Hogwarts houses as parents
- Sets awesome boundaries in the best way to the envy of all other parents
- Enjoys children most when not having to play on the floor with them
- Can keep child in line by raising a single eyebrow
- Has read a couple parenting books and will readily consult a Ravenclaw if the need arises
- Biggest parenting challenge is trying to avoid pressuring kids into doing things for success/achievement
- Takes up their kid’s hobbies and enjoys the hell out of doing them with their kid
- Kids can never get away with anything; do they have eyes in the back of their head?
- Age they enjoy parenting the most: 21+
- Loves playing on the floor
- Has absolutely no idea what they’re doing as parents but makes up for it with enthusiasm
- Spontaneous trips to the amusement park!
- Struggles with setting limits because they worry about quashing their kids’ spirit
- They never quash their kid’s spirit
- Has awesome talks about everything important from sex to morals to drugs because, eh this is awkward but what the hell, we’re talking about it!
- Biggest parenting challenge is not losing temper during conflicts
- Age they enjoy parenting the most: 7-14
- Has read every parenting book and disagrees with every one
- Notices any issue with their child, consumes tons of info about it, becomes an expert on it to the point where they can educate their kid’s doctor/teacher, comes up with and executes a Plan™
- The one every other parent comes to with parenting problems
- When kids ask Big Questions, has a really strong “Hmm, I wonder, what do you think about that?” game
- Biggest parenting challenge is learning how to STFU and not overwhelm kids with too much info
- Doesn’t like playing on the floor
- Becomes obsessed with children’s books and lets their kid stay up too late reading together
- Age they enjoy parenting the most: 14-21
- Babywearing! Guys did you see this new rainbow woven wrap carrier!! Yes I know I already have twelve others, but did you see it?
- LIVES ON THE FLOOR PLAYING 24/7
- Attachment parenting and bedsharing and Cuddling™
- Super nonjudgmental of other parents but will hex someone who abuses a child in public
- The one who shows up to friends who have a new baby with five casseroles for their freezer and starts cleaning the house for them
- Their teenagers tell them everything
- Biggest parenting challenge is saying no, because they just love their kid so much and look at their face how can I say no???
- Age they enjoy parenting the most: 0-7