Chris turned the
phone in hands sitting in rest room. These days stood out extremely heavy.
rush of patients to the clinic gave no respite. He
really wanted to call Atisha and apologize to her as long as necessary. But
his power is only enough to come home late at night, in bed and fall asleep
over the phone. And
this was repeated for several days.
He was afraid.He understood that the longer the silence, the chances of reconciliation with Atisha reduced. Whether she pardoned him after he escaped? Chris knew that he was wrong and should not have run away, leaving Atisha alone. But he could not look her in the eye after all that has happened.
He again raised his finger over her name in the phone. Again he could not dial the number.
“Coward,” - he thought contemptuously. “I hate myself”.
- Chris! - In the staffroom ran nurse. - New patient, faster!
The young man sighed and got up and ran after her down the hallway.
He stood there, looking at the empty operating table with unseeing eyes.
- Nick, - he whispered. - What is it?
He burst into the operating room, and saw the patient on the table, issued a plangent cry. On the table lay Nick in a terrible state. He barely raised his eyelids; one eye was already closed murky film.
- Brother, - he said. - It’s you. What a miracle that it was you.
He coughed. Blood fan flew out of his mouth, splashing all around.
- Shut up, Nick - Chris was terrified. - Now we…
- I have a little time, Chris, - he interrupted him in a voice erupted imperious tone. - Listen to me … I’m an idiot. I’m really - he coughed again. - I was raped by Atisha was hoping … … that if you have parted, I can win it. To make peace with it, so you need her … She’s pregnant, Chris, I hope you will become a father …
He went into coughing. Blood trickled down his chin; he has hardly keep his eyes open. He strained his eyes, focusing them on a brother.
- I’m sorry, Christian, - he said bitterly. - I’m a lousy brother.
- Nick, please! I forgive you, but do not you dare die!
- Farewell … It’s good … well … make up with Atisha …
Nick closed his eyes and went limp.
Nurse long stroked his shoulder. They are with the senior surgeon hardly took him out of the operating room, stuck his sleeping pills and now she was sitting next to, looking at his sleeping face. In the dream, he paced, moaning and calling Atisha.
Then, suddenly I woke up and sat on the sagging couch in rest room.
- I’m still here - surprised he said. He looked out the window. - It’s morning, and I’m still here!
- Chris, you go home, you need to rest, - said the nurse pleaded.
- Once - he snapped. - No more fear.
He sped away. A nurse sat there, hunched over. She liked Chris.
Before Dorothy door Chris took a deep breath and pressed the bell. He was sure that she Atisha.
The door opened slowly. The narrow corridor was Atisha. Her pale face paled even more when she saw Chris. The young man stepped forward and grabbed the girl.
- Atisha, - he whispered, - Atisha. Oh, my girl, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry to you …
He was shaking. Atisha closed her eyes and clung to him more. What does she do now?
- Died? - I whispered in horror Atisha.
Nick … Yes, she wanted to see him no more, but not in the same way! In her heart ached when she thought about what Nick had died in front of Chris and that he could not save him. How to help him?
Chris saw the carpet under your feet. Dorothy politely does not protrude out of the bedroom.
- It’s my fault, Chris. This I called Nick to talk to him, and because I was hit by a truck.
- And if I had not run away, it just did not happen. Atisha, nobody is to blame. It happened.
He pulled her to him. They were silent.
- I love you, Atisha, - suddenly said the young man in silence. - What do I do to make you forgive me? I was so scared, and I did not dare to call you, and if not for Nick’s death … I do not know, could come to you or not. I’m a coward, Atisha. But without you I absolutely can not live without. I want to make you happy, but instead has spoiled everything. Nick was always better than me in everything, and I at some point gave up when he realized that he is experiencing feelings for you. All these years I was afraid that unworthy of you - a poor student, and even younger. What could I give you? But you’re always there, supporting me and this gives us confidence. It is absolutely incredible happiness, when you’re around. But I understand if you do not want to see me. I myself something to see yourself do not want to just run away from yourself will not work …
Atisha looked up at Chris’s tear-stained face. He had dark, impenetrable eyes and lost against the background of the pupil of the iris. Bloodshot whites … how long it normally does not sleep? Sunken cheeks and lips bitten till blood. Most dear and loved one. How hard it is all …
She took his hand in his and pressed it to her belly.
- I do not know whose child it is, Chris. Can you live with me, with the thought that maybe you’re not the father?
He looked the girl in the eye. Again and again he was drowning in them and was willing to do it for the rest of life.
- I’ll always be there, Atisha.
DNA test, made shortly after the birth of a tiny girl, Chris proved paternity.
Thanks to all, who reading my story and comment!♥♥♥