5 Ways to Make Your Life More Organized
1. Organize your email. As students, we are constantly being sent emails from classes, work, professors, announcements, etc. The possibilities are endless. It can be so annoying to have to trudge through millions of emails just to find the one you need, so if you organize your email into folders, it makes it much less of a chore.
2. Keep your classes separate. Different colored folders and spirals are a must. Also, I like to keep my classes organized into different compartments of a plastic drawer set. You can even just get a simple desktop divider, but make sure you have a set place for all your different classes. Nothing is worse than showing up to class with the wrong day’s schoolwork in your backpack.
3. Make To-Do Lists. I for one will never accomplish something unless I write it down. For whatever reason, seeing something listed with a blank box next to it just gives me that much more motivation to get it done knowing I can check it off at the end of the task. Tip: Use colored pens and pencils to differentiate tasks (i.e. blue for school, green for work, pink for appointments, etc.)
4. Clean/do laundry once a week. Every Sunday (or whatever day works for you) clean up your room and do your laundry. Nothing is worse than having to do multiple loads of laundry in one day because you’ve let it pile up for so long. Also, cleaning up in intervals makes your life less stressful and chores way easier! I’d take 20 minutes once a week over 3 hours once a month any day.
5. Organize your files. Digital clutter is the absolute worst. Just take a minute out of your day to sort through all those pictures on your phone, deleting the ones that are duplicates or blurry or just plain useless. Do this on your desktop as well. Make folders for your documents, organize photos by dates and times, and create a reasonable system that you will be able to keep up with.