even engage in a zombie grudge match because he’s so disgusted by Orochimaru
- just nopes out of there like breaking Edo Tensei is nbd
- leaves Orochimaru to get slammed by several tons of iron sand and dozens of exploding clay birds
Fist fights had never been something that you wanted to do regularly. They just… were. In the past month you had gotten into three fist fights. Again, not by choice. Before this horrible month, you didn’t get into fights, ever. But unfortunately you had been in the wrong place at the wrong time. You used to hang with Charles Lee and his crew, but one day you caught him cheating on his girlfriend. Naturally, you told her. But he convinced everyone it was a lie, and turned his large friend group against you. Now, practically everyone hated you. Well, all except for Alexander Hamilton. He was friends with you all the way through. He hated Lee, so naturally he supported you when Lee started brawls.
You listened as the last bell of the day rang out and watched from your classroom window as student poured into the hallway. You were meant to meet with Alex at his house for a study party in thirty minutes or so. You took a deep breath, hoping that you would go home unharmed. Opening the classroom door, you rushed through the crowds as fast as humanly possible. You were inches away from the door, when you bumped shoulder with the worst person you could have. Sidney Lee.
“Oh my gosh I’m so sorry I-” she stopped when she saw who you were. Lee’s sister was usually nice, but she was scary. Her face contorted into one of anger.
“How dare you? Haven’t you caused enough trouble? First you accuse my brother of cheating and now you’re publicly harassing me?” She stepped closer to you.
“I wasn’t trying to bump into you,” you managed through a clenched jaw.
“Whatever. Just go back to your little angry boy. Hamilton is the only who will ever love you. And he has to love you because everyone important in his life is dead,” her voice was dripping sweet venom.
“And what are you gonna do? Go back to your brother and be a whore like him?! At least Alex doesn’t have sex with every person he lays eyes on!” You yelled, making no effort to mask your rage. They could attack you, but they could not attack Alex.
She punched you. She wasn’t very strong, so you both went at it. Before she knew what hit her, you had her pinned on the floor. You thought you would walk away from this one. You really, good to honest did. But then her friends came. They pushed you on the floor and two girls pinned your arms as Sidney beat any part of you that she could. Blow after blow, you tried your hardest not to cry. A teacher broke it up, but you ran out the doors before they could catch you. You ran as fast as you could to Alexander’s house.
You opened the door and stormed up to Alex’s room, determined not to break until you were with him. The door was open, and you saw Alex hunched over his desk. He heard your sniffles and turned around.
“Oh my gosh! Y/n what the hell? What happened?!” His face was painted with shock and worry. You just collapsed into his arms and bawled.
“I-I can’t d-do this anymore,” you sobbed into his shoulder. He shushed you and rubbed your back. His rhythmic breathing calmed you. Soon, you were just sniffling.
“Hey, I’m gonna go get some stuff so we can get you fixed up, alright?” He spoke softly. You nodded and let him get the supplies.
Alex patched you up. He cleaned every cut and made sure nothing would get infected, he wrapped your knuckles that you probably sprained, and he applied ice to your black eye. When all the swelling had gone down, he decided that studying on a Friday was unnecessary and you could kick back today.
“I think you really have to tell Dad. He’s been asking every time you leave, and I can’t keep saying I don’t know. He’s the principal, Y/n. He can fix this.” You shook your head. You thought you could handle this, but deep down, you knew you couldn’t. Your shaking of the head slowly became a nod.
“You really think it’ll help?”
“I know it will.”
Principal Washington didn’t get home until five, which was earlier than usual. You and Alex slowly went down the stairs, even him slightly nervous about the outcome. He was sitting at the kitchen table, probably grading history papers.
“Uh, Dad?” Alex sputtered.
“Yes, son,” Washington didn’t even look up from the papers.
“Y/n has something she needs to tell you..” he stepped aside. Washington took one look at you and said one simple sentence:
“The Lee siblings will not go unpunished, now, leave me to my work.” He ended it with a small smile and returned to his grading. You and Alex looked at each other in amazement. You both went back up stairs, marveled at WashingDad’s psychic powers.
You looked in Alex’s mirror. The swelling had gone down on your face and, thanks to Sidney’s weakness, the black eye was very faint. You turned around and collapsed beside Alex on his bed.
“For what?” He propped himself up on his elbow to look at you.
“For always being there for me. High school has been hell even though we are only half way through. You have always been my consistent, even when everyone else turned away.” He stared at you for a second then swiftly kissed your lips. Your eyes widened and you both sat up.
“What was that?” You whispered.
“I don’t know,” he whispered back. Shock was mirrored in both of your faces. Your eyes kept flickering between his lips and his eyes. You both leaned forward and your lips gently brushed against each other before he pressed with fuller force. Your hand cupped his cheek. His hand laced it way into your hair. He was the first to pull away.
“I can’t quiet process what just happened, but I enjoyed it.” You smiled at his stupid comment and shot your mom a quick text telling her that you were staying the night at Alexander’s.
You lied down and he pulled you into his chest. His breathing was always consistent, and it lulled you into a blissful darkness. He would be there, always.
Sketched a young adult Wendy Corduroy, though I suppose it could be almost anybody.
I imagine her dabbling in petty crime during college and then becoming some kind of semi-crooked forest ranger who makes a living rescuing hikers from gremlobins. Maybe doing some work as a stunt double. Maybe also growing magical varieties of weed, I dunno.