One pot red lentil soup
I recently concocted a similar recipe using several source recipes online, and though I LOVE chopping veggies, I realized I could simplify this with pre-chopped ingredients and it would be super fast and easy (and DELICIOUS) to make. Red lentils are yummy, nutritious, and don’t need to be soaked beforehand because they’re so tiny!
Servings: About 5 depending on how hungry you are!
- 1 cup red lentils
- 3 cups chicken OR vegetable broth
- Frozen diced veggies (I recommend anything with carrots, celery, and most definitely onions)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp pre-chopped garlic
- 1 tsp ginger (or to taste)
- 1 tsp cumin (or to taste)
- Small dash of paprika
- Salt if needed (the broth will add salt so give it a taste test first)
- OPTIONAL: Olive oil
- OPTIONAL: 1 serrano pepper, halved and de-seeded (may want to use gloves for this as it can make your skin hot hot hot), this makes the soup just a bit spicy but it’s not necessary!
SUPER EASY DIRECTIONS:
Add all ingredients to a large pot and bring to a boil. Cook on medium heat for ten minutes.
OPTIONAL, SLIGHTLY LESS EASY (BUT MAKES IT MORE DELICIOUS) DIRECTIONS:
Sautee veggies and garlic in olive oil in a large pot for about five minutes. This will add a lot of flavor to the veg.
Add the rest of the ingredients, bring to a boil, and cook on medium heat for ten minutes.