No, thank you for your kind words.
1) On the contract with Modest.
I think they had a three years contract for a few reasons:
- a) First of fall, and basically, because the one with Syco was also a 3 years contract. I believe that signing a management contract with an artist for five years, if that artist had only a 3 years Record contract would have made no sense
[As I said here a 3 years contract would have left the door open for two possibilities:
i) At the end of the three years, 1D signed with a new management company.
ii) They resigned with Modest at better terms (I cannot imagine they would ever have resigned at the same terms and conditions) Now I tend to believe they signed with a new company, because the contract ended likely around December 12 th/December 17 th (they signed after 2010 X-Factor final) and I think Modest would have already made an announcement of the renewal (like Syco did)]
- b) It seemed Modest goal was to make the most money in the short term. They did tire the boys out. They did overload their audience with a over-the-top merchandising. They did alienate a part of the fandom.
- c) Lately it seemed they did not care about their brand anymore: no promo for Midnight Memories and Thisisus, a big delay in the announcement of the American leg of the WWA Tour etc
2) On the coming out.
I’m less optimistic than some of my friends on a coming out before the WWA Tour starts.
This is an amazing post of people questioning if the former closeting would effect the way audience would deal with a coming out. As i said there i tend to believe people would forget everything and they would focus only in the positiviness of it. It happened before. It is also true, however, that two band mates at the peek of their career coming out would be a first. Morover, i’m not sure they would be able to tell all the truth about the former closeting and the bearding so I ask myself if they would accept to tell more lies about their love story.
I think it also has a lot to do with their new management vision. At the moment i tend to believe there will be more likely a glassy glass closet until the WWA Tour. Everything is possible, though (and i’m sure about one thing: their coming out would change a lot of lives. I said something about it also here. ) I hope my theory will be soon belied by the facts, though. After all, Louis just saw a shooting star for the first time.
3) On the announcement of an Elounor break-up .
Fist of all, I do believe the contract ended, for these reasons:
- a) This a consequence of my believes on 1). Signing a bearding contract lasting longer than their management contract would have made no sense.
- b) Also Louis new found happiness, the lacking of Elounor in the last month (hell, not even a Christmas tweet!), a few articles suggesting the fame was hard for Eleanor..
So, the obvious question to be asked is: when will we hear an announcement? I think it also has a lot to do with their new management vision. Would they like a quetly break-up? Would they like to emphasize the news? If it’s the former, yes an announcement just before an holiday would be a clever thing to do. Well, we can only wait, and see.