Werebear for my second concept art module in uni. Pretty pleased with him. It took me ages to decide on a character to draw, I spent so long trying to come up with one I’d enjoy doing because I knew I could throw one together in less than two nights. This one started as a sketch to ease myself back into digital drawing and took on a life of its own. :)
So, its been a while since i posted in the cryaotic tags. Recently i have been obsessed with the Spider man symbiotes, ya know like Venom and Carnage. So i decided to make a cry symbiote. I might post more later.
Incredible concept art sketches created by production designer Ondrej Nekvasil for Bong Joon-Ho’s visionary science fiction film, “Snowpiercer”.
01. Typical view of a cramped, dark, and grimy corridor within the residential areas of the Tail Section.
02. Gilliam’s Tent, located at the very end of the Snowpiercer, as seen on the outside.
03. Living spaces inside the Tail Section intended to mimic the claustrophobic feel of slums in third-world countries.
04. A sketch depicting a violent, blood-soaked scene onboard the train, which was eventually realized in the film as the memorable battle between the Tail Section rebels and the Front Section soldiers at the Yekaterina Bridge and Tunnel.
05. A verdant rendering of the Greenhouse Section, where it marks the first time the Tail Section rebels encounter the vivid colors of the train. Notice a key difference: the old lady in the sketch is reading a book, whereas in the film, she is leisurely doing her knitting by the fountain.
06. Beyond the fountain stand boxes of carefully cultivated and strictly controlled plants, fruits, and vegetables all flourishing within the limited spaces of the Greenhouse Section.
07. Perhaps one of the most beautiful parts of the Snowpiercer that made Yona Minsoo stare in joyous wonder: a floor-to-ceiling wraparound Aquarium Section filled with marine life.