Antisemitism on the Left
Gentiles (AKA non-Jewish people) who talk about social justice seem to be confused or completely oblivious to what antisemitism is.
It’s not just calling for Jewish people to die or being a literal neo-nazi.
I regularly see Leftist/Liberal/Progressive/Social Justice gentiles that claim to be against antisemitism/nazis act incredibly antisemitic, so here’s a helpful list!
And if you’re wondering WHY something on this list is antisemitic, Google is free!
- Saying you hate X group of Jews (white Jews, Israeli Jews, etc)
- Accusing a random Jew (ex: Gal Gadot) of killing children/being a war criminal with absolutely nothing to back up your claims.
- Calling Jewish people murderers, child-killers, etc. in general
- Calling Israel a white supremacist state.
- Celebrating the deaths of Jewish people (yes EVEN if they’re Israeli!)
- Holding all Jewish people (EVEN Israeli Jews) accountable for the actions of the Israeli government
- Asking Jewish people their stance on Israel out of any context.
- Dismissing any group of Jews as “white” (note: this does not include holding white-passing Jews accountable for their conditional white privilege/racism)
- Ignoring the fact that Jewish people can be of any ethnicity
- Dismissing the fact that Jewish people are an ethno-religious group
- Dismissing our connection to Israel
- Calling a Jewish person you don’t know a reptile/lizard person/goblin (example: The FineBros)
- Comparing acts of racism/genocides to the Holocaust (there are certain situations in which this is appropriate, but that’s up to Jewish people to decide)
- Acting like antisemitism isn’t only about discrimination against Jews and includes ALL semites.
- Acting like Jewish people are privileged for being Jewish (even if they’re white-passing!)
- Using anything involving Israelis/non-government related Israel events to Discourse about Israel.
- Bringing up the actions of the Israeli government in response to antisemitism.
- Acting as if antisemitism is deserved because of the actions of the Israeli government.
- Giving antisemitic gentiles a pass because they do other kinds of activism.
- “But Jews voted for Trump!”
- Inserting yourself into Jewish-only discussions.
Non-Jews are absolutely encouraged to reblog! But this is not an invitation to argue these points!
Jewish people are encouraged to add on!