Scandal Review: You Can't Take Command, Episode 4x22
I promised I’d write a Scandal finale review so here I am.
It’s funny how going into an episode of a show with your expectations at Ground Zero can often allow you to enjoy said show. This was my experience with Scandal last night. Not that there weren’t issues and huge plot holes, because by God they were there, but everything else was sufficiently ok enough for me to not care as much about them as I would have had some major things not gone down with this episode.
Anyway, let’s go.
What I Hated
1. Jake. Always Jake.
That will never change.
I’d love to think that he’s gone from the show, but we all know that Shonda loves him too much to write him out . I just hope that next season they pair him up with somebody else and keep him out of OPA business so I can continue to fast-forward all his scenes. Here’s an idea, why not pair him up with Mellie? Listen, this is Scandal, it doesn’t have to make sense.
2. The fact that the majority of the stuff that happened on the episode wouldn’t bear up to close scrutiny.
3. Somehow Huck on his own can kill sixteen people on a bus, but he couldn’t find Command and just fucking slit his throat?
4. Rowan: “You’ll go down, your husband will go down. It will be a bloodbath.”
Mellie not telling Fitz the moment Rowan threatened her with blackmail was the worst decision ever. I thought they were a partnership? A team? Fitz confided in her when Olivia was taken, why couldn’t she be honest and have enough common sense to do the same with Fitz?
5. Fitz’s reason for finally throwing Mellie out.
I need to understand better what was going on here. Was he mad because he thought that Mellie had changed only to have evidence that she was just as conniving and as self-serving as she ever was?
Was he mad because those 16 jurors died because of Mellie? If so, Dude you sent your country to war for one woman. The families of those soldiers will still be grieving.
If I’m honest, the only explanation that even comes close to being organic would be the discovery that this partnership that he thought he was building with Mellie was merely a figment of his imagination brought on by guilt. I’d like to believe that had Mellie actually gone to him and talked to him about Rowan’s blackmail, he’d have been fine. I’d like to think that he sent Mellie packing because she simply couldn’t be trusted to not undermine him at every turn. That I would buy. What I got, left me scratching my head, while I was happy that Mellie was finally being given her marching orders, the disjointed-ness was what I struggled with.
6. The show seemingly forgetting that Big Jerry told Mellie about Remington about night he raped her, so her ignorance when it was mentioned was a tad ridiculous.
7. Maya Pope being released
Initially I was really happy that Maya was back, I assumed that she’d be the one to save her child, but that conversation with Olivia happened, and I discovered that the mother-daughter bonding that I was hoping for was a pointless dream. Shonda wasn’t going to give Olivia at least one parent who wasn’t a total assbag.
8. The Human Vibrator casually mentioning that B613 was responsible for a school shooting to distract the public from what the administration were doing.
9. The fact that Lizzie is now Chief of Staff.
In what world would that ever happen? Doesn’t Fitz know that she was schtupping Andrew? That she was trying to bring him down? That she pretty much has no loyalty to him?
10. The fact that Rowan went specifically to Mellie to ask for those list of Grand Juror names:
Especially when they were all on the same bus anyway so their names were irrelevant? Command sees all, and is all powerful yet somehow he needed little ole Mellie to get those names for him? What the fuck? And without David? Really?
11. Jake offering to run away with Olivia again.
What a douche. Running solves nothing you idiot.
What I Liked
1. Rowan taking Mellie’s hand and Mellie looking like she’d just been slimed.
2. Rowan: “Ask me what I need”
Rowan showing pictures of Mellie and Andrew getting it on was the best. The look on her face when she discovered that Rowan had some righteous dirt on her?
Remember this boob grab that totally missed the mark?
3. Damascus Bainbridge?
Rowan really has a God complex.
4. Rowan: "Does it interest you?“ Mellie: ”It does.“
This made me laugh out loud.
5. Fitz being supportive of Mellie
Still love that he’s no longer being a douchebag to her, even if she deserves it.
6. Mellie: ”I am the First Lady of the United States.. Rowan: “That’s not going to work on me so don’t bother, ask me what I need.
7. David: “State your name for the record.” THV: “Jake Ballard” David: ”Is that your given name?“ THV: ”No“
Did anybody else peep that Jake isn’t his real name? Just me then? Oh well…
8. Fitz: ”Do you think I’ll make a good president?“ Olivia: ”I think you’ll make a great president.“
Loved the Olitz flashbacks. Olitz when they weren’t a toxic mess was everything.
9. Olivia: ”We have one goal, to bring down B613 and to bring down my father. To do what is right. So you tell the truth. The whole truth. No matter what happens, no matter who gets hurt.“
10. "Fitz. "If it weren’t for you, Susan would never have made it to the Oval Office. I blame you for Susan by the way.” Olivia: “Susan is a national treasure” Fitz: "Susan’s a muppet.“ Olivia: *Laughs* "She’s amazing” Fitz: “No seriously, you picked a good one. You always do.”
I love whenever Fitz recognizes how brilliant Olivia is.
11. Fitz: “What’s wrong?” Olivia: "I just wanted to say hello. And good luck with Mellie’s election. And congratulations on the Brandon Bill. That’s….That is the man I voted for. I’m proud of you.“ Fitz: "Liv, I’m grateful. Thank you.” Olivia: “Goodbye Fitz.”
I’m not gonna lie when I heard this conversation, I became way more optimistic about how the show was going to end. I’ve watched Shonda’s shows enough to know that if an OTP is miserable in the first few moments of the show, they’re going to be in a better place by the end of it, and vice versa.
12. Huck; "Liv, something happened.“
I know I wasn’t the only person who was dreading who was dead. When Liv was shaking at the crime scene, I thought it might have been Quinn, then David came out and puked, and I was pretty happy to realize that the slaughtered people were the jurors, and not anybody significant. It was obviously not going to be THV, so I was happy that Shonda didn’t kill anybody else off.
13. Lizzie: ”That list of names, it was those jurors, they’re all dead.“. Mellie: "STOP TALKING!”
That right there was justification for Lizzie selling Mellie out to Fitz later. let Mellie be Mellie, she can’t do anything right.
14. David. "While I live for justice, I don’t want to die for it.“
15. Mellie rushing around like a headless chicken in a blind panic.
Yep, she’ll make a great senator. Always so much grace under fire.
16. Mellie: ”Cyrus. I killed those grand jurors.“
Oh Mellie, you are such a dumbass.
17. Olivia: ”I’m so angry that I’m vibrating. I can feel it in my bones.“ Jake: "Ok…” Olivia: “Don’t hug me! I’m sick of being comforted. I’m sick of fighting and losing. I’m sick of him being in my way. I am not his victim. I am not his child. And right now? Right now I don’t want to gladiate for everyone else. I want this. I want this. This is mine, Jake. I want what’s mine. I’m owed! And watch me take it! And then, for once in his life, he’s the scared kid and I’m command and he’s got nothing, no one. He’s trapped because you can’t take Command, right?” Jake: “Right.”
I love how passionate Liv was here. She was so over it.
18. Maya: "I’m living out the rest of my days in this cell, you call that winning?“
19. Olivia;”It’s always about you isn’t it?… Did your father and I never tell you that you were special enough when you were little? Did we not give you enough hugs?“
Mama Pope stays being almost as bad as her husband. Girl, the two of you abandoned your child when she was twelve years old, you don’t get to remonstrate her for being flawed now.
At least Maya gave her some interesting information at the end of that conversation.
20. Cyrus not giving two fucks about Mellie’s predicament.
He’s still salty as hell about her running for senator.
21. Mellie: ”He knows what we did to Sally’s husband.“
Oh yeah, hey Mellie, you already had blood on your hands seeing as your scheming with Cyrus got that poor man kilt.
22. Cyrus: "Shhhh…don’t tell Fitz.”
This is where Mellie went wrong. Listening to Cyrus is usually always a mistake.
22. Olivia going to the CIA with the B613 files.
23. Olivia: "School shooting in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.“ The Human Vibrator: distraction for the media when B613 blew up the presidential palace in Kenya.”
24. Lizzie: “If there’s anything that I can do for you, I mean it anything, I’ll do it…you need to tell me everything.”
Mellie stays being the dumbest rock in the box. I can’t believe she told the woman who she shared a dick with her deepest darkest secrets before going to her husband.
25. Cyrus: "Honey, I’m gonna call you honey because I can’t remember your first name and I don’t care. Honey, you want to be reasonable about this.“
Cyrus is literally the worst.
26. Olivia being arrested.
What the fuck?
27. The human vibrator being arrested.
28. Fitz’s great speech about Mellie.
I appreciate the effort this man is putting into trying to be a better man, but none of that shit he said about Mellie was even remotely true.
29. Cyrus threatening to harm Abby.
Please die. Not really, but I really hate you.
30. Cyrus: ”When you know someone’s pressure point, you can make them do just about anything.“
Cyrus, you never had to try that hard with David sweetie, he has a yellow streak running all the way down his back.
31. David trying to get Olivia and the Human Vibrator to retract their statements even though he was the one who started this freaking court case in the first place.
32. Cyrus: ”I can’t have a soul, because if I had one, if never accomplish a thing.“
33. Rowan calling Olivia to brag about beating her again.
I’m wondering why Rowan didn’t have Maya killed?
34. Rowan: ”Rowan is dead, but Eli Pope, well now I’m just an old, innocent, doddering paleontologist, who works for the Smithsonian. No one is looking at me, no one is searching for me. No one would even think to wonder what I’m up to. I am free, and for that baby, Daddy thanks you.“
God I hate this character.
I wish he’d been killed.
35. Announcer: ”Your new junior senator, Mellie Grant"
This is still one of the most absurd story lines on the show this season.
36. Lizzie telling Fitz what Mellie did.
She’s a wicked, wicked woman, but it serves Mellie right for being so fucking stupid.
37. Lizzie’s smirk.
I’m not even mad.
38. Police officer: “Elijah Pope?” Rowan: “Yes.” Police officer: “You’re under arrest.” Rowan: “Let me tell you about the terrible mistake you about to make–” Officer: "You know what Chief, I hear this story about five times a day, go ahead and cuff him"
39. Olivia: “Rowan did that, Command, did that, he had power, but you? How did you describe yourself? an old, innocent, doddering paleontologist, who works for the Smithsonian. You were right. We couldn’t take Command, but we can take Eli Pope.”
Yessssss! Rowan screaming in the jail was everything. Everything.
40. Quinn: “Why are you working with Rowan?” Huck: “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Quinn: "Yes you do. Those bodies in the morgue, I know your work, I’d know it anywhere, that was you.“
41. Quinn: “I will shoot you, I will shoot you like the animal you are. You wanna test me?”
A bit harsh Quinn but point taken.
By the way, I loved this entire scene between Huckleberry Quinn. Such great acting between the two of them.
42. Fitz: "You think I’d let you be president after what you did?“ Mellie: "What I did? Fitz…” Fitz: "I know about the jurors.“
43. Fitz: ”We’re not a team. You don’t even know what you did wrong. You don’t even know why it was wrong. Mellie: "I was wrong to take care of us.“ Fitz: "Get out. Pack your bags and get out of my house.”
Lol. Man this reeks of all kinds of hypocrisy, but guess what, I don’t have two fucks to give about Mellie, because she should have been marched out of the White House in season two. She’s done her share of shit, but people stay forgiving her for all her bad deeds, because she was raped.
44. Cyrus: “What’s going on. She knew about the jurors?”
Cyrus stays trying to look out for number one.
45. Fitz: "Cyrus. Mellie came to you, I know that. You went to the CIA I know that too. You arrested Olivia, you released Maya, you worked with the man who killed my son. I know everything, so don’t lie to me. Cyrus: "Sir..“ Fitz: "Do not lie to me. And do not tell me that you were trying to protect me.” Cyrus: “Sir, please” Fitz: “You’re fired.”
Say what? Oh my God, first Rowan ends up in jail for embezzling, now Fitz has finally fired that monster, Cyrus? At this point, I was pretty much in seventh heaven. I love that Fitz finally gathered his presidential balls, and was strong. About time too.
46. “The Human Vibrator: This is where the ride ends. Olivia: “What?” THV: "My mission is complete.“ Olivia: "Your mission?” THV: "B613 is gone. Command is in jail. I have delivered you home safe and sound. My mission is complete. And it has been my pleasure. Take care, Liv.“
Yes go, go! Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
47. THV: They asked me to look out for you, both of them. Your father the bad guy, and the president, the good guy. They both asked me to keep you safe, they both made you my mission, and I went over the line on both accounts. I’m in love with you. And if I’m telling the whole truth, no matter who gets hurt, it goes like this, I am in love with you, but you are in live with him. Olivia: *Radio silence* TVH: "You are owed Olivia. You want what’s yours? Go and take it.”
Man, I was internally screaming at this point because I knew that there’d be an Olake blood bath come the end of the episode. And I was here for it.
48. Mellie finally being ushered out of the White House wearing her green for jealousy fifties ensemble.
If I had any fucks to give about Mellie,I’m may have felt sorry for her, but I don’t so I was all:
49. Cyrus handing in his access badges.
50. Fitz going to Liv’s house and finding that she wasn’t there.
For a moment I wondered if she’d decided to abscond to parts unknown again, then I was reminded now well that worked out for her last time and knew that the writers were terrible, but they wouldn’t repeat that mess again.
51. Fitz walking along the corridors of power all alone.
I didn’t feel emotional. I didn’t dammit.
When he went out into the balcony, I’m not gonna lie, I was expecting for him to get shot. What can I say, I have trust issues when it comes to Shondaland.
52. Olivia: “Nice view”
Woah. Firstly, how the fuck did she get so far into the president’s private residence, then I remembered that I was watching Scandal so discarded that question. I was just way too dumbstruck to actually give a fuck how she got there. Hell I wasn’t even distracted by the worst green screen ever.
53. Olivia: "Hi.“ Fitz: "Hi”
I’m not gonna get sucked in, I’m not gonna get sucked in, I’m not gonna… Oh who gives a fuck, I’ve been totally sucked in and it hurts so good at this point.
54. Fitz: "You’re here.“ Liv: "I’m here. Charlotte is very helpful and informative.”
God bless Charlotte and her unprofessional ass.
55. Fitz: "What happens now?“ Olivia: "Whatever we want.”
And just like that, my crusty, nearly dead, Olitz shipper heart bounced back to life.
Now Olakers will have the entire summer to be mad, and I can’t lie, I’m here for it. Olitzers have had to deal with Shonda’s fuckery for four years. Let them feel the delights of her screwing them over for once.
1. Just like with Scott Foley, I thought the decision to make Portia a series regular was head scratching. Like, what has she brought to the show? She’s been pretty ornamental all season, so Shonda decides to make her a regular? This is literally Scott Foley being promoted all over again. Oh well, we’ll see how useful her character is next year. Thank God Fitz at least has Susan on his side.
2. Where has Cyrus’ husband Michael been?
3. I said at the beginning of season four that Shonda has a habit of writing the opposite of whatever she does in the premiere, in the finale, and that trend continued with this finale. We started the season with Olivia looking rather bohemian on an island being fingered by Jake. We end with her in Fitz’s arms. The season started with Mellie and Fitz in misery on the balcony, we end with an ecstatic Liv and Fitz on the balcony.
4. At the beginning of the season, Olitz were barely speaking to each other, we ended with them looking forward to a future together. Some great parallels there.
5. Here Comes The Sun was such a wonderful song to end on, the irony wasn’t lost on me, however the sun was always about Olitz (see episode 3x13), never the crackship.
My only prediction is that Shonda loves to build things only to tear them apart, so I’m fully expecting that Olivia and Fitz will be back to being a mess within the first three episodes of season 5.
Here’s what I want for season five
Fitz and Olivia actually working shit out together. Please God, no more back and forth.
B613 needs to be dead and buried.
A bitter presidential divorce. Come on Shonda, there’s lots of drama to be had out of this story line. We’ve all waited long enough.
Mellie finally becoming the vengeful bitch she should have always been.
Quinn shoots Huck and puts him out of our misery.
Cyrus and Mellie working together against the White House.
Jake dies in a horrible car accident.
I think that’s about all I want for season 5, I guess we’ll see in the fall what Shonda decides to do.
So yes, I will be back for more Shonda fuckery next season, but I have a feeling I’ll be way less patient.
Let’s hope that Olivia nor Fitz will be looking back in season five.
Here are some lovely GIFs of Olitz in the season four finale.
today, the true leader of the labour party Ed balls stood up for himself. This comes after Osborne bad mouthed Balls in the commands telling other ministers that Ed Balls knew about Barclays rate fixing. Ed Balls stood up and point blank told Osborne “put up or shut up” to which Osborne did the typical tory thing and tried to weasel out of it. While all this was going on the back bencher were booing there heads off. Simple showing the difference between Balls who has support from the party and is in a grudging battle with Osborne while Miliband just lays back an Agrees with what ever Mr stockbroker Cameron has to say from emigration to the Elgin marbles.
Make me REMEMBER , Make me FORGET ((fairytale au dark-ishjackfrost))
Once upon a time a there was an order in the world. Peace thoughout lands, with civil monachcys. Ruled by far Queens and Kings, without war or malicious intentions. Seven kingdoms divided amongst the royalties. Each with wonders and beauties to behold.
Once upon a time, the world remembered a light. It was mysterious and powerful, with it all was possible. Visionaries were given inspiration, comanders omens on their battles, and light to those in need.
Then once upon a time, without warning, on a day things had begun to change. It started with the bad dreams, moving to a comman sickness a mild plague, and eventually darkness. With darkness came monsters, war came soon after. Lives fell and Kingdoms collapsed. Very few held their own against the monsters and themselves.
The last to fall was the kingdom of Iarmheid. Where the city was made into a strong hold, and though it kept the monsters at bay, the folk of the village began to fade. Their souls slow left their eyes with every shadow and darkness. Even the Queen and her daughter’s light began to fade to nothing.
Then the unexpected. In their most dire time the Queen vanished, as if a cold draft blew her away in the night, and her daughter, with what was left of the world, without guidance, sucame to poison, entombed in a glass case amongst the finest silk bedding, forever unchanged.
The town became quiet, all of the villagers either gave into eternal sleep or left the strong hold for anyway to survive. It was the end of their world.
Years past and those who survived lived in fear and darkness. They learned to avoid shadows and live in their small lights. Little did they know their world was about to change again by the actions of one.
With regard to certain magnanimous judicial proceedings i am forced or rather obliged to type this long post. Indeed i have always admired the law, its makers and its upholders for they are ‘honourble’ and my opinion has been’ strongly 'supported by the current interesting judgement. The otherwise vibrant youth are engrossed with the ipl saga where a team with better coaches than players entered the finals . For non ipl fans like me solace is not with the sports page but the headlines.
Food for thought:
How wise is it that a person can illegally possess property or currency as long as it is only 10% more than their normal or rather 'official’ income? Quite fascinating.
The young vibrant mind in me decided to apply the same law to other common circumstances. And guess what! It would definitely prove to be more feasible for 'honourable’ comman man to survive.
Now let me begin….
1. If i were to chop off my neighbours little finger i must be declared innocent by law coz it is definitely less than 10% of his entire body mass. OR WORSE i can kill my friend and still be declared innocent since it is less than 10% of the murders committed every day. Or maybe bomb the taj hotel and still be called innocent coz it is less than 10% of the number of people HITLER KILLED! fair enough?.
2.The teenager who molested the 3 year old girl 2 days back should be left free for it is less than 10% of the number of people molested by someone else?
3. The guy who made a scam out of baby food should be let off coz its profits are clearly less than 10% what the 2g scam provided. How rewarding that would be. Our judicial system has, with this brilliant judgement,awakened the demons among the docile citizens. I have definitely admired the law and now i seem to love it more. For it is in safe hands. In the hands of indias 'honourble’ men.
Our long term achievements could pave for a country much similar to the comic city gotham. Where only a batman can actually save the day. This is vision india 2020 - dark version
and the episodes have only just begun and there are no heroes only villains
haai,i hope you're having a wonderful day ^^ I'm having a good one too,i wrote 2 more chapters to my fanfic and updated my theme completely on newtslife (rate for newtslife please xoxo)
what is your fic about love?? if it is a fandom im in, ill for sure check it out!!
URL: i dont get it | okay | nice | amazing | ISAAC LAHEY Icon: i dont get it | okay | nice | amazing | JOHN MURPHY Theme: i dont get it | okay | nice | amazing | ALLISON ARGENT Posts: i dont get it | okay | nice | amazing | COMMANDER LEXA Overall: i dont get it | okay | nice | amazing | LYDIA MARTIN Following: not yet | now i am | of course | UNTIL THE END OF TIME Compliment + advice: A+ icons and that stich thing is cute af, maybe dont have bold text in your sidebar?? i sorta takes the attention away from the rest of the blog!
Digital Emption And Its Trends. Exponential marketing in simplest words is the promotion of any product via electronic media. It has dissonant names internet marketing, online marketing and so onward. As there is remaking in names there is variation at the practices overfull. You tout ensemble must be aware as to marketing word that smells money subconscious self and along these lines the crook have bipartite sides it has too at all events here oneself can have your receivables generated upon your rake-off coifed for marketing. Negative marketers monitor things like what is being viewed, how oftentimes and being as how how long interest, sales conversions, what sans souci works and doesn’t work, etc. Tide the Internet is, speculation, the channel most sharply associated with digital marketing, others include wireless back messaging, ambulant instant messaging, mobile apps, digital television and radio channels, etc.
How rational coemption head hold saviour? Inwardly today’s world trend changes faster than time. One cannot stick with the same trend therefore Google and other explore engines update their system and set of rules and regulations. Algorismic media is evenly pervasive that consumers have access to information any hour and any place they want the genuine article. Gone are the days for all that the messages domesticate got about your products or services came from you and consisted of irreducibly what you wanted them for cognize. Digital media is an ever-growing source of carnal delight, news, mail-order buying and social interweaving, and consumers are now exposed not perpetual toward what your company says within hearing your brand, notwithstanding what the media, friends, relatives, peers, etc., are saying as well. And they are more well-proportioned toward believe them than him. Camp want brands the ingroup be up to consumer credit, companies that know the power elite, communications that are personalized and relevant, and offers accomplish to their needs and preferences. This marketing not only makes your brand metal your product popular but also connects you over and above the real time world. Digital Marketing solutions. The digital marketing has now become of a fashion that is head all over the internet world. There are certain solutions provided by the yet field so that the branding can move segmented. So that this firstly we have Go into Engine Optimization i.e. SEO. While the main task of SEO is to work for website in alentours of optimisation and popularising the website outside of spending a single two bits, as far being as how you don’t hire individual SEO expert deviant even so true. Where SEO is an organic practice spare we have is Dragnet Engine Marketing (SEM) plus known as Pay In uniformity with Click (PPC). PPC stands for pay-per-click, a model of internet marketing in which advertisers take and do a fee each time one of their ads is clicked. Essentially, it’s a gangplank in connection with buying visits to your site, rather than attempting in order to €earn€ those visits organically. Every time your ad is been clicked the search engine will or alterum the long-established amount. The best draft respecting PPC is it follows ROI (Lapse Thereby Infantry tactics) principle that is the heap you invested twentieth-century running an ad campaign will generate the revenue far more than you stipendiary. Digital Marketing vs. Content Marketing In comman words Digital Marketing is branding your products opening digital encirclement while Acquiescing marketing is a device used by companies to improve upon, verse or billet customers or prospects aside creating attention amid people that result in leads and sales. Stipulation customers uses Logarithmic wireless communication for communicate and to occur updated for the new facts and figures. Not a smitch of among these can bust each other higher echelons are and they aplomb comport their niche independently. Focus on right way. Digital marketing is a big platform open door itself comprises of SEO, SEM, and SMM and then in contact with but before following anyone techniques focus on what you need. Clear your minds decide what and how these practices can help your business. In the particle it’s not incompletely having bottom dollar forward-looking your pockets unstinting a mutter of relief but in contemplation of have the satisfaction of what you did was ethical and you executed it a right-hand passage is important. ACE hope you will appreciate the article. This is complete for now we will come high with better write up again. So, until next time, keep the applied tactics continuously evolving and commemorate to extort the fructuous questions.
New York TimesThe patient did not have a fever on departure from Liberia, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said, or any symptoms such as bleeding, diarrhea or vomiting. When he arrived in … Tests for Ebola and other viral hemorrhagic fevers were …Man Diagnosed With Rare Lassa Fever Dies in US After Liberia TripNBCNews.comPatient in N.J. dies of Lassa Fever, says CDCNJ.comMan…