Meet twelve women who have transformed the phrase “you play like a girl” into a huge compliment! Among them are Mo'ne Davis, a 13-year-old baseball pitcher who made history when she threw a complete-game shut out that led her team to the Little League World Series; Erin Dimeglio, the first varsity high school football quarterback in the state of Florida; and Billie Jean King, who won 39 Grand Slam titles in tennis.
Read more about these phenomenal women and others via Sports.Mic
Give a man a compliment, on anything from his hair to his drink choice, and the assumption is usually that you’re looking to get horizontal with him. Give a woman a compliment, and she’s more likely to deflect it, for fear of being thought vain or full of herself.
1. Compliment three people every day.
2. Watch the sunrise at least once a year.
3. Be the first to say, “hello.”
4. Live beneath your means.
5. Treat everyone like you want to be treated.
6. Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen.
7. Forget the Joneses.
8. Never deprive someone of hope. It may be all he has.
9. Pray not for things, but for wisdom and courage.
10. Be tough-minded but tenderhearted.
11. Be kinder than necessary.
12. Don’t forget, a person’s greates emotional need is to feel appreciated.
13. Keep your promises.
14. Learn to show cheerfulness, even when you don’t feel like it.
15. Remember that overnight success usually takes about 15 years.
16. Leave everything better than you found it.
17. Remember that winners do what losers don’t want to do.
18. When you arrive at your job in the morning, let the first thing you say brighten everyone’s day.
19. Don’t rain on other people’s parades.
20. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone that you love them.
I used to always (and still do sometimes) take the modest “it’s not that great” answer, but it’s not really beneficial to either you or the person giving the compliment! They could feel like if you’re not that great, then they themselves are even worse. So that’s when you learn to just say thank you! I think the last option is the best for yourself because you also acknowledge your own positive attributes!