congrats on 300!! you deserve it and you're definitely an amazing writer dw. can you write hc's for paladin and s/o first Space Date (date in space/could also their first date in general)? tysm 💖 hope you're doing well!
aaa thank you so much anon!! i hope you like this also i kinda uh got carried away by this hc
- he’d be that dude who goes all fancy shmancy on the first date
- he’ll ask hunk to cook dinner and tells teh rest of the squad to stay out of the dinning room for that night
- he’ll prolly wear something semi-formal since he doesnt have a tux
- s/o probably borrows something from allura or coran
- he’ll knoc at their door at 7
- being the gentleman he is he’ll probably compliments how they lok and then leads them to the dining room
- allura’s dinning table is huge so shiro sets up the plates and things in the middle of it so his s/o and him can sit and face eachother
- at first it’ll be kinda awkward because he’s nervous as hell but soon enough the ice melts
- they both would be having a great time
- when dinners done he’ll escort s/o to their room and kisses their cheek
- maybe asks them to be his if he’s brave enough
- dates with lance are super chill and fun
- he’ll take his s/o joy riding on his lion
- packed some snacks and card games/board games
- he’ll take s/o to where the view of the planets and stars are beautiful
- he’ll say corny pick-up lines to break the mood
- tries to make them laugh as much as possible because he just loves it
- lance is a pro at go fish and other card games
- so when s/o gets sad on loosing he’ll pretend to loose for them
- it gets them both of the voltron stuff for awhile
- lance would kiss bthem just before they both get back because he’s cheesy that way
- prolly asks the to be their significant other as well
- brags about it the the fam when they get back to the castle
- when the castle lands on a peaceful planet of some sorts he’ll ask s/o if they want to look around it
- packs some snacks for a picnic just because keith likes picnic
- takes them around on his motorcycle hoverboard thingy and blushes when his s/o snuggles behind him
- when they finally find a nice spot, tehy both set up the picnic and start to talk
- at first about the planet then to more chill but also personal things
- keith’s the type to admire his s/o a lot at dates because he just loves the way they talk
- he is absolutely smitten man
- uses that yawn thingy to put his hand around s/o’s shoulders because he’s just that type of dude
- goes back to the castle when it’s pasts dad shiro’s curfew but shiro kept shut because he thunks they’re both so cute
- keith will kiss them on a sudden impulse like he just found the confidence
- tells them goodnight before kissing their forehead and goes to his room
- asks s/o if they want to stargaze with her
- she’ll make hot cocoa and brings some astrology books
- explains to s/o bout stars and stuff
- exchanges stories about their childhood
- laugh at the weirdest memes together
- will kinda cuddle
- ends up sleeping on the cold floor together wrapped up in blankets
- shiro will find them both and laughs to himself and also brought them extra pillows and blankets
- wakes up to lance’s camera sound
- the pidge spent the whole morning chasing lance
- poor lance
- asks s/o if they wanted to binge watch disney movies with him
- him makes popcorn, nachos, ect for the occasion
- watches lion king first because its iconic
- crying at the sad and emotional part of the movies
- gettin warm and cosy with eachother by the third movie
- ends up egnoring it and talks with eachother about their favorite disney princess or about earth
- laughing loudly at jokes
- building a pillow fort together because hunk wanted to
- took them both all night
- when s/o sleeps on him he’ll give them a peck of their forehead before sleeping as well
from left to right: Marc Bolan, Bill Legend, Mickey Finn, Josephine Visconti (Tony’s Mom), Liz Hartley (Tony’s girlfriend at the time), and Steve Currie, with (I assume) Tony Visconti taking the photo. They had just found out Hot Love had gone to #1 in the UK, so Josephine Visconti cooked a big Italian dinner and decorated a chocolate cake with almonds spelling Hot Love to celebrate the occasion. Marc was vegetarian so he avoided the meatballs.
2 lb chicken wings, separated into drums and flats
Seasoning blend (you may or may not use all of it) - 5 tbsp of each: smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, granulated garlic, granulated onion, Indian red pepper, hot paprika, cumin + 2 tbsp kosher salt, + 1 tbsp baking powder
Ingredients for Sauce
½ cup Honey Chipotle barbecue sauce (purchased from Williams-Sonoma)
¼ cup Peri Peri sauce
3 tbsp sweet chili
2 tsp raw honey
½ apple cider vinegar
Preheat the oven to 420 degrees Fahrenheit.
Clean and completely dry your chicken wings using paper towels.
In a large bowl, toss your chicken wings into the coating mixture and ensure that each wing is evenly coated.
Using a baking sheet (preferably with a wire rack), place the chicken wings in a single layer and cook for 20 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
After the last 15 minutes, remove the wings from the oven, turn on your oven’s broiler, brush the chicken wings with the sauce and broil for 1-2 minutes until caramelized.
Repeat on the opposite side of the wings.
NOTE: using a wire rack helps with the air circulation and ensures that the entire wing gets crispy.
Remove from the oven, garnish with fresh cilantro, and serve.
Seasoning blend (you will not use all of this unless you want to): 1 tbsp kosher salt, 1 tbsp kosher pepper, ½ tbsp cumin, ½ tbsp ancho chili powder, 1 tsp New Mexico chili powder, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp hot paprika, ½ tsp dried oregano.
Cilantro for garnish
Toppings of your choice
In a large pot or dutch oven, heat a few tbsp of olive oil over medium heat.
Once the oil has come to temperature, add in the garlic, onions, and diced peppers.
Season with the seasoning blend and cook until the onions become translucent.
Once the onions are translucent, add in the vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, passata, and sweet potatoes.
Season as desired.
Bring the mixture to a boil.
Once boiling, add in the lentils and red kidney beans.
Cover with a lid, reduce the heat to a simmer, and allow the lentils to cook thoroughly, stirring occasionally for about 25 minutes.
After 20-25 minutes, remove the lid, add in the tomato paste. Stir to incorporate.
Taste and season according to your preference.
Add in the pinch of sugar to balance the flavors.
Let the chili thicken uncovered for a few minutes.
Serve while hot, garnished with your favorite toppings.
I recently concocted a similar recipe using several source recipes online, and though I LOVE chopping veggies, I realized I could simplify this with pre-chopped ingredients and it would be super fast and easy (and DELICIOUS) to make. Red lentils are yummy, nutritious, and don’t need to be soaked beforehand because they’re so tiny!
Servings: About 5 depending on how hungry you are!
1 cup red lentils
3 cups chicken OR vegetable broth
Frozen diced veggies (I recommend anything with carrots, celery, and most definitely onions)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tsp pre-chopped garlic
1 tsp ginger (or to taste)
1 tsp cumin (or to taste)
Small dash of paprika
Salt if needed (the broth will add salt so give it a taste test first)
OPTIONAL: Olive oil
OPTIONAL: 1 serrano pepper, halved and de-seeded (may want to use gloves for this as it can make your skin hot hot hot), this makes the soup just a bit spicy but it’s not necessary!
SUPER EASY DIRECTIONS:
Add all ingredients to a large pot and bring to a boil. Cook on medium heat for ten minutes.
OPTIONAL, SLIGHTLY LESS EASY (BUT MAKES IT MORE DELICIOUS) DIRECTIONS:
Sautee veggies and garlic in olive oil in a large pot for about five minutes. This will add a lot of flavor to the veg.
Add the rest of the ingredients, bring to a boil, and cook on medium heat for ten minutes.